GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:
Oh! Aye I forgot that “CF” was stood on the duck board ( climbed on at Scratchwwood Services :open_mouth: ) banging on the back window trying to persuade them to let him into the cab to sit on the bonnet between them ! But they stopped “on tap 'o Beatock” and threw the [zb] off ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: Cheers Bewick

Aye Larry and don’t you give the [zb] a lift back down to Penrith in that 8 wheeler MM ! Anon 1.

Dennis he was still standing there when I cruised past, He waved of course but I didnt stop I had a timed delivery in Newport & a load of tin plate to reload with, :laughing: :laughing: :lol, Regards Larry.:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:
Oh! Aye I forgot that “CF” was stood on the duck board ( climbed on at Scratchwwood Services :open_mouth: ) banging on the back window trying to persuade them to let him into the cab to sit on the bonnet between them ! But they stopped “on tap 'o Beatock” and threw the [zb] off ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: Cheers Bewick

Aye Larry and don’t you give the [zb] a lift back down to Penrith in that 8 wheeler MM ! Anon 1.

Dennis he was still standing there when I cruised past, He waved of course but I didnt stop I had a timed delivery in Newport & a load of tin plate to reload with, :laughing: :laughing: :lol, Regards Larry.:

I hope I don’t detect a bit of weakening on your part Larry just because you were loaded for S.Wales ! I bet if you had been loaded for “The Smoke” you would have took pity on the ■■■■ and told him to sit a’back of the head board if he wanted a lift then slung the ■■■■ off at Edgeware on the way in !! Cheers Dennis.PS well he couldn’t sit on the passenger side as you had your Blazer and slacks on the coat hanger and your case in the footwell eh!

Aye Dennis, But you forgot to mention my winkle picker shoes, & My cravat, Eh. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Aye Dennis, But you forgot to mention my winkle picker shoes, & My cravat, Eh. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

OOPS I forgot my Cavelrey Twill Troosaz, One had to look ones best when down the Smoke, :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

OOPS I forgot my Cavelrey Twill Troosaz, One had to look ones best when down the Smoke, :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: , Regards Larry.

Smooth as ■■■■■■■ Chocolate eggs you’s Hinneys :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dennis.PS Eric and me only had a clean boiler suit to change into :blush:

Come on Dennis, Howdare I you think that I would venture on a trip to the Smoke without a clean boiler suit, I allways prided myself as a good clean looking driver & very well presented , With a clean Shirt & even sometimes a Tie, With a Windsor Knot of course, Im just finishing a bottle of OLD PULTENEY 12 yr Old single malt luvely ■■■■■■■ jubley, Regards Larry. :angry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Come on Dennis, Howdare I you think that I would venture on a trip to the Smoke without a clean boiler suit, I allways prided myself as a good clean looking driver & very well presented , With a clean Shirt & even sometimes a Tie, With a Windsor Knot of course, Im just finishing a bottle of OLD PULTENEY 12 yr Old single malt luvely [zb] jubley, Regards Larry. :angry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now don’t give us the bollox about a “Windsor Knot” Larry I would like to bet it was a “Bow Tie” eh! :blush: :open_mouth: Cheers Dennis. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Come on Dennis, Howdare I you think that I would venture on a trip to the Smoke without a clean boiler suit, I allways prided myself as a good clean looking driver & very well presented , With a clean Shirt & even sometimes a Tie, With a Windsor Knot of course, Im just finishing a bottle of OLD PULTENEY 12 yr Old single malt luvely [zb] jubley, Regards Larry. :angry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now don’t give us the bollox about a “Windsor Knot” Larry I would like to bet it was a “Bow Tie” eh! :blush: :open_mouth: Cheers Dennis. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now then Dennis you old devil you must have been at Stringfellows the same time that I was :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Now then Dennis you old devil you must have been at Stringfellows the same time that I was :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Would have thought Oddfellows was more your scene Larry?

David

:laughing: :laughing: :lo

5thwheel:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Would have thought Oddfellows was more your scene Larry?

David

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

^^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ^^

Retired Old ■■■■:

Hi ROF You are laughing, But Im sure I would have noticed someone in a boiler suit in Stringfellows, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , After all I dont think they would have let young Dennis & his pal Eric in, Even If their boiler suits were brand new, Eh :wink: :wink: :wink: , Anyway it saved me some dosh as I didnt have to buy them a drink. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Hi ROF You are laughing, But Im sure I would have noticed someone in a boiler suit in Stringfellows, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , After all I dont think they would have let young Dennis & his pal Eric in, Even If their boiler suits were brand new, Eh :wink: :wink: :wink: , Anyway it saved me some dosh as I didnt have to buy them a drink. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:, Regards Larry.

Aye Larry ,if you could afford to go to Stringfellows you must have had few lucrative “fiddles” going ( say no more :open_mouth: ) Eric and me only had time for a pint or three in a near by Boozer eh! Did you get a cab to take you up West or did you go on the Tube ? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Aye Larry ,if you could afford to go to Stringfellows you must have had few lucrative “fiddles” going ( say no more :open_mouth: ) Eric and me only had time for a pint or three in a near by Boozer eh! Did you get a cab to take you up West or did you go on the Tube ? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

A cab of course, At least I think I did or perhaps I may have been dreaming while cabbing it in Goodmans Yard on the Hill, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The good old days though IMO ,Regards Larry.

A conversation I’ve had with a Guy test driver,

pete smith:
A conversation I’ve had with a Guy test driver,

I’ve been corresponding with this bloke who worked for Smiths

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Retired Old ■■■■:

A cab of course, At least I think I did or perhaps I may have been dreaming while cabbing it in Goodmans Yard on the Hill, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The good old days though IMO ,Regards Larry.

Drop the trailer then three or four of you could cram in the Big J’s cab. Plenty of places to park it around the West End back streets in those days.

I refer my respected colleague Mr. Bewick to Gasza’s and Pete’s posts above. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I refer my respected colleague Mr. Bewick to Gasza’s and Pete’s posts above. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Wasting your time there ROF, it will ‘conveniently’ get ignored while in a whisky induced haze and the topic will continue just as before. :unamused: :wink:

Pete.

Look Lads, this thread is going to be kept going in perpetuity ( i.e. Forever ROF :wink: ) it’s alright various “believers” piling in and swearing on a stack of Bibles that the whole SOM fleet was Big J engined 8LXB’s but there is not one legitimate shot of one of the 40 :open_mouth: SOM were supposedly running ! Their core fleet motor in the 70’s was the 205/220 ■■■■■■■ engined Guys and they would be bought “on price” by SOM’s parent United Transport, they very obviously drew the line at dropping the spec further to a RR engine chassis as the ■■■■■■■ were a very acceptable, and reliable, option ! But this bollox about SOM only buying the very best available (8LXB’s,) and paying a substantial premium into the bargain, and never mind Guy been unable to supply 8LXB chassis, is pure ■■■■■■■ fantasy believe me !! So “Believer’s” either get some photographic evidence onto the thread or admit defeat ! Cheers Bewick.