fuel bill

Wheel Nut:
On another point, all these advertising hoardings painted on old box vans look a bloody mess.

If you put a sign up for a truck stop you need planning permission, yet you can advertise anything from condoms to holidays in a field next to one of the busiest motorways in the country

if it’s got wheels ( and is mobile ) you don’t need planning permission :exclamation: :exclamation:

there’s a lot of money in it if you own a field next to a motorway :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Illegal. You can import fuel in the normal running tanks of the vehicle for use only in that vehicle. Pump it out for use in another vehicle and it is an offence.

theres a couple of trucks in devon with ally tanks across the back of the cab as well as large “normal” tanks - one does europe one doesn’t - can’t think what they’re for :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
On another point, all these advertising hoardings painted on old box vans look a bloody mess.

If you put a sign up for a truck stop you need planning permission, yet you can advertise anything from condoms to holidays in a field next to one of the busiest motorways in the country

Agree Wheel Nut, but they are in a field, owned by a landowner, who in turn is a member of the ‘Huntin, Shooting & Fishin’ club, along with the Chief Constable, the Magistrate and the Judge, the class system and the old boy network are alive and well and living in a location near you. :unamused:

CM:
Agree Wheel Nut, but they are in a field, owned by a landowner, who in turn is a member of the ‘Huntin, Shooting & Fishin’ club, along with the Chief Constable, the Magistrate and the Judge, the class system and the old boy network are alive and well and living in a location near you. :unamused:

Thats the best laugh I’ve had this week end, the Chief Constable, the Magistrate and the Judge mixing with lowly farmers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I don’t think so old boy
Like Dennis said, if its got wheels its classed as vehicle livery, the one on the M6 Sb after J15 by the farm motorway bridge(no win, no fee legal firm) pays 9k per year, worth cluttering a up a field corner for :smiley:

Manwell:

CM:

Thats the best laugh I’ve had this week end, the Chief Constable, the Magistrate and the Judge mixing with lowly farmers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I don’t think so old boy
Like Dennis said, if its got wheels its classed as vehicle livery, the one on the M6 Sb after J15 by the farm motorway bridge(no win, no fee legal firm) pays 9k per year, worth cluttering a up a field corner for :smiley:

But I bet it does not have planning consent and I did not say Farmers, I said landowners, not necessarily the same thing, I’m sure there are a few tennant farmers or small Farmers to which your description of lowly is right, but not many, how many farmers do you see using public transport?

the one on the M6 Sb after J15 by the farm motorway bridge(no win, no fee legal firm) pays 9k per year, worth cluttering a up a field corner for

I feel a claim coming on :stuck_out_tongue:

Dear sir, while driving down the M6 your sign distracted my attention and I was involved in an accident with a vehicle in the inside lane who had stopped to write down your number :stuck_out_tongue:

Kerrching :smiley:

Denis F:
theres a couple of trucks in devon with ally tanks across the back of the cab as well as large “normal” tanks - one does europe one doesn’t - can’t think what they’re for :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

That tank is probably a hydrulic oil tank for tipping gear, ussually fitted to the chassis rails but due to the large fuel tanks it’s been sited behind the cab, quite a normal thing to do.

i would have thought any firm with trucks on uk and euro the euro ones would come back with tanks brimmed and then top up uk ones and then send the euro ones back out with just enough to get to calais to put more in to get them to lux or anywhere else thats cheaper. i also would send trucks out just to refuel just so the goverment didnt get it.

Have the fuel price / help for hauliers / levelling the playing field with Europe etc issues been brought up by any of the general election campaigners yet?

And is it me, or have the FTA / RHA been rather quiet lately? What’s happened to the talk of fuel relief for hauliers?

When I started my business, I was buying at 72p (pump price including Vat). Cheapest I can buy locally is 88.9p. So that’s a 20% increase. As a big chunk is still going to the treasury, my income tax return will be creatively docked accordingly!

And what about the state of the roads - I’m going to way mark those roller coaster bumps on the M25 into my GPS - so if you see a truck moving into lane 2 for no apparent reason, then it will be me! Might have to do the same for the tram lines on the M3!

The party with a manifesto that helps me will get my vote. So it’s pretty likely I won’t be bothering! I know it’s the barrel cost that has resulted in the recent price rise, but it’s still the duty compared to mainland europe that winds me up.

Any haulier that hasn’t increased their rates must be operating at reduced margins, or pretty close to break-even. I’ve never been a big fan of strikes or blockades, but I’m warming to the idea!

spaceman:
Have the fuel price / help for hauliers / levelling the playing field with Europe etc issues been brought up by any of the general election campaigners yet?

!

both Trucking Magazine and Commercial Motor have draft letters in the current issues you can send to election candidates asking about transport policies etc…

Right - I’ll take a look at the library this week (library = MSA magazine rack!)

Can you sample letters on here?

Just to put it in perspective and I have every sympathy with anyone who is paying for their own fuel :cry:

I went out on my motorcycle today, and as usual the tank was nearly empty and the light was flashing.

Normally or should I say at the end of last year when the sun shone, I had to fill it with a tenner, today it cost me £13