Goodbye

I did!

Well, this is all very shocking. I don’t really know what else to say, except I too have known folk who have been given X amount of time to live and were still thriving long after the “due date”. So chin up, lad.

Bloody horrible news about a horrible thing Vern. Hope you can keep yer chin up and as others have said, come on here and talk ■■■■■■■■ or let it all out. We’re all ears.

I dont think I can say anything that hasn’t already been said. Heres hoping you prove the doctors wrong.

Sorry to read this Vern

Sorry to hear that vern, make the best of your time.

Time to tick off all those boxes in your bucket list. All the best.

I always enjoyed your swashbuckling tales of the more interesting side of game.You have sure earned your spurs.Characters of your ilk are getting fewer and far between these days.Wishing you bonne route to a better dimension.

I don’t post here often these days but do remember you and the sad loss of your son. I don’t have anything to say that hasn’t already been posted, but I wish you all the very best whatever happens. A pleasure to have known you - take care and enjoy every moment you have.

Don’t know what to say , life realy isn’t fair
Keep fighting Vern

I always enjoyed reading your posts and following your adventures, some of that van stuff was crazy!

Very sad to hear your bad news, no words I can say will help you, but thanks for being on here and sharing, I know a lot of people look forward to a Vern post and I’m glad to be one of them.

Good luck, and thanks for the memories.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That’s nice of you to say so.

bigvern1:

Don’t give up hope Vern, the musician Wilko Johnson from Dr Feelgood had the same horrible condition, he is still around and healthy a few years after his diagnosis. Best wishes Kev.

don’t know what to say m8, but all best wishes from here …

kevmac47:

bigvern1:

Don’t give up hope Vern, the musician Wilko Johnson from Dr Feelgood had the same horrible condition, he is still around and healthy a few years after his diagnosis. Best wishes Kev.

Yes, Wilko is still alive and gigging. He put a lot of energy into what he though were his last projects, and when he was finally cured said “I don’t really know what to do now”!

Anyway, good luck to you Vern…you made this forum a brighter place…and I guess a lot of other places brighter too!

Holy ■■■■.

Just seen this.

For what it is worth…

My dear Mother was given bad news in around 2004 that she had cancer, and my sister and father had all but written her off. I went to town on the pair of them, and in no uncertain terms, told them to do one. I told my Mother to ignore them, to stay chipper, and smile and laugh, and do you know what? She got another 5 years before she finally succumbed on February 12th 2010, after initially being able to ring the bell.

The moral of the story is, smile in the face of adversity, stay positive, and tell yourself that you can do this.

Best of British Vern.

Ken.

Conor:
Time to tick off all those boxes in your bucket list. All the best.

In purely stoical terms, yes, that’s what I would do. When the late great Fred Dibnah was diagnosed with terminal cancer, he refused the offer of chemotherapy and went off to do one last tour on his traction engine instead.

Sorry to hear this ,all the best to you.
Me i would be keeping quiet and hitting a few bank loans up and doing a world tour of debaunchery joints etc.
Stay strong.

Unfortunately, I have Adenocarcinoma, the worse one of all. Wilko had the lesser one, then had massive surgery. Mine is inoperable. Sadly

All I can wish for you other than a miracle cure of course is to hope you don’t have too much pain and also a smooth transition to the other side.

All the best Vern.