GIT insurance

hi all

can anyone tell me a ROUGH price on git insurance

any pointers would be appreciated

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

sun alliance were always the big players in this field.
that was when i had my own a long time ago.
could be different now.
google them and see.

I would guess at around £500 for RHA98. Would be alot more if you have claims history or needs extra cover such as frozen food.

Carl

really depends on what sort of cover you need. £1300 a ton rha terms is the bare minimum. it definately pays to shop about although there are some good introductory offers on the go at the moment. get on the phone and see what you can find i can recommend davis corporate as a broker they have always given me value for money and prompt service.

I paid £550 last year…cover was RHA £1300 per ton then an extra clause of £5000 per ton for chilled/frozen goods (which is what i carry) this is with Freightrisk (via AXA) and the broker was Davis Group at Newmarket

At Maritime you need RHA98 PLUS £5K/Tonne. AXA wouldn’t touch it with a s y stick, however, Anthony Jones Ins. offer a ‘piggyback’ ploicy intertwined with Maritime’s own policy, this costs £560 but you have to notofy them if you do other work and the Maritime/other work ratio must be less than 80/20.
Had this 3 years now and never had any bother, but you m,ust notify when skiing ‘off piste’ as they won’t honour a claim if you’re not playing fair.

try teeside in middlesbrough. they do our git and cmr cheaper than anyone else we tried.