Goodbye

I do remember you big verne and reading the loss of your son…words seem to fail me with your second piece of news about your good self…so so sorry mate, words really aint enough mate, all i can do is wish you to be pain free for the rest of your days mate…l;ost for words mate …god bless you and your nearest and dearest.

Sorry, I don’t know what to say, I used to read your posts quite often.
Enjoy the time you have left with your family, if there’s anything I can do and I’m sure that goes for most of the members on here, please, just ask.
Steve.

Yorkysays:-:
Sorry, I don’t know what to say, I used to read your posts quite often.
Enjoy the time you have left with your family, if there’s anything I can do and I’m sure that goes for most of the members on here, please, just ask.
Steve.

alright vern, well here’s my offer of help i’ll scatter your ashes around st Andrews … :wink:

Great, I love golf.

Sorry for your news fella. God bless

bigvern1:
Great, I love golf.

touche sir, :laughing:

Sorry to hear this yep remember your post & about your son Kenny
My dad ( Keelman ) found out he had cancer on 12 march 2011 lasted till 12 April 2011
Good luck take care hope you can do some kind on blog on here if when you can don’t ever lose that sense of humour whatever

Been trying to think of summat really funny and uplifting to post for you… since Luke has already called you a useless ***er that option has gone!
So, What are your plans for now? What are you looking forward to doing now?
Are any plans to pay the mortgage off early being put on hold?

:wink:

Well I’m on the 2nd course of the most toxic chemo there is. I get three days worth then 11 off. Two days after coming off, I get the 2 Bob bits. This is to give me a better quality of life apparently. My prognosis is 8 months and I was diagnosed a month ago. Medically retired for obvious reasons. :unamused:

bigvern1:
Well I’m on the 2nd course of the most toxic chemo there is. I get three days worth then 11 off. Two days after coming off, I get the 2 Bob bits. This is to give me a better quality of life apparently. My prognosis is 8 months and I was diagnosed a month ago. Medically retired for obvious reasons. :unamused:

“Every cloud has a silver lining somewhere” they say.
Guess you can cut down on the bill for vindaloos?

How are you on the other days between chemo visits? Hope you`ve enough energy to get about doing ■■? stuff?

On a positive note ,do some of us remember the Lockerbie bomber Magrahi or such like was his name. The Scottish Government sent him home to die as he had cancer and just months to live. He forgot to die and lived on for three years. If he could do it then its nowt to a trucker. Wishing you well.

So sorry to hear. Not religious in any shape or form but really hope there is something after this life and you will be reunited with your son.

Terrible news Vern.
Wish you all the best.

You ok Vern ?

alamcculloch:
On a positive note ,do some of us remember the Lockerbie bomber Magrahi or such like was his name. The Scottish Government sent him home to die as he had cancer and just months to live. He forgot to die and lived on for three years. If he could do it then its nowt to a trucker. Wishing you well.

In fairness, he was completely tucked up in the first place…

“Several legal experts as well as the UN observer at the Lockerbie trial have vehemently challenged the verdict that convicted Megrahi,[8] while Ulrich Lumpert, the Mebo AG engineer who testified to the validity of a key piece of evidence, admitted in an affidavit to lying in court and stealing the object from his employer, after which he gave it to one of the crime investigators.[9]”

But that’s by the by. Hopefully Vern can give us a (positive) update on his ordeal.

Phew, that’s a relief.
I got an email saying that this thread had been updated. I didn’t want to click on it in case it was bad news.
Hope you are as well as can be expected Vern.
This reminds me of funnyfut(?), he was a real nice chap as well. Think he died from prostate cancer.

Geeeeez sometimes you read summat and all your own troubles fade into insignificance.

I echo everyone elses thoughts mate and just add that my Mrs lived ten years longer than she was expected to after her cancer diagnosis.

I’m still here guys. Just had round 4/12 of chemo. Just get bad guts at night. All good as can be I suppose.

bigvern1:
I’m still here guys. Just had round 4/12 of chemo. Just get bad guts at night. All good as can be I suppose.

Best wishes Vern. Regards Kev.

bigvern1:

Regular updates please Vern.

Ken.