Have I missed something here?

I have scrolled and looked but I am unable to find anything about a post I found on two other sites this weekend.
I notice that on Mrs Mix’s “Where are we going this week 08 Oct” BiggusDickus posted he might have another week off.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25739

Well, he has posted “goodbye for now” on the LDF Forum and there is a report on the PDA yet I can find no posts on here about the subject.

Please Rikki and Lucy, if I am out of order then PM me and let me know quietly but I feel obliged to post a link (which I know is against the rules)

If I have missed a post about this tragedy, then feel free to delete this post

Biggus started this thread a few weeks ago

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25374

There are some more postings from him about his progress on this thread as well

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25430

There’s a post in the Health Forum about his situation which he put up himself. We haven’t gone any further than that and into any more detail because it’s not our place to publicise people’s personal troubles, and we haven’t received any request from his family ( be that direct from Amanda or through anyone else) to put it on here.

Given as how this is a much bigger and therefore more anonymous forum than the ones where posts have been made, I can 100% appreciate why it isn’t necessarily the best place to do it. I wouldn’t, if I were in Amanda’s shoes.

As both Rikki and myself are personal friends of Steve’s, and there are many here who also fall into that category, be it through work or through meeting him at various TN get togethers, you can rest assured he is deeply in our thoughts. I visited him just a couple of weeks before his recent trial. He knows where my heart and wishes lie.

It’s a horrible and sad situation, but our Steve’s a fighter. I can also categorically state that when I saw him we talked for a good couple of hours about all of this, and said to me then that it wouldn’t be the Leukaemia that got him, it’d be an infection…and if that turned out to be his time, then we should let him go and raise a glass to send him on his way. It was a touching moment, but I know he was sincere in what he said.

That said, he’s with us yet, and as my partner in Iveco-worship I think of him every time I open my wagon door. One of the last things I said to him - and later posted here - was that this is one hell of a lot of effort to go to in order to get the diesel out of his veins. He laughed but didn’t deny it, the old sod.

It’s thoughts that count in situations such as these, not public proclamations. I’m sure if he feels we have done him wrong he will let us know…Either by coming back here and saying so for himself, or by tinkering with my electrics and bringing up a whole new host of dashboard faults on the Stralis and then winking at me in my mirror on his way to his eternal night-out. One thing I do know, however, is that he’ll consider it a job well done either way.

Thank you so much for correcting me in my thinking, Lucy and Coffee. I didn’t realise we had a Health Forum :open_mouth:
Please remember I am away a lot and I don’t get to read every thread on here these days. Thanx for letting me know, Lucy