STORM ALERT

Just had me mum on the phone she’s worrying about me being out their on Monday bless her. We will just have to wait and see but gotta admit not looking forward to it . :cry: :cry:

Lol my mum rang me this morning she said are you at work I said no weekend off. Oh well I rang just incase you were going up the yard to clean the truck or something it’s not worth it i wouldn’t bother there’s gonna be a storm Monday. Thanks mum :slight_smile:. No take it easy drive careful just a don’t waste your time cleaning the truck gotta love em.

michael fish just tweeted “nothing to worry about it’s all being over exaggerated”

Knowing my luck I’ll have to take a decker over the Severn Bridge then… :frowning:

I guess it will be operation stack for all the ports affected, and lots of accidents on the roads, trees falling and bins blown in the streets.
The Perfect Storm, George Clooney.!!

DAF95XF:
Knowing my luck I’ll have to take a decker over the Severn Bridge then… :frowning:

No, it’ll be take a decker the long way round, no tags remember :wink: :laughing:

chester:
michael fish just tweeted “nothing to worry about it’s all being over exaggerated”

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Got to go to Cardiff on sunday night/ monday morning. Guessing the Severn Bridge will be shut

selby newcomer:

DAF95XF:

No, it’ll be take a decker the long way round, no tags remember :wink: :laughing:

We have tags :wink:

there’s going to be a few blown over,that’s for sure :frowning: luckily,i’ve got a few days off :slight_smile:

I’m off to Thetford with a 14’2" trailer so should miss most of it.

This is a classic example of just how powerful our media is.

This storm, St Jude they call it, doesn’t actually exist yet !

That’s right, there is no ‘storm’ currently headed this way. It exists only in the computer forecast model of the meteorologists.

Do you understand? It currently exists only as a prediction.

Yet little old ladies are phoning their sons to check whether they are wearing clean underwear, before they themselves crawl under the bed for the weekend.

Storm in a tea cup then !

Will pack some spare pants just incase

Im on tomorrow nights Portsmouth to caen ferry… been and bought my sickness tablets.

Chas:
This is a classic example of just how powerful our media is.

This storm, St Jude they call it, doesn’t actually exist yet !

That’s right, there is no ‘storm’ currently headed this way. It exists only in the computer forecast model of the meteorologists.

Do you understand? It currently exists only as a prediction.

Yet little old ladies are phoning their sons to check whether they are wearing clean underwear, before they themselves crawl under the bed for the weekend.

When I heard the express had predicted this I obviously ignored it, but now the BBC is predicting it I reckon it’s a bit more likely to happen as they like to research things before airing sensationalist stories :slight_smile:

People have been panic buying this weekend. I tried 3 supermarkets yesterday, couldn’t park in the first two and had to wait 10 minutes to park at the third. People were stocking up as if preparing for a nuclear winter. Made me sick as I only went in to buy some beers and a pie!

Wouldn’t surprise me if the big supermarkets throw a bung for the papers to scaremonger people in to panic buying from time to time.

Im driving from Bellshill to Runcorn tomorrow night…may be an interesting night :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth:

I’ve a strange sense of foreboding about this forecast.
I’m down to Witham for half six Monday a.m…followed by Thurrock.
If, when I leave the yard at 4 it feels unsafe, I’ll be ringing the gaffer.
My curtain sided wagon and drag is fully loaded…the load is about 2 tonnes max.
It’s bobbins when there’s really high winds.
Hopefully we’ll all be alreet.

think I’m gonna be taking several pairs me clean pants with me Monday . . . . :unamused:

I’ll be one the night run, Newhouse,Wigan, Newhouse will a decker. Think I’ll be ratcheting myself to the seat when coming over Shap.

Ched:

chester:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Got to go to Cardiff on sunday night/ monday morning. Guessing the Severn Bridge will be shut

Only the old one.