G I T

I am in the middle of buying a Tractor unit , :smiley: all the companies I have contacted about traction work are all looking for GIT cover which I new they would, my question is to what value of GIT cover would be the norm, :confused: as I have been offered work from a few companys and would have thought they would have different levels :question: Any advise would be very helpful :laughing:

Robert:
I am in the middle of buying a Tractor unit , :smiley: all the companies I have contacted about traction work are all looking for GIT cover which I new they would, my question is to what value of GIT cover would be the norm, :confused: as I have been offered work from a few companys and would have thought they would have different levels :question: Any advise would be very helpful :laughing:

Ok my “goods” are a bit unusual :wink: but I have £20K G.I.T on each vehicle -
If you are a RHA or FTA member and you can agree with the companies you work for to use RHA/FTA Conditions of carriage then your liability is limited.
( about £1300/tonne )

and before I forget, Welcome to TruckNet Robert :wink:

Hi Robert. Welcome aboard :slight_smile:
Most firms usually specify what level of insurance cover they need, some may require CMR cover as well as RHA 1998.
CMR covers imported international consignments and puts a greater value on the goods as opposed to RHA, and is therefore more expensive.

Thanks guys I was on with a couple of companies the standard RHA cover is about 1600per Ton.
Thanks for the welcome :wink: