Freight Train trainee drivers, Fancy it?

Nice one JaimeP1988 i was considering giving this a go so will be interested to know how you get on

Well done and Good luck with the next stage jamiep1988,
I sent you a pm Jamie

jamiep1988:
Sorry for the thread revival…I’ve made it through to Stage 2. Now I’ve got the train drivers assessment in march.

Lucky you… Congratulations

jamiep1988:
Sorry for the thread revival…I’ve made it through to Stage 2. Now I’ve got the train drivers assessment in march.

Congats!!! Jamie. I have also had the letter. I`ve made it through to stage 2 aswell. See you in Doncaster in March.

They must like HGV drivers. Makes a change. lol

Good Luck!!!

double post

First are recruiting for trainee train drivers in Scotland right now.

uk.firstgroupcareers.com/vacanc … scription/

“For trainee train drivers - during the first year of intensive training the reference salary is £23,960 per annum. As a newly qualified driver the reference salary will be £33,297, after 6 months £35,558 and after 9 months £38,193. On successful completion of all training and probation the reference salary is £42,158 per annum. Benefits include free and reduced rate rail travel, contributory final salary pension scheme and provision of a full uniform.”

Gembo:
Get your application in.
rail.dbschenker.co.uk/career … 62014.html

Old thread revisted!!! Thanks for posting the LINK !!!

BIG thanks to the OP “Gembo” dont know if your still on here.

After only 4 years I start in November 2018 as a trainee junior train driver. There now called DB cargo UK.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done mate,been a driver for nearly 9 years now. The pay is a bit more then back when this was started lol

I applied to be…

A train driver back in 1978 when I’d just left school. I got through the first interview but failed the medical with crap colour vision.

Play me at snooker and you’ll win every time.

What I wouldn’t give to be on 40k for a 35 hour week now…sigh.

Wow! Well done “no longer a trucker” jimbo!!! :laughing:

New ad for Trainee junior train drivers - 2018

https://uk.dbcargo.com/rail-uk-en/ourcompany/careers/current_vacancies-uk

For:

Eastleigh, Hinksey Yard, Acton.

Good Luck!!!

Class2ldn:
Well done mate,been a driver for nearly 9 years now. The pay is a bit more then back when this was started lol

Thanks Mate.

I can`t wait to start. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Has it taken you 4 years to get to actually starting the training??

steelgoon:
Has it taken you 4 years to get to actually starting the training??

I applied for the original job(2014) and passed the train driver tests in 2015. I was placed in a talent pool waiting for a job but in 2016 they got rid of 900 staff. In 2018 they started a new business model and new junior train driver role.

Railway recruitment is very slow :smiley:

Is it a case of leav(ers) on the line. It looks like a great gig if you get it. That is until they get rid of you and employ the next cohort of young trainees.

Congratulations Jimbo, seems like a good gig. I’ve driven a few trains on preserved railways and once applied for a job with Connex as a train driver, my application was accepted but they were inundated with applications (around 1,000 for 20 positions I read in the local paper) and I never heard any more from them. Hope it goes well for you.