Fuel Price Week begin --/--

Jas-G:
So are prices that much cheaper as soon as you sign up with a card company or it that built up over a period of time ?

Over time mate, you can`t start bullying them from day one, its takes time to gain an advantage over them :laughing:

You need to get as many cards as you can, and start playing them off against each other, you need to stay squeaky clean payment wise, NEVER miss a payment, never wobble with themā€¦

Be prepared to bluff, and be prepared to bite the bullet and go with a card charging more for the week, or with a crap repayment termā€¦stick to your ā€œplanā€, and try and get a working relationship with your ā€œaccount managerā€ :wink:

Another quick question, is it a month fee you pay for having a account with them ?

Jas-G:
Another quick question, is it a month fee you pay for having a account with them ?

No, I wont even pay for the cards, its a ā€œwho blinks firstā€ scenario with these people, it`s difficult to be stroppy if you are just starting up, you just need to build a relationshipā€¦ :wink:

whoā€™s on Pay As You Go fuel cards, whatā€™s the difference ?

Jas-G:
whoā€™s on Pay As You Go fuel cards, whatā€™s the difference ?

Anybody on diesel advance, part of key fuels i believe. who else does pay as you go.

Is it just me or have uk fuels increased their prices 90.90 this week

divemaster:
Is it just me or have uk fuels increased their prices 90.90 this week

Yes, they are taking a few liberties at the moment, their best price to me this week is 91.45, up from last week`s 91.33 :imp:

Incomprehensible business waffle was their response to my query as to why it was edging up, when there is a glut in the market :unamused:

The last two weeks have slowed down work wise, so we are using less fuel, and a couple of drivers are using a rival card with a poorer credit period, so I`m hoping that this double whammy attack on their volumes might be enough to wake them up :open_mouth:

I`m not holding my breath though, as my new account manager isnā€™t half as ā€œbusiness mindedā€ as the previous one :blush:

Same here stan my account manager changed 2 weeks ago and its gone up the last fella sean was great but they said hes left the company thats my 3rd manager this year

divemaster:
Same here stan my account manager changed 2 weeks ago and its gone up the last fella sean was great but they said hes left the company thats my 3rd manager this year

Sean Convery ?..he was mine as well, top lad and on the ball, a phone call @ 09.00 every Monday without fail even without a whinging email from me over the weekend :blush:

Now ?, Im lucky to get a response by Wednesday, by that time Ive either forgot or given up :unamused:

BWOC are quite aggressive at the moment, but their credit terms are crap for the volume we shift, I`ll use them for one truck or two for a bit, just to prod the nest @ Crewe :imp:

Yes thats him stan and jason plumb was ok aswell he was mine before sean

Stanley Mitchell:

divemaster:

Sean Convery ?..he was mine as well, top lad and on the ball, a phone call @ 09.00 every Monday without fail even without a whinging email from me over the weekend :blush:

Now ?, Im lucky to get a response by Wednesday, by that time Ive either forgot or given up :unamused:

BWOC are quite aggressive at the moment, but their credit terms are crap for the volume we shift, I`ll use them for one truck or two for a bit, just to prod the nest @ Crewe :imp:

Weā€™ve only had one call since Sean left, that was about two weeks after he went/or was moved, prices have gone up again this week.

Uk fuels 91.59 after a phone call

divemaster:
Uk fuels 91.59 after a phone call

91.15 after a fair bit of rolling about in the mudā€¦ :unamused:

Sainsburys penzance 109.9 inc v ,fill her up please :laughing: :sunglasses:

Last couple of wks Iā€™m not using my UK fuels card, crazy high prices with the vat is Ā£1.19.6 yet this wk alone Iā€™ve got Ā£1.10.9 & Ā£1.11.5 at just regular pumps, ok if you are stuffed itā€™s lot better than the Ā£1.34.9 I spotted at services yesterday but why is it so un-competitive at present?

Next weeks price from The Fuelcard Company - Keyfuels 100.84

Uk fuels 95.70

divemaster:
Uk fuels 95.70

Ive got them @ 96.01 this week, Im just waiting on a response, as they arenā€™t the cheapest again :blush:

Lets see if we can thread revive and get people savingā€¦

This week for me:

UK Fuels

UK Fuels Card: 0.9639
BP Bunker Card: 0.9739

Fuel Card Services

DieselDirect: 0.9730

Phone calls to be made on Monday I think.

UK Fuels ; 95.67

BWOC ; 96.28

These are my best two for next week, they are both down on last week, but not by much :unamused: