Following for miles

robroy:
Ahh so not just me then.
If true,.I’m on a roll , first outed him as Fagan & Whaley’s finest night man, now his latest non de plume. :sunglasses:
Love his cunning plan, re.incarnated as a female. :neutral_face:
(Hope he hates me. :smiley:)

Oh he does.
I didn’t get to see that whole particular episode play out before it was sanitized from history by the ministry of truth, but you were slaying it and had “him” on the ropes from the get go.
I also have had threads “disappear” due to rational debate.

Why, just why? What is the motivation behind all this?

robroy:
Ahh so not just me then.
If true,.I’m on a roll , first outed him as Fagan & Whaley’s finest night man, now his latest non de plume. :sunglasses:

Well it seems he has really go to you rob and a few others too. I remember you saying to others…who cares who it is , just give a response!
You are all becoming as paranoid as poochy boy!

What I don’t understand is you all come on bleating about him (or whoever) Why not just ignore everyone you are paranoid about and the problem is solved.
I think it’s probably because you all secretly love having a go at others. It must make you feel better in yourselves. I know all about you people. :wink:

Anyway whoever Jayne is I will take her as genuine (although I have my doubts too) and give an answer.

The very phrase…tuck in behind means to me…Far too close and probably tailgating. Jayne is not alone though. Many travel far too close to each other whether they are following or not.
Let’s be honest, following a truck doing 55mph you should be about 55 feet from that vehicle to maintain a safe distance but so many have their own rules and definitions. :unamused:

jakethesnake:

robroy:
Ahh so not just me then.

Well it seems he has really go to you rob and a few others too. I remember you saying to others…who cares who it is , just give a response!

What I don’t understand is you all come on bleating about him (or whoever) Why not just ignore everyone you are paranoid about and the problem is solved.
I think it’s probably because you all secretly love having a go at others. It must make you feel better in yourselves. I know all about you people. :wink:

Anyway whoever Jayne is I will take her as genuine (although I have my doubts too) and give an answer.

The very phrase…tuck in behind means to me…Far too close and probably tailgating. Jayne is not alone though. Many travel far too close to each other whether they are following or not.
Let’s be honest, following a truck doing 55mph you should be about 55 feet from that vehicle to maintain a safe distance but so many have their own rules and definitions. :unamused:

images.jpeg-101.jpg

jakethesnake:

robroy:
Ahh so not just me then.

:laughing:
Jake mate, keep things in perspective eh.
Absolutely nothing ‘‘gets to me’’ on here, trust me on that… it’s just a forum. :bulb:
Effects range from mildly agitated, through sympathy for the afflicted, to wholly amusing, but never to the ‘‘gets to me’’ point. :bulb: :smiley:

As for ignoring, yep good idea, but not taking his stuff seriously, by responding with irrelevance to his posts (a la socks) is equally as effective I reckon, …and also outing him to show he ain’t as clever as he thinks he is,.and at the same time annoying him. :smiley:
All good fun, but never taken too seriously… :wink:

Well surprise surprise another absentee suddenly re appears to back up there alias dear oh dear Rowleydicksnakejayne now then
How long until Jayne starts reporting bad driving
Dear oh dear

All this multi I.d. negativity ■■■■ on here could be sorted overnight.
Dave says it ain’t against forum rules,.and that’s fair enough, their ball, their game, but why does there need to be a policy of confidentiality, does it come under the data protection crap or what? …Is there some kind of Trucknet hippocratic oath for truckers? :laughing:

Why not say something along the lines of…Ok, multi I’d.s are fine on here, but on the condition that the mods can disclose them at any time we feel they are being used negatively on this forum.
Job would be sorted immediately…end of.

robroy:
All this multi I.d. [zb] could be sorted overnight.
Dave says it ain’t against forum rules,.and that’s fair enough, their ball, their game, but why does there need to be a policy of confidentiality, does it come under the data protection crap or what? …Is there some kind of Trucknet hippocratic oath for truckers? :laughing:

Why not say something along the lines of…Ok, multi I’d.s are fine on here, but we can disclose them at any time we feel they are being used negatively on this forum.

Like you say these multiple log in user id’s whatever could easily be sorted out, but the mods won’t so there’s obviously some hidden agenda we don’t know about

robthedog:

robroy:

Why not say something along the lines of…Ok, multi I’d.s are fine on here, but we can disclose them at any time we feel they are being used negatively on this forum.

Like you say these multiple log in user id’s whatever could easily be sorted out, but the mods won’t so there’s obviously some hidden agenda we don’t know about

All this has been discussed a few weeks back on ‘Feedback’, where the official line is ignore them and they will go away.
I do see that point, but surely that is a paradox of a forum, response by opinion is what keeps it running, so people are always going to respond, ranging from one answer to a full page argument…could be argued and justified as human nature, especially if goaded by insult.
Bearing that in mind, I still say my idea is a better alternative to sorting the ‘problem’.
(‘Problem’ in inverted commas to show I AINT taking it too seriously :blush: …honest. :laughing: )

robroy:
All this multi I.d. negativity [zb] on here could be sorted overnight.

Why not say something along the lines of…Ok, multi I’d.s are fine on here, but on the condition that the mods can disclose them at any time we feel they are being used negatively on this forum.

Couldn’t agree more.
Robroy using Grumpys login.

robthedog:

robroy:

I have being saying this for some time, in fact it has been the reason why I am not in premod club as I have openly predicted that I will launch accounts andiehyde.V2 upto infinitum as it is not against the rules of the forum, so no actual penalties for me.

The motivation for the operation of this forum is, in my firm belief, is that the controversial members create clicks, traffic and therefore revenue. They may/may not be directly involved with the sock puppet accounts, but they know it is happening and they appear to be on-board with it.

Sadly, we will never know the truth.

Well surprise surprise another absentee suddenly re appears to back up there alias dear oh dear Rowleydicksnakejayne now then
Dear oh dear

I would strongly suggest you read posts correctly before spouting drivel. Where did I back up anyone? I actually did the opposite. How confusing for you. :laughing:
It seems almost as soon as I post the usual clowns are waiting in the wings to throw their abuse around and never give a sensible answer.

With regards to multiple IDs (I only have one btw) it seems to me it only upsets a very slight minority.You can count the usual suspects on one hand. The majority ignore it and act like adults or respond with their thoughts.

No doubt poochy boy will be along shortly to back up the rest of his gang. :unamused:

jakethesnake:
Dear oh dear

I would strongly suggest you read posts correctly before spouting drivel. Where did I back up anyone? I actually did the opposite. How confusing for you. :laughing:
It seems almost as soon as I post the usual clowns are waiting in the wings to throw their abuse around and never give a sensible answer.

With regards to multiple IDs (I only have one btw) it seems to me it only upsets a very slight minority.You can count the usual suspects on one hand. The majority ignore it and act like adults or respond with their thoughts.

No doubt poochy boy will be along shortly to back up the rest of his gang. :unamused:

Just to reiterate my previous point Jake, it certainly does not ‘‘upset’’ me personally, more puzzles me how people have enough time on their hands to even bother to have a multi I.d. :unamused:
I like to think I’m more in the ‘‘adults who respond to it with their thoughts’’ category. :smiley:

robroy:

jakethesnake:
Dear oh dear

Just to reiterate my previous point Jake, it certainly does not ‘‘upset’’ me personally, more puzzles me how people have enough time on their hands to even bother to have a multi I.d. :unamused:
I like to think I’m more in the ‘‘adults who respond to it with their thoughts’’ category. :smiley:

Yeah, I would definitely say you were in the adult section (although you have been slipping a little recently :wink: ) and joining in with the infants. :laughing:
At least you normally respond with an answer rather than just abuse and childishness unlike the little gang of clowns. :laughing:

jakethesnake:

robroy:

jakethesnake:
Dear oh dear

Yeah, I would definitely say you were in the adult section (although you have been slipping a little recently :wink: ) and joining in with the infants. :laughing:
At least you normally respond with an answer rather than just abuse and childishness unlike the little gang of clowns. :laughing:

I’m still waiting for an answer Jake WHO did you drive for on car transporters ?

A few minutes Googling for “long defunct car transporter companies” and you’ll have your answer! :wink:

the maoster:
A few minutes Googling for “long defunct car transporter companies” and you’ll have your answer! :wink:

I want to hear it from the horses mouth

robthedog:

the maoster:

Sorry, should have made it clear; he/it will be busy googling the answer to your question.

robthedog:

the maoster:

Give the guy a chance.
He is still busy googling how everything will “find a way” to the shops without trucks.
Whenever you’re ready snaky!

Back in the mists of time when i started this foolish career (for want of a better word) i drove trannies :smiling_imp: Ford A series dropside (7.5 ton with 2.5 NA York Diesel :cry: ) and Ford D300/707 box vans, always specced with the most ‘economical’…read that as cheapest most underpowered engine possible that wouldn’t pull you out of bed…engines available, course none had power steering back then but nor did a good number of full sized wagons either.
So back in the early 70’s i spent many hours stuck up the arse of various lorries hoping that after an overtake of something equally large they didn’t cut back in too soon, leaving me floundering without a wake to travel in and often having to drop back behind the one being overtaken.

Most lorry drivers didn’t seem to mind, slip streaming was a common thing, only those carrying really high value loads would maybe try to lose you.
There’s a sweet spot, too close and its dangerous having no field of vision, too far back and the wake vanishes.
I get slip streamed now and again, don’t blame any bugger trying to get a few extra mpg the cost of fuel duties these days.

I’m still waiting for an answer Jake WHO did you drive for on car transporters ?

You constantly throw abuse at me also telling me I have never driven a lorry in my life then when you ask me a straight answer you expect a reply.
Sorry pal but that’s not how it works. :unamused: