Go Sick Monday.

According to the Daily Express this is going to be the worst winter in the last million years…

UKtramp:
I have my driving assessment at Stobart on Tuesday so hopefully that will have blown over by then, Goole bridge is horrendous in the wind.

One of the forecast sites I use is giving it 24 to 40 mph and from the SSW on Tuesday so could get a bit lairy there …

the nodding donkey:
The Nodding Donkey is off on Monday, but thanks anyway.

Robroy is also off on said day. :smiley:

I remember coming over Thelwall that other day in 87 with an empty single axle foam carrier boxvan trailer :open_mouth: , almost at right angles nearly to my ERF unit :smiling_imp: …what a hero eh ?. :sunglasses:

No …what a ■■■■ idiot, young owner driver trying to be clever, not listening to advice from the older and wiser, thinking he knew it all, …but nearly cacked myself before I got to other side. :unamused: :smiley:

IronEddie:
Oh good. I start my cat C practical training on Monday. [emoji23] [emoji33]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Best of luck on the day mate [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiabman:

IronEddie:

Best of luck on the day mate [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ta

UKtramp:
I know, I just can’t help myself. I didn’t really mean it.

I suspect that 99.9 % of the forum have probably worked this out for themselves…nice to see the admission though.

UKtramp:
I have my driving assessment at Stobart on Tuesday so hopefully that will have blown over by then, Goole bridge is horrendous in the wind.

If it gets too blowy, wedge it under a bridge you’ll blend in with most of their other drivers and be accepted straight away. :smiley:

DadsRetired:

UKtramp:

If it gets too blowy, wedge it under a bridge you’ll blend in with most of their other drivers and be accepted straight away. :smiley:

The M62 Goole Bridge is usually closed as soon as it gets windy, which makes the Boothferry bridge a real pain as it can’t take the traffic.

nhc.noaa.gov/

nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphic … 4#contents

robroy:
I remember coming over Thelwall that other day in 87 with an empty single axle foam carrier boxvan trailer :open_mouth: , almost at right angles nearly to my ERF unit :smiling_imp: …what a hero eh ?. :sunglasses:

I was marooned in a Dairy where I had collected dried milk. There for three days while 133 trees were removed from the only road in and out.
The kind farmer parked me up under three enormous Oak trees where I eyed the ■■■■ things warily for most of the time!

IronEddie:

It’ll be a breeze.

Shouldn’t be any weather issues in the Midlands and you’re in good hands.

Best of luck with your course.

Crossroads:

IronEddie:

It’ll be a breeze.

Shouldn’t be any weather issues in the Midlands and you’re in good hands.

Best of luck with your course.

A breeze! Was that intentional haha. Thanks though. I’m not worried. Would be if I was training in Northern Ireland.

robroy:

the nodding donkey:
The Nodding Donkey is off on Monday, but thanks anyway.

Robroy is also off on said day. :smiley:

No …what a [zb] idiot, young owner driver trying to be clever, not listening to advice from the older and wiser, thinking he knew it all, …but nearly cacked myself before I got to other side. :unamused: :smiley:

Looks like there are plenty on here who think it aint going to be that bad and take risks

I work on the tried and trusted ‘Ringpiece Scale’ for wind measurements, bit like the Beaufort scale but more relevant to truckers…

0-20mph winds… No ringpiece action all is good.

20mph-40mph… Occasional twitch caused by stronger gusts but in general fine to proceed.

40mph-60mph… Pretty much fully puckered up, proceed with extreme caution, wind speeds unsuitable for lite high sided trailers. Expect blow overs.

60mph-80mph… Full rabbits nose, in true 1p to dustbin lid fashion your rusty sherrifs badge will be getting the workout of its life. Unsuitable for all high sided vehicles.

80mph-100mph… Now we are talking, anticipate ■■■, lots and lots of ■■■.

100mph + … Heroes and steel ringpieces only. Park up and run away.

Not scientific just my own yard stick.

For newbies, when you hear on the radio “unsuitable for high sided vehicles” and wonder if your in a high sided vehicle the official test is:
'If you jump off your vehicles roof and could hurt yourself then chances are you are in a high sided vehicle."

To this day no other definition of a high sided vehicle excists.

Dipper_Dave:
I work on the tried and trusted ‘Ringpiece Scale’ for wind measurements, bit like the Beaufort scale but more relevant to truckers…

0-20mph winds… No ringpiece action all is good.

20mph-40mph… Occasional twitch caused by stronger gusts but in general fine to proceed.

40mph-60mph… Pretty much fully puckered up, proceed with extreme caution, wind speeds unsuitable for lite high sided trailers. Expect blow overs.

60mph-80mph… Full rabbits nose, in true 1p to dustbin lid fashion your rusty sherrifs badge will be getting the workout of its life. Unsuitable for all high sided vehicles.

80mph-100mph… Now we are talking, anticipate ■■■, lots and lots of ■■■.

100mph + … Heroes and steel ringpieces only. Park up and run away.

Not scientific just my own yard stick.

For newbies, when you hear on the radio “unsuitable for high sided vehicles” and wonder if your in a high sided vehicle the official test is:
'If you jump off your vehicles roof and could hurt yourself then chances are you are in a high sided vehicle."

To this day no other definition of a high sided vehicle excists.

Two of mine were on their way to Bilbao, currently sheltering in a French port :laughing:

albion:
Two of mine were on their way to Bilbao, currently sheltering in a French port :laughing:

They certainly are !!

brittany-ferries.hauwell-studios.com/
zoom right in and you will see that they are well inside a sheltered bay, lovely scenery there

And if anybody else needs to know, the Roscoffe/Plymouth/Roscoffe and the Poole/Cherbourg/Poole services have been cancelled for today

pierrot 14:

albion:

They certainly are !!

brittany-ferries.hauwell-studios.com/
zoom right in and you will see that they are well inside a sheltered bay, lovely scenery there

And if anybody else needs to know, the Roscoffe/Plymouth/Roscoffe and the Poole/Cherbourg/Poole services have been cancelled for today

Merci. Everyday a holiday for my drivers :wink:

has anyone else noticed the roads have been a bit quieter today ? or has it only been in west ■■■■■■■ ?

Quick question. Is it worth keeping the lift axle down in strong winds, even though I’m empty?