Forth bridge blocker gets ban

dunfermlinepress.com/news/15 … ref=twtrec

Bridge closed for hours,ambulance with sick kid has to be diverted - just so he can get 2 pallets to amazon. Short sighted in the extreme. Lengthy ban & huge fine. Good enough for him.

Thwack

he won’t be doing that again!..thicko

Easy mistake we are only human , i dont belive the overheads 9/10 times its ■■■■■■■■

these are the relevant quotes from the article that shock me…
the lorry being driven by Juozas Zilvys…Depute fiscal Azrah Yousaf … defence solicitor Roshni Joshi…the end is nigh.

Fines must be paid before leaving the UK… .?

Yeah right…

In the article, it says a police officer said he would have passed about 6 pictorial signs which would have been understood by any language, warning of the bridge being closed to high sided vehicles. I’ve never seen these pictorial signs before. Only the matrix signs saying “forth rd br closed to high sided vehs”. Easy for someone who speaks or reads English, but perhaps not so obvious to a foreigner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
In the article, it says a police officer said he would have passed about 6 pictorial signs which would have been understood by any language, warning of the bridge being closed to high sided vehicles. I’ve never seen these pictorial signs before

sign.jpg

dieseldog999:
the lorry being driven by Juozas Zilvys…Depute fiscal Azrah Yousaf … defence solicitor Roshni Joshi…the end is nigh.

:laughing:

Read elsewhere that it was reported that an ambulance heading north bound to Edinburgh had to divert. Top quality reporting again, as per usual.

sent using smoke signals

the ban only comes into play if he applies for a uk licences, doesnt it

You know you’ve been a member of this forum a long time when you don’t initially recognise that the swear word was replaced with [zb] (nice photoshopping btw Dave)

:smiley:

damoq:
In the article, it says a police officer said he would have passed about 6 pictorial signs which would have been understood by any language, warning of the bridge being closed to high sided vehicles. I’ve never seen these pictorial signs before. Only the matrix signs saying “forth rd br closed to high sided vehs”. Easy for someone who speaks or reads English, but perhaps not so obvious to a foreigner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen pictorial signs either.
And the matrix signs normally have “FRB closed…”
I don’t think the signs are very clear at all.

Mystery Action:
I don’t think the signs are very clear at all.

Pictures or not…

He understood. He knew he shouldn’t cross but he still did. Guilty.

“However, defence solicitor Roshni Joshi said her client now accepted he had seen the closure signs and knew he should not have tried to cross.”

dieseldog999:

My thoughts exactly,which country are we actually in??

bobbya:

dieseldog999:

My thoughts exactly,which country are we actually in??

image.jpg

malcolmgbell:
Easy mistake we are only human , i dont belive the overheads 9/10 times its ■■■■■■■■

No it’s not an easy mistake.
Its downright stupidity from a selfish A-hole who only thought about himself.
The chaos he caused in eastern and central Scotland that day was diabolical.
Ban him for life, don’t need idiots like that on the road.