Naughty driver.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-e … e-35237831 whoops

Probably foreign, or agency, or both.

I hear ze forth bridge no open. Zis is first bridge, very open.

Thank you please. I look for parking place under bridge as I need 45. ■■■ under trailer.

I saw him layby at lunch time paying his dues. He was foreign, in some ways no excuse when there are warning signs all over Scotland warning drivers and he passed two 7.5 ton signs. On the other hand some signs say ‘frb closed to hgv follow div’. Not exactly clear signage for foreign drivers or even for some uk drivers from further a field.

Should throw the book at him/her it’s not like there’s no warning of the fact you can’t use it.

PaulNowak:
Probably foreign, or agency, or both.

I hear ze forth bridge no open. Zis is first bridge, very open.

Thank you please. I look for parking place under bridge as I need 45. ■■■ under trailer.

Forth bridge, first bridge… funny, good pun.

Then you lost it. Why always the tiresome stereotypes?

You wouldn’t last a journey on the continent.

Good. Don’t want to go

quote … On the other hand some signs say ‘frb closed to hgv follow div’.

What the hell do you do then if you cant see a Stobby truck :question: :slight_smile: :wink:

Just read the story and seen the picture, that’s 2 today they caught, the wagon I saw was in the south bound lay by speaking to hot fuzz. Don’t bother trying it, they have cameras and during the day traffic cops are sitting either end of the bridge.

pepsifarr:
Just read the story and seen the picture, that’s 2 today they caught, the wagon I saw was in the south bound lay by speaking to hot fuzz. Don’t bother trying it, they have cameras and during the day traffic cops are sitting either end of the bridge.

Highly lucrative I imagine. Wonder why they’re not there at night?

I knew it would happen cops did also that is why they wait on a daily basis for plonkers to turn up

closing the other lane to make him u turn would appear to be kicking the bollox right out of it so as to justify the fine…they could have just given him 24 hours at queensferry,theres plenty of swans on the shore there of he fancied a takeaway. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
closing the other lane to make him u turn would appear to be kicking the bollox right out of it so as to justify the fine…they could have just given him 24 hours at queensferry,theres plenty of swans on the shore there of he fancied a takeaway. :slight_smile:

. I agree tesco store near by park in store car park for 24hrs driver sorted

pepsifarr:
. On the other hand some signs say ‘frb closed to hgv follow div’. Not exactly clear signage for foreign drivers or even for some uk drivers from further a field.

I remember going up to Lockerbie for a changeover and seeing those on the M74 and wondering what the hell that was about but I’d not seen the news. Once I’d seen it mentioned on the news the FRB bit made sense.

Captain Caveman 76:

pepsifarr:

Highly lucrative I imagine. Wonder why they’re not there at night?

Very little traffic so even if there is a lorry on the bridge the total weight of traffic would still be a small fraction of that from the allowed cars during the day. No idea why they don’t allow lorries from say 10pm to 4am.

Conor:
Very little traffic so even if there is a lorry on the bridge the total weight of traffic would still be a small fraction of that from the allowed cars during the day. No idea why they don’t allow lorries from say 10pm to 4am.

They could say no more than 2 lorries at a time can use the bridge or something like that.

Just heard this driver has been jailed as he refused to obey specific instructions not to go onto the bridge. 4 other drivers all foreign were stopped at the bridge on the same day, but as they obeyed instructions by police they were turned around and released without charge.

It’s a bit unrealistic to expect a foreign driver to understand abbreviations or to know the name of a bridge. Should be for example A90 closed to over 7.5 t after m90 . Also hgv and Lgv not used abroad it always tells you weight limit of ban ( if it’s a weight ban ) in Germany it’s not often you see lkw on road signs