God I’m bored!

OilyNutz:

jbaz73:
I may complain about going to work In the week, but god I get bored at the weekends!!!

Mrs jbaz is turning the house upside down cleaning it, so I’m watching a bit of Netflix… it’s all crap!

Makes me wonder about how I’m going to cope with retirement? Maybe I’ll stay on doing a couple of days a week?

What are you all doing?

I’m semi retired now, I pass my time by talking to older than me lonely folk in (retirement homes) who have longer boring days, thats usually 24/7 without seeing anyone.
They look forward to my visits, and we chat about allsorts, anything from remember when?, and see how much that costs now, etc. Loneliness is just as much a killer as heart disease in old folk, just slower!
Sometimes its just not all about yourself, but a friendly smile sure makes one feel good.
Works for me, give it a try, what can you lose but a few minutes of your precious time to give to someone that appreciates it. :slight_smile:

I visited an old chap up the road for several years , two or three evenings a week . When I stepped through the door his first words were always " thank god you’ve come I’m fed up with talking to myself " . It wasn’t all one way , he was a fascinating conversationist , we could talk for hours about anything and everything . he passed away at 96 , but I still miss our evenings .

Fitted a bike rack to the motorhome for the electric bikes so making it easier to get to the pub/bar when parked up on site, Sandringham has few pubs and none in bloody walking distance!

Shouldnt you have gone out nicking cars and vandalising parks? That’s what the yoof of today do because they’re bored.

jbaz73:
I may complain about going to work In the week, but god I get bored at the weekends!!!

Mrs jbaz is turning the house upside down cleaning it, so I’m watching a bit of Netflix… it’s all crap!

Makes me wonder about how I’m going to cope with retirement? Maybe I’ll stay on doing a couple of days a week?

What are you all doing?

You could always get off your backside and give your wife some help , takes two to tango fella .

I spent the day at Ffos Las seeing how wet I could get as it threw it down all day.

Take up the guitar.Always some new chord progressions to be mastered,good online tuition.It’s a myth that you need to be ‘musically gifted’.It’s rewarding to master the guitar,imagine knocking out-Stairway To Heaven one day or Layla? :sunglasses:

Can never understand fellas who say they are board at weekends or when they retire,
I spend time with my kids I go to the gym or it on my motorcycle,out for a meal a couple of drinks,the football or rugby,meet up in town with mates for a coffee or pint…
Tinker with my old vw…
Iv got more hobbies than most but I’m still over 20 years from retirement but when I do retire I certainly won’t be board and weekends go far too quick…

blue estate:
Get yer self an old motor to work on or a young blonde :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

couldn’t agree more.i’ve got a couple of old bangers,and there is always something to do to keep them going.

still looking for a young blonde tho :laughing:

manalishi:
Take up the guitar.Always some new chord progressions to be mastered,good online tuition.It’s a myth that you need to be ‘musically gifted’.It’s rewarding to master the guitar,imagine knocking out-Stairway To Heaven one day or Layla? :sunglasses:

You can then swap boredom for frustration :smiley: :smiley:

jbaz73:

What are you all doing?

You must be the only bloke around with the most perfect home that has nothing that needs to be done inside or out.
Wished I had been that lucky,I used to spend more time at weekends doing the things I never had time to do whilst working during the week
Retired 7 years ago,don`t know how I found time to go to work,or even if I had to these days,so much to do places to see.

yorkshire terrier:
Can never understand fellas who say they are board at weekends or when they retire,

Absolutely mate, could not agree more.
If I could afford it I would jack all this driving crap tomorrow, and do all the things I like doing and then some, spending time with my lovely Mrs, family and mates.
There is more to life than driving a ■■■■ truck all day. :unamused: …I learned that a lonnnnnng time ago. :bulb:

OP needs a hobby or a project to get his teeth into. Maybe even volunteer to do something?

I’ve never known any of my parents & grandparents complain about being bored in retirement. All of them knocked it on the head at 65 and never looked back, without particularly great pensions either I must add.

When you have time, you can do anything.

Retirement is something that should be planned for. I have known so many people who retired and died soon after , mainly because they had been wrapped up in work. When that was taken away they had nothing.

For the last five years I have volunteered one or two days a week for the Citizens Advice Bureau. Have met and worked with other people (some retired, some employed by the Bureau) from all walks of life and always something interesting going on.

Tyneside

tyneside:
For the last five years I have volunteered one or two days a week for the Citizens Advice Bureau. Have met and worked with other people (some retired, some employed by the Bureau) from all walks of life and always something interesting going on.

Tyneside

That’s been dropped from the name, I know that cos it was a question on The Chase today … :slight_smile:

dave docwra:

manalishi:

You can then swap boredom for frustration :smiley: :smiley:

more than a grain of truth in that :wink:

raymundo:

tyneside:

Tyneside

That’s been dropped from the name, I know that cos it was a question on The Chase today … :slight_smile:

Bet you enjoyed that one :blush:

To put the record straight I volunteer at Citizens Advice County Durham or CACD.org which is a locally run charity with its hq at Pity Me. There are also seven part time satellite offices dotted around the county.

Citizens Advice is the national umbrella organisation.

Internally we still refer to,it as “ the bureau”

I once had to drive a mini bus down to Pity Me, its at Durham. I picked up in Perth and took the pax to Durham where they played Monopoly then back to Perth. A long day for me. Raymundo does claim to be a nit picker , so well done on the C.A.B.

tyneside:

raymundo:

tyneside:

Tyneside

Bet you enjoyed that one :blush:

To put the record straight I volunteer at Citizens Advice County Durham or CACD.org which is a locally run charity with its hq at Pity Me. There are also seven part time satellite offices dotted around the county.

Citizens Advice is the national umbrella organisation.

Internally we still refer to,it as “ the bureau”

That´s interesting :slight_smile:
What´s your speciality? I´m guess you have a focus on something?
CAB helped out BIGtime back in the 80s. Can´t even get to have an appointment nowadays though. Rooms full of whinging ■■■■■■■■ wanting benefits.

Hi Steviespain

When I first started I tried general advising at one of the offices but found it wasn’t really my thing. I was then asked to do some admin / general support for two full time debt workers which was a real eye opener.
Due to a reorganisation that role disappeared and for the last two years or so I have been doing general admin in the finance office at county HQ.
Due to the recent change in Data Protection regs all the HR records had to be digitised and I was handed the task. Still busy with that one!!

Tyneside