Forth road bridge closed - merged

Down here in central Lincolnshire its windy as heck. I’ve got our usual trunk to Sunderland tonight. Not worry so much about going up there as I’ve be max weight, coming back I’ll have only 5 ton on.

I just can’t understand why anyone would risk it :open_mouth:

Unfortunately he’s not the first, nor will he be the last. The M62 at Goole was closed to high siders today, but loads ignored it and carried on regardless :unamused: for the sake of half an hour why take the chance?

merc0447:
Currie European… crap wages so high chance it’s a foreigner. All the high wind warnings/bridge closure to high sides warnings don’t matter a jot if you don’t understand the lingo they are written in.

I don’t gee a [zb] I’m off the day enjoy yourself ■■■■■■■ :laughing:

It doesn’t matter what language you speak, high winds + going over an exposed bridge = almost certain disaster.

merc0447:
Currie European… crap wages so high chance it’s a foreigner. All the high wind warnings/bridge closure to high sides warnings don’t matter a jot if you don’t understand the lingo they are written in.

I don’t gee a [zb] I’m off the day enjoy yourself ■■■■■■■ :laughing:

Wages not as crap now and hardly any poles live in Dumfries so doubt it.

Heard on the old grape vine that is was a british driver but dont know if its just bs or true.Then again does not matter if its closed you should not be on it.

There’s now a crane on the bridge as well as three recovery trucks. Looks like it’s going to be a very expensive job for Currie.
twitter.com/trafficscotland/sta … 8105617410

Currently the Kincardine Bridge is closed to eastbound traffic, only running westbound to help the traffic flow at either end. The Clackmannanshire Bridge is open in both directions.

The bridge to remain closed overnight!!

The driver might need a new pair of pants after that one…

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

Supatramp:

That has not been confirmed.
So far we only know it won’t be open during the evening peak.
It will remain closed until the truck has been removed, then one lane in each direction will be able to open, that will happen once it is safe to do so.

Iv had a double decker on the back for most the day and it’s been a nightmare coupled with this ■■■■■ actros iv had to drive today which throws u about at the best times its safe to say it’s been a rather unpleasant day…

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Glen A9:

Supatramp:

That has not been confirmed.
So far we only know it won’t be open during the evening peak.
It will remain closed until the truck has been removed, then one lane in each direction will be able to open, that will happen once it is safe to do so.

It has now, bridge closed until 06:00 tomorrow morning to allow welding teams to repair the central grille barrier.

FRB Closure Update at 17:30

Made this a sticky while the closure is in force.

Colin_scottish:
Heard on the old grape vine that is was a british driver but dont know if its just bs or true.Then again does not matter if its closed you should not be on it.

Yes from reports from a reliable source he was local to the area and crosses the bridge regularly which makes the whole issue even more appalling.

Uncle Albie:

Colin_scottish:

Yes from reports from a reliable source he was local to the area and crosses the bridge regularly which makes the whole issue even more appalling.

He may have got away with it before but this time he did not.

Colin_scottish:

Uncle Albie:

Colin_scottish:

He may have got away with it before but this time he did not.

I hope the H&S exec (for what use they are) give it a coat of looking at if it turns out he was driving in those conditions under duress

I don’t drive that area, is it a massive ball ache diversion when closed due to high winds?

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Usually when it is breezy it’s only closed to double deckers and trucks.

These are the diversion routes ALL traffic is having to use

Southbound traffic is currently being diverted from the M90 motorway at the Admiralty junction onto the A985 to Kincardine.

Northbound traffic on approach to the Forth Road Bridge is being diverted off the A90 at Echline and can travel along the A904 to join the M9 at Junction 2, or be turned around to travel to M9 J1A.

Adds about 35 miles to your journey.

But as no traffic can use the FRB, journeys times are a bit of a lottery.

Colingl:

Southbound traffic is currently being diverted from the M90 motorway at the Admiralty junction onto the A985 to Kincardine.

Northbound traffic on approach to the Forth Road Bridge is being diverted off the A90 at Echline and can travel along the A904 to join the M9 at Junction 2, or be turned around to travel to M9 J1A.

So add 45min give take normal conditions, looking on Google maps what’s that bridge to the right of the FRB? looks like a local road bridge? Don’t mean the rail bridge.

Bridge has been repaired and has now reopened!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruise Control:

Colingl:

So add 45min give take normal conditions, looking on Google maps what’s that bridge to the right of the FRB? looks like a local road bridge? Don’t mean the rail bridge.

Yeah pretty much. Its an old but reliable bridge, also a new one (Clackmannanshire) bridge right next to it, A985 can be a nightmare though. A977 (m90 j6 to Clackmannanshire bridge) is a half decent alternative.

Play with feathers prepare to get you’re arse tickled.

A good 5 years out the truck will focus the selfish ■■■■■ mind.