Split from: Fuel Price Week begin --/--

fly sheet:
UK Fuels £98.02ppl Shell £100.05ppl both cards off Forecourt Fuels LTD

Keyfuels £102.48ppl this cards off The Fuelcard Company, I think this price is totally unacceptable & have told them so. Your price however is utterly outrageous IMHO. Tell them to get [zb] is what I suggest you do.

Fly sheet

Hey do you all remember way back in the old days like 6 months ago when it was 16ppl cheaper & our profits were’nt getting eroded?

fly sheet:

fly sheet:
UK Fuels £98.02ppl Shell £100.05ppl both cards off Forecourt Fuels LTD

Keyfuels £102.48ppl this cards off The Fuelcard Company, I think this price is totally unacceptable & have told them so. Your price however is utterly outrageous IMHO. Tell them to get [zb] is what I suggest you do.

Fly sheet

Hey do you all remember way back in the old days like 6 months ago when it was 16ppl cheaper & our profits were’nt getting eroded?

Your profits shouldn’t be getting any more “eroded” now than they were 6 months ago. :confused:

Rob K was eastenders or corry not entertaining enough tonight for you ■■ You have to come on an owner drivers thread and mock the courageous that dont just expect a living to be given to them !!!

Unless your Stobart , Wincanton , ND etc etc you dont get a bulletproof fuel escalator and yes it will eventually eat into the smaller operators profit margin , we are looking at UK record fuel prices here , im sure you for one will be twisting when your Sugar Puffs have gone up in price , so instead of mocking the owner driver why dont you do something about it or maybe just leave your nonsense to a topic that deserves humour :angry:

Bp 120.something , stopped looking after the first bit.
Diesel Point 116.44 .

young trucker:
Rob K was eastenders or corry not entertaining enough tonight for you ■■ You have to come on an owner drivers thread and mock the courageous that dont just expect a living to be given to them !!!

Unless your Stobart , Wincanton , ND etc etc you dont get a bulletproof fuel escalator and yes it will eventually eat into the smaller operators profit margin , we are looking at UK record fuel prices here , im sure you for one will be twisting when your Sugar Puffs have gone up in price , so instead of mocking the owner driver why dont you do something about it or maybe just leave your nonsense to a topic that deserves humour :angry:

Diesel Point 116.44 .

Don’t take your frustrations out on me fella. Only the foolhardy (read: extremely stupid) would not have an escalator built into their rates in these unprecedented times. Any O/D that’s pulling for a company on their terms only has themself to blame. If Stobbard, Winkies and Dressing Table can do it then so can everyone else. No sympathy… :unamused:

Rob K:

young trucker:

Diesel Point 116.44 .

Don’t take your frustrations out on me fella. Only the foolhardy (read: extremely stupid) would not have an escalator built into their rates in these unprecedented times. Any O/D that’s pulling for a company on their terms only has themself to blame. If Stobbard, Winkies and Dressing Table can do it then so can everyone else. No sympathy… :unamused:

You are living in cloud cuckoo land, if you think a small haulier or owner driver can get any type of escalator built into the rates off the big companies.It’s only a matter of time before one of the big players go belly up,in the current financial climate.

Dave the Renegade:

Rob K:

young trucker:

Diesel Point 116.44 .

You are living in cloud cuckoo land, if you think a small haulier or owner driver can get any type of escalator built into the rates off the big companies.It’s only a matter of time before one of the big players go belly up,in the current financial climate.

No Dave. The only people living in cloud cuckoo land are the ODs that are stubbornly continuing to fight a losing battle.

Don’t you have an Astravan to wash or something? :unamused:

b]You are living in cloud cuckoo land[/b], if you think a small haulier or owner driver can get any type of escalator built into the rates off the big companies.It’s only a matter of time before one of the big players go belly up,in the current financial climate.
[/quote]
No Dave. The only people living in cloud cuckoo land are the ODs that are stubbornly continuing to fight a losing battle.
[/quote]
Rob,most of them are trapped by debt and ■■■■■■■ with finance,if they go bust they lose everything,if they chuck it in,their home and just about everything will go.As you know,very few are trading as a limited company,so they are trying to trade on.I agree that everyone should fight back and make a stand for better rates etc,but unfortunately that never happens here.Plenty of barrack room lawyers,but not enough that will stand up and be counted,because they are afraid of losing everything.

Dave the Renegade:
**Rob,most of them are trapped by debt and ■■■■■■■ with finance,if they go bust they lose everything,if they chuck it in,their home and just about everything will go.**As you know,very few are trading as a limited company,so they are trying to trade on.I agree that everyone should fight back and make a stand for better rates etc,but unfortunately that never happens here.Plenty of barrack room lawyers,but not enough that will stand up and be counted,because they are afraid of losing everything.

I know Dave, but there have been enough warnings going back nearly a decade that this [zb] was coming but instead of bailing out in the (comparatively) good times like those with any sense did, they chose to ignore the warnings and carry on regardless. Well now the chickens are coming home to roost and they are not going to have a choice in the matter. :neutral_face:

Thanks for your input Rob, as usual its more I told you so guffawing, I’ve thought long & hard about approaching my clients with thoughts of a fuel duty escalator but then I’d have to pin down all my low mileage jobs with it too, so for me its not really the answer. My profits are’nt really being eroded to the extent that I need you to give me a job just yet thankfully but if it does which way would you like me to hitch hike to pick up your next second hand astra? :smiley:

fly sheet:
Thanks for your input Rob, as usual its more I told you so guffawing, I’ve thought long & hard about approaching my clients with thoughts of a fuel duty escalator but then I’d have to pin down all my low mileage jobs with it too, so for me its not really the answer. My profits are’nt really being eroded to the extent that I need you to give me a job just yet thankfully but if it does which way would you like me to hitch hike to pick up your next second hand astra? :smiley:

So if you refuse to pass the costs on, where do you see yourself when diesel is £2/ltr or higher? Just continuing to bury your head in the sand and hope it goes away like all the other ODs?

Rob K:

fly sheet:

So if you refuse to pass the costs on, where do you see yourself when diesel is £2/ltr or higher? Just continuing to bury your head in the sand and hope it goes away like all the other ODs?

Give me a break Rob do you think I’m ■■■■■■■ stupid ? Of course I pass on my costs but I’m not likely to publish what I do on here am I FFS? Any jobs going anyway? :smiley:

fly sheet:

Rob K:

fly sheet:

Give me a break Rob do you think I’m [zb] stupid ? Of course I pass on my costs but I’m not likely to publish what I do on here am I FFS? Any jobs going anyway? :smiley:

I’ll take that as “I haven’t got a [zb] clue, so I’ll continue to bury my head in the sand like all other ODs and hope the problem goes away” :smiling_imp: .

Anyway, make your mind up :

I’ve thought long & hard about approaching my clients with thoughts of a fuel duty escalator but then I’d have to pin down all my low mileage jobs with it too, so for me its not really the answer.

Of course I pass on my costs

:confused: :confused:

Rob K:

I’ve thought long & hard about approaching my clients with thoughts of a fuel duty escalator but then I’d have to pin down all my low mileage jobs with it too, so for me its not really the answer.

There are other ways of passing on your costs than a fuel escalator. If your business involves a lot of ad-hoc jobs for a number of clients then you can simply increase the price when you quote the job each time.

A fuel escalator will obviously work well when you have a contract to do the same run or set of runs for the same client day in day out but it’s not necessarily the best way for everyone.

Paul

repton:

Rob K:

There are other ways of passing on your costs than a fuel escalator. If your business involves a lot of ad-hoc jobs for a number of clients then you can simply increase the price when you quote the job each time.

A fuel escalator will obviously work well when you have a contract to do the same run or set of runs for the same client day in day out but it’s not necessarily the best way for everyone.

Paul

Agreed, but very few ODs will be working solely on adhoc work. Most will be getting their bread and butter from one or two main clients with pre-agreed rates.

Many moons ago when I was owner driving the company that I hauled for had a Fuel Price Escalator operating on their payment system. They derived the ppm and mileage rates but still had the escalator in place. If the mileage was wrong and you asked them too look at it they did and normally did something with the payment for the job if the mileage was wrong.They also paid in 30 days !!
That was SEVEN years ago ! pulled the plug five and a half years ago when it looked to be going down the pan, I take my hat off to any owner driver out there today, but just as the agency and driver rates are being eroded by the cost of fuel and operating costs why oh why do people continue.The rates I was paid back then were more than the £1.20 a mile or so that is out there today and I moaned that fuel at 90 pence plus was expensive
You can knock RobK all you like but when you get in a taxi and the mileage rate is not far behind what some of you guys get for running an artic you have to question your logic in carrying on !.
I have now not driven a truck for 6 months as the money for doing so doesn’t warrant the rubbish you have to take.
I would stand next too Rob and say you guy’s are crazy and probably much more !!!

Many thanks.

Rob your just so right I’m just a sad little OD that knows nothing of the industry I’m in. Maybe you’ll come on board for a Mars a day & be my personal logistics consultant & turn my job around :laughing:

If I was an ex OD would I come on an OD forum & prattle on about this & that? I don’t think I would you know, I’d have more about me. Its like me going on a van sales forum & starting to bleat on about this & that & how everyone should quit flogging bangers as the futures not good. Maybe the moderators should request an O’licence number to come on this section of the forum, that way all the has been & I got out in 75 brigade might take a hike & leave some current road hauliers to discuss things of our concerns that are current.

Anyone want to buy an FH13 & a semi■■?

fly sheet:
Rob your just so right I’m just a sad little OD that knows nothing of the industry I’m in. Maybe you’ll come on board for a Mars a day & be my personal logistics consultant & turn my job around :laughing:

If I was an ex OD would I come on an OD forum & prattle on about this & that? I don’t think I would you know, I’d have more about me. Its like me going on a van sales forum & starting to bleat on about this & that & how everyone should quit flogging bangers as the futures not good. Maybe the moderators should request an O’licence number to come on this section of the forum, that way all the has been & I got out in 75 brigade might take a hike & leave some current road hauliers to discuss things of our concerns that are current.

Anyone want to buy an FH13 & a semi■■?

Bitter much? Or is it the truth hurting? :bulb: The days are counting down. Time to start clearing those debts (if you have any) and get your stuff in CM.

Why would I sell a lorry through the Comical Motor :open_mouth: ?

Just joking about selling Rob.

You not fancying the consultancy role?

Truth is I’m doing OK Chap sorry to disappoint.

Laters Dude I need an early night got a busy few days ahead & thanks for your concern 10 10 Driver…