Going home during shift

dieseldog999:
it would need to pay a lot better.
you wouldnt make that much working a 15 hour shift on xmas day,but happy days if your convinced you are.
just a pity there may be other newbies believe it and think theyre not making as much as they could… :unamused:

Either - some people are making those rates. Or in 5 minutes I created an invoice to fool people on here. After posting the information about the job and also giving the name and mobile number about the job to other prominent members on here.

The money is there to be made - IF you are in the right area and land in the right jobs. There is a name on an agency on that invoice (they self generate them) why not call the branch in Tamworth and ask what they are paying on class 1 nights. I know they are still struggling to get drivers so they will offer you that contract straight away.

That isn’t the highest rate I’ve got for one night with them. It’s simply the only one I have on my phone.

it must be true if you say to…270 clear for a 13 hour shift with your snowflake conditions pandered to…i think thats actually more than conor gets per shift.must be great to be great.no wonder the agencies are queuing up to be honoured by your working practices.

dieseldog999:
it must be true if you say to…270 clear for a 13 hour shift with your snowflake conditions pandered to…i think thats actually more than conor gets per shift.must be great to be great.no wonder the agencies are queuing up to be honoured by your working practices.

Yeh they are desperate for drivers with no experience that damage customers goods or the lorry or what ever it was last time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

dieseldog999:

Yeh they are desperate for drivers with no experience that damage customers goods or the lorry or what ever it was last time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You know basically nothing about me other than what I’ve posted - yet you take the time to come up with something as petty and negative as that. You sad little man.

As this is the newbie forum - guys the sort of jobs I’ve posted are available to you. Feel free to PM me and I’ll pass on details about them. You don’t need to work for slum bosses like ‘Punchy Dan’ who will have you sleeping in a freezing old truck for £9/hour - and £25 a night if you are lucky.

sammym:

Punchy Dan:

dieseldog999:

You know basically nothing about me other than what I’ve posted - yet you take the time to come up with something as petty and negative as that. You sad little man.

As this is the newbie forum - guys the sort of jobs I’ve posted are available to you. Feel free to PM me and I’ll pass on details about them. You don’t need to work for slum bosses like ‘Punchy Dan’ who will have you sleeping in a freezing old truck for £9/hour - and £25 a night if you are lucky.

Very true ,I know nothing other than what you have posted which to me looks like you are in the wrong job as a driver and to be a complete tool , also even my sprinter driver has a night heater for use when he feels he needs it ,gets £10 per hour and yes £25 per night out and hotel and breakfast paid for , and a company credit card of which I trust him with ,now I’d say my man is on a good screw ,does any one agree with me ? Edit gets sets of work clothes too .

pardon me for appearing biased but yes,id have to agree with you… :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

sammym:

Punchy Dan:

dieseldog999:

Very true ,I know nothing other than what you have posted which to me looks like you are in the wrong job as a driver and to be a complete tool , also even my sprinter driver has a night heater for use when he feels he needs it ,gets £10 per hour and yes £25 per night out and hotel and breakfast paid for , and a company credit card of which I trust him with ,now I’d say my man is on a good screw ,does any one agree with me ? Edit gets sets of work clothes too .

But your opinion doesn’t matter. You wouldn’t employ me and I wouldn’t work for you. Your feelings on if someone is suited to driving is totally irrelevant.

What does matter is that the people who do employ me don’t feel like that. And they pay me twice as much as you pay your man. So their opinion does matter. When you are paying over what I get paid - and I want a job with you then your opinion would have some weight.

If you think your man is doing well - it’s no wonder you can’t believe that I’m doing twice as well as him and have next to no experience.

I haven’t said I don’t belive you :wink:

well no matter who believes who,then the consensus of opinion would appear to be that nobody believes the other nugget whos trying to fill ukdrtrampdamons shoes . :smiley:

wonder if he will come back on to have the last word constantly like trampyboy?

Punchy Dan:

sammym:

Punchy Dan:

dieseldog999:

You any jobs going?!

sammym:

dieseldog999:
i take it your 250-300 per day is pesetas? or does your day last for 90 hours?
you deffo have to be taking the same medication as conor or the recently vanished uktrampdrdamn brigade…total and complete fantasy trolling pish there bud…dream on

Below is an invoice which was generated by the agency for one single shift. As you can see it was just over 13 hours so not quite 90.

l

A single shift, why does it say Fri and Sun night on it then?

pete smith:

sammym:

dieseldog999:
you deffo have to be taking the same medication as conor or the recently vanished uktrampdrdamn brigade…total and complete fantasy trolling pish there bud…dream on

Below is an invoice which was generated by the agency for one single shift. As you can see it was just over 13 hours so not quite 90.

l

Because the rate for Friday and Sunday night is that amount. Mon-Thursday is a different amount. Day are different again etc. Its a way of breaking down wages in pay groups.

sammym:

pete smith:

sammym:

dieseldog999:

l

Because the rate for Friday and Sunday night is that amount. Mon-Thursday is a different amount. Day are different again etc. Its a way of breaking down wages in pay groups.

Cheer’s for the reply,

Donbar:
I’m a day driver that’s ended up doing a night out. I’m without any night gear at all. I have to run in tomorrow with my trailer but then have a full days worth of work to do.

I need to go home to restock my daily food and drink supplies, perhaps have a shower but most importantly for medication that I will have missed.

My question is: how does this work with the tacho and my rest/breaks? I know you’re not supposed to take the card out until you finish so should I head home and leave the card in the truck? I’m also concerned how this will effect my shift length as I can see it easily becoming another ‘unplanned’ night out tomorrow night as well.

Just in case anyone has forgotten what this topic was originally about. :unamused: :unamused:

if you want to discuss payslips, hourly rates or anything else, start a new thread, in the appropriate board. Thankyou.

Fair play to Sammy for £20 weekend night shift.

I pulled £235 Paye for a dayshift the other week and have been offered slightly more for ltd elsewhere but didn’t fancy the job or being Ltd.

Struggle to get rates anything like that Monday-Friday though

Sorry to add to the hijack, I have been away and only just seen this thread. Sammy is getting a lot of stick, and I felt I had to add my two pennyworth. The job that Sammy is talking about does in fact exist and the rates are correct. For Ltd. I rang them on Friday, the rates on paye are a little less but nonetheless very good. Thank you for the tip Sammy, you’re a good un!

ADR are advertising £20.50 Ltd Sunday night rate on the DHL east mids airport job.

I’m kind of torn on this.

On one hand I’m in roughly the same area as Sammy so I know the money can be earned.

On the other hand it’s a little bit of willy waving and none of the last dozen posts really answers or aids the OPs question.

But I’ve got popcorn out so carry on :laughing:

Donbar:
I’m a day driver that’s ended up doing a night out. I’m without any night gear at all. I have to run in tomorrow with my trailer but then have a full days worth of work to do.

I need to go home to restock my daily food and drink supplies, perhaps have a shower but most importantly for medication that I will have missed.

My question is: how does this work with the tacho and my rest/breaks? I know you’re not supposed to take the card out until you finish so should I head home and leave the card in the truck? I’m also concerned how this will effect my shift length as I can see it easily becoming another ‘unplanned’ night out tomorrow night as well.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I’d reply maybe to help others.
If was in your situation of leaving the truck to go home during the shift, I’d take your card out and do a manual entry when I get back, I’d also do a printout to give to the office in case you get a right bunch of jobsworths doing you analysis and to cover yourself if stopped by DVSA, although I doubt they’d really care that much, but might ask the question.
My tacho has a lot of manual entries, as I’m often working away from the truck, never been a problem with the authorities, even the Spanish, because of it.

Even on Day work I used to carry enough to do an unplanned night out, although I was also in sleeper cabs, things happen, motorways and major routes get closed and you can get trapped in there, bad weather and accidents don’t care that you are only a day driver or you only have a day cab, they might turn round the cars, but not always possible with the trucks. Although unlikely for many drivers, I’ve been stuck for hours at a port because bad weather buggered up the sailing timetables.
So a sleeping bag, flask of water, bit of a brew kit, a few snacks and even some dehydrated food and some wash kit and extra medication if required can make things a bit more comfortable, although not as a comfortable as somebody on regular nights out, this is more important with winter on its way and not much different to the travel advice all drivers are given for winter.
Of course if the night out is due to bad planning on the part of the company, too many drops, then as far as I’m concerned you should have a hotel paid for by them, especially if you’ve got a daycab.

Not sure what the situation was that got you nighted out, but when I’ve been on day work and its become obvious that I wouldn’t get the work done in the shift, I’ve called the office straight away and told them and they’ve had to make plans, believe me having worked in a transport office it happens all the time, I came to the conclusion as soon as you put a truck on the road all plans go out of the window.

The last time it happened to me it was due to snow holding up the loading for 3 to 4 hours as they cleared the area so the forklifts could work.

toonsy:
I’m kind of torn on this.

On one hand I’m in roughly the same area as Sammy so I know the money can be earned.

On the other hand it’s a little bit of willy waving and none of the last dozen posts really answers or aids the OPs question.

But I’ve got popcorn out so carry on :laughing:

I think for a weekend night shift, its quite possible, I used to get something very close many years ago for those shifts, but I would say it’s agency work, so not guaranteed hours, as it’s an invoice not a pay packet, I assume Sammy is either Self Employed or Ltd, so you have to take out the holiday pay you’d get for PAYE and also 1 shift a week at this rate isn’t going to pay the bills, unless you live a very fugal life and you won’t make that on a normal week day shift.