Anyone heard of panic transport rugby?

One of the gaffas there has just been on the news claiming he can’t get enough drivers, some bloke from the RHA also on claiming any young guys watching that wants to own their own business can get into truck driving as an owner driver really made it sound easy :laughing: :unamused:
So I looked on their job section and this came up…

HGV 1, 2 (C + E), 7.5 T

Monday to Friday Working

Permanent Positions

Day and Night Shifts Available

Pay rates up to £371.60 (7.5T) to £479.40 (HGV1) for a 45 hour week - includes paid breaks, discretionary company bonus and weekly meal allowance.

Reporting to the Transport Manager, you must be an experienced Driver having at least two years truck driving experience, and have your Driver’s Qualification Card.

You will be responsible for the accurate, timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, complying with relevant legislation in line with drivers’ hours and working time requirements. Additionally, you should have a good geographical knowledge of the local and national road network. You will be reliable, self motivated, with a friendly and professional appearance.

To apply: please email your CV or request an application form to jobs@panictransport.co.uk

Now that seems okay to me at first glance but doesn’t say anything about paid over time. No start times etc, I know it’s quite well paid down there anyway but unless the place has a bad rep or is known there is no o/t and those 45 hours mean 65 then I don’t quite understand why they’re claiming a massive UK shortage when from what I’ve read it isn’t :unamused:

The bloke just said on the news he needs new blood but has a 2 year experience rule, plonk :unamused:

I’m sure they used to be in Pallex but moved to another network a while back. So I’m assuming it’s pallet network stuff.

It sounds reasonable, but not great, money for class 1 until you look at the bit about it including a ‘discretionary’ bonus and meal allowance. Just a simple, easy-to-understand hourly rate is what they should be providing and I would be slightly wary of a company which is not prepared to do so. Of course, they may do if spoken to over the phone.

It also reads like the figures quoted will be for nights, suggesting that days will pay less.

In that part of the world, I’m not surprised that he’s struggling for drivers. Ho hum.

spotted one of their artics in Bicester this week…with a young lady at the wheel

I used to work there. Never had a problem, you get overtime after 45 hrs. They only use Scania and Mercedes. They were part of Pallex when I was there 6 years ago, but had various contracts. One of the best places I ever worked, and there’s been lots! Paid weekly and to be fair, if I’d never met my Mrs in Devon…I’d still be working there. I am still good friends with one of the Directors. Who was on the radio?

carryfast-yeti:
spotted one of their artics in Bicester this week…with a young lady at the wheel

Perv, but i don’t blame ya :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

tango boy:

carryfast-yeti:

:laughing: she had her name-plate in the window…racking my brains trying to remember it :astonished:

carryfast-yeti:

tango boy:

carryfast-yeti:

:laughing: she had her name-plate in the window…racking my brains trying to remember it :astonished:

Think man :laughing: :laughing:

carryfast-yeti:

tango boy:

carryfast-yeti:

50D 0FF P3RV

Evil8Beezle:

carryfast-yeti:

tango boy:

carryfast-yeti:

50D 0FF P3RV

you’ve spotted her as well :laughing:

tango boy:

carryfast-yeti:

tango boy:

carryfast-yeti:

Think man :laughing: :laughing:

fruitloops iirc! :smiley: