Fuel cards (again!)

Fuelmate want a ludicrous 102.05ppl+vat out of me next week for fuel, which is 119.9 including VAT which given that there’s a Shell garage in Liverpool that I often pass with a pump price of 116.9 is just a joke. Plus of course I can get reward points and air miles on my credit card if I go there.

So yesterday I got spam in the post from “Diesel Card Solutions” in Ipswich, claming their “estimated” price for next week is 97.25ppl, almost 5ppl cheaper than Fuelmate. I’m assuming that low price is just a lie to get you to apply but either way has anyone any experience of them?

Their website is dieselcardsolutions.com/

TIA,
Paul

BWOC £98.64ppl Forecourt Fuels £98.70ppl Shell £101.35ppl all plus the VAT, thems the prices I have for next week repton.

Its like you say though mate may be better using a debit/credit card & reap the benefits that way.

I have’nt seen you about yet on the 62 but I’ll keep my eyes open.

Fly sheet

I use the fuel card company till a few weeks ago they are quoting 107.89 this week 109.28 last week. They tell me its Keyfuels pricing but everyone I speak to has a price of around a £1.00 a litre. They talked me into a pump price purchase card. Im at a los to know what is going on. any Ideas what their at. Shell seem to be competitive on their pump prices but I dont need to be permantly swapping fuel cards.

FFS - use total - their fuel is the cheapest in the UK on their fuel cards everyone is using it - next to them is purple star
cheers
Steve

gm:
FFS - use total - their fuel is the cheapest in the UK on their fuel cards everyone is using it - next to them is purple star
cheers
Steve

Go on then gm how much a litre is it then? Trying to think where I’ve seen a Total garage lately. Oh yeah on The Lancs at Haydock. Never heard of Purple Star though Chap■■?

Fly sheet

Total were at 95ppl last week and purple star at 95.4 ppl
edit looked at a receipt - purple are part of Morgan fuels
get a few and use them one a week then stop using them - they’ll call you with a reduced price
tell them you are getting it cheaper and then they’ll drop it by a few more pence too
cheers
Steve

Do you get your Total card direct from Total or via someone else?

Paul

gm:
Total were at 95ppl last week and purple star at 95.4 ppl
edit looked at a receipt - purple are part of Morgan fuels
get a few and use them one a week then stop using them - they’ll call you with a reduced price
tell them you are getting it cheaper and then they’ll drop it by a few more pence too
cheers
Steve

Nice tip Steve thanks for that,

Fly sheet

Fuel cards are done through the company - i just use them but they text me on a monday the prices so we can make an informed decision about where to fuel up to save money lol
total come out top most weeks - last week was so close it didn’t matter -
cards are for a 17 tractor unit fleet so may not be ok for owner drivers but i have to say loads of big operators use total
big garages at m6 j16 huntingdon , a14-a140 junction and coalville
loads of others inc clackett lane east and west

cheers
Steve

Mates got a Total card, its accepted it at BP and Shell garages too.
total.co.uk/UK/ukcorporate.n … enDocument

Big Joe:
Mates got a Total card, its accepted it at BP and Shell garages too.
total.co.uk/UK/ukcorporate.n … enDocument

BE CAREFUL - IF YOU USE IT AT ANY OTHER GARAGES - YOU PAY PUMP PRICES !!!

cheers
Steve

repton:
So yesterday I got spam in the post from “Diesel Card Solutions” in Ipswich, claming their “estimated” price for next week is 97.25ppl, almost 5ppl cheaper than Fuelmate. I’m assuming that low price is just a lie to get you to apply but either way has anyone any experience of them?

Their website is dieselcardsolutions.com/

TIA,
Paul

One of the lads in the office there is my Oppo’s son in law !

He gave me the same line, so I’ve got some cards on the way too.
They’ll be put in the same folder as the other half-dozen and if they do increase then the card won’t be used, simple.

:grimacing:

Goaty:
One of the lads in the office there is my Oppo’s son in law !

Excellent, if I apply for one and have any trouble I’ll know who to moan at :wink:

Paul

I’ve just applied for a Total card through Forecourt Fuels, I’ll update this thread when I get a response.

Paul

just to add, i use uk fuels and there price last week was 98.5 and this week is 97.9

I get most of mine on Credit Card now Shell and Jet are very competitive in my area.
I was gutted when my Citibank card was stopped like :cry: