Following for miles

On a dual cway if you are concerned by someone sticking close to you come off at a junction with straightforward up and down slip roads , by the time you have done that and rejoined the cway the stranger should have gone ahead. If it follows you doing that then you have a problem I would say.

jakethesnake:
I’m still waiting for an answer Jake WHO did you drive for on car transporters ?

You constantly throw abuse at me also telling me I have never driven a lorry in my life then when you ask me a straight answer you expect a reply.
Sorry pal but that’s not how it works. :unamused:

Exactly your full of ■■■■ you can’t back up all your false claims your a fake, clown fantasist anti lorry ■■■■ you know it and so do we put up or shut up

robthedog:

jakethesnake:
I’m still waiting for an answer Jake WHO did you drive for on car transporters ?

You constantly throw abuse at me also telling me I have never driven a lorry in my life then when you ask me a straight answer you expect a reply.
Sorry pal but that’s not how it works. :unamused:

Exactly your full of [zb] you can’t back up all your false claims your a fake, clown fantasist anti lorry ■■■■ you know it and so do we put up or shut up[/quote

Here we go again, the same old faces calling out a “troll” and you ask yourselves what is the motivation behind all the fake profiles, well I can answer that, you lot are the reason, plain and simple, as soon as you call him/her/insert gender of choice out then they know they’ve got under your skin. Mission accomplished.

As a member of the moderator team I can tell you my reasons for not for not doing anything to track down the identity of any suspicious profiles, I’m a volunteer like all the other moderators and I’m not wasting my time, as far as I’m aware none of us go searching for trouble so we can have a little power trip, I just look at threads that catch my eye and if I see anything that needs addressing I do, like now.

If this was a paid position then it would be different, but it isn’t and so you’re left with the current system, it’s up to you to self moderate, remember an argument needs at least two people and that arguing with a fool only proves that there are two fools.

newmercman:
Here we go again, the same old faces calling out a “troll” and you ask yourselves what is the motivation behind all the fake profiles, well I can answer that, you lot are the reason, plain and simple, as soon as you call him/her/insert gender of choice out then they know they’ve got under your skin. Mission accomplished.

As a member of the moderator team I can tell you my reasons for not for not doing anything to track down the identity of any suspicious profiles, I’m a volunteer like all the other moderators and I’m not wasting my time, as far as I’m aware none of us go searching for trouble so we can have a little power trip, I just look at threads that catch my eye and if I see anything that needs addressing I do, like now.

If this was a paid position then it would be different, but it isn’t and so you’re left with the current system, it’s up to you to self moderate, remember an argument needs at least two people and that arguing with a fool only proves that there are two fools.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Simples Really.

I haven’t read a post from this troll, aka this, aks that, aka the other, in years because the moment I see one of his handles at the top of the post I move past cos I know he has absolutely nothing to contribute on here.

I am surprised when some of our “should know better” guys actually engage with the ■■■■■■ when he starts a thread or butts into a thread with his total pish.

However I am unhappy when the Moderators let this ■■■■■■ destroy threads/conversations started by others with his predictable gibberish. Short term it may keep the traffic counter ticking along nicely but medium and long term it simply causes most of us to just glaze over and take a sabbatical for a while and others leave forever.

I did find it amusing a few weeks ago when this clown was caught yet again posting under the wrong login but is still allowed wreck interesting threads while others are banned for much less.

So I definitely think Mods need to up their game in this scenario or we will be all better off moving over to the Alice In Wonderland Channel where you will get what it says on the tin.

However I am unhappy when the Moderators let this ■■■■■■ destroy threads/conversations started by others with his predictable gibberish. Short term it may keep the traffic counter ticking along nicely but medium and long term it simply causes most of us to just glaze over and take a sabbatical for a while and others leave forever.

I did find it amusing a few weeks ago when this clown was caught yet again posting under the wrong login but is still allowed wreck interesting threads while others are banned for much less.

So I definitely think Mods need to up their game in this scenario or we will be all better off moving over to the Alice In Wonderland Channel where you will get what it says on the tin.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
also simples…change the rules and stop the ukjaketramprowleyprickydick ect from posting with multiple user names as surely a blind man can see that theres no reason for them whatsoever other than to destroy decent threads,or invent ones for the sole purpose of irritation.
alternatively,just modify the site to flag up a multi id user name…
surely that would inhibit the ■■■■■■ in the 1st place?
this works similar now to life in the uk where the majority have to accept the minority without a murmur and when you object,then its you that gets the hassle.

As I said, we’re volunteers, I don’t do much actual moderating aside from deleting a few blatantly offensive posts here and there. As most of you know I prefer to open a dialogue, I do see where you’re coming from with the multiple user thing and yes it is frustrating.

However, I’m just a lorry driver and member here, albeit with some extra buttons, I wouldn’t have a clue how to check IP addresses, I think it is possible, but way above my pay grade what with VPNs and other computer magic, I can’t speak for all of us though, I’m sure most of the others are a bit more knowledgeable about these things.

Now having said that, how about instead of challenging the poster with multiple personalities you simply hit the report button and specify the reason, this allows the admin and mods to deal with the situation, be very sure that it is indeed what you suspect it is first, the little boy that cried wolf and all that, but if you’re adamant then report it, that’s the whole purpose of the report button.

In the meantime do your part too, ignore the idiot, as I said earlier, it takes two to have an argument, if you don’t bite then all the fun goes out of it for the troll. In fact you could all block the different usernames as soon as you suss them out and the problem goes away, another feature that was added to make this site a more enjoyable experience for it’s members.

How does that grab you?

newmercman:
As I said, we’re volunteers, I don’t do much actual moderating aside from deleting a few blatantly offensive posts here and there. As most of you know I prefer to open a dialogue, I do see where you’re coming from with the multiple user thing and yes it is frustrating.

However, I’m just a lorry driver and member here, albeit with some extra buttons, I wouldn’t have a clue how to check IP addresses, I think it is possible, but way above my pay grade what with VPNs and other computer magic, I can’t speak for all of us though, I’m sure most of the others are a bit more knowledgeable about these things.

Now having said that, how about instead of challenging the poster with multiple personalities you simply hit the report button and specify the reason, this allows the admin and mods to deal with the situation, be very sure that it is indeed what you suspect it is first, the little boy that cried wolf and all that, but if you’re adamant then report it, that’s the whole purpose of the report button.

In the meantime do your part too, ignore the idiot, as I said earlier, it takes two to have an argument, if you don’t bite then all the fun goes out of it for the troll. In fact you could all block the different usernames as soon as you suss them out and the problem goes away, another feature that was added to make this site a more enjoyable experience for it’s members.

How does that grab you?

What, like maybe drowning it out with sock based shenanigans?
But is that not against the “posting random crap” rule?

I’m not going to answer that, my mum told me to keep my mouth shut if I didn’t have anything nice to say.

Well now you are a moderator again, perhaps you might be stepping outside of your mandate but please have a go.
Atack the post but not the poster, right?

Like the copper that gets all ■■■■■■ when someone answers “no comment” to their questions when , literally the first thing they have to say to you is “you dont have to say anything”

Multiple logins are legal, posting random crap is not.

Anyone else see the contradiction?

And what of the innocent “Jayne”

As a newcomer who has seemingly asked an innocent question, even the most naive internet user would want to know what triggered the ensuing ■■■■ fight that has become.

Mmmmmmmm■■?

What triggered the fight? Which fight? I don’t see one, there was a question asked by the OP, then a bunch of posts accusing them of using an alias username, that’s the long and the short of it.

newmercman:
What triggered the fight? Which fight? I don’t see one, there was a question asked by the OP, then a bunch of posts accusing them of using an alias username, that’s the long and the short of it.

Think that was me first. :blush: :smiley:
You say…just ignore him, he’ll go away.
Thing is this clown continues to insult our intelligence (or attempt to anyway :unamused: ) by coming on with the same old type of crap under various guises, thinking we won’t notice,.and that we are stupid enough to take him on face value as being genuine in his identities,.and his obvious posts.
I’ve no qualms in responding to his posts to show him we, (or at least I) .ain’t as stupid as HE looks.

Just to add, I know it’s the old …‘‘If you don’t like it, go to facebook etc’’ but what is a bit rich, you’ve got a couple of members on here who actually added a lot to the forum with genuine posts (and still do in pre.mod status) who are still on long term pre.mod, … namely Beaver and N.donkey, even poor old dozy who is at the end of the day harmless, but this spac is allowed to come on and attempt to bait you with various drivel under various guises, and continues to do so ad infinitum.
Why is that?

Every forum has trolls, t’was ever thus. The problems here accelerated when they banned that absolute melt Chester. Funny how so many new creatures post in the same style innit?

Instead of banning him the mods should have just formed a gofundme page and once it got to a grand I’d have gladly filmed me slicing his throat! Hell, I’d probably have given the grand myself for the pleasure of ending that creature!

the maoster:
Every forum has trolls, t’was ever thus. The problems here accelerated when they banned that absolute melt Chester. Funny how so many new creatures post in the same style innit?

Instead of banning him the mods should have just formed a gofundme page and once it got to a grand I’d have gladly filmed me slicing his throat! Hell, I’d probably have given the grand myself for the pleasure of ending that creature!

:open_mouth: Said it before,.and I’ll.say it again.
Remind me never to ■■■■ you off mate. :laughing:

robroy:

newmercman:

Thing is this clown continues to insult our intelligence (or attempt to anyway :unamused: ) by coming on with the same old type of crap under various guises, thinking we won’t notice,.and that we are stupid enough to take him on face value as being genuine in his identities,.and his obvious posts.
I’ve no qualms in responding to his posts to show him we, (or at least I) .ain’t as stupid as HE looks.

But it doesn’t do that, does it? The authors of these trolling posts crave only one thing - a reaction. Any reaction will do, much along the lines of a mischievous schoolboy who clatters the fence as he walks by simply to trigger a response from the dogs in the yard. Each time they yap and bark impotently from behind that fence, he gets a little satisfaction. He/they is/are playing with you, and you and all the others are almost lining up to respond - even the sock business is still a reaction and satisfies the troll’s appetite for mischief just as surely as if you’d responded with a seemingly genuine “reply”, a verbal put-down, ridicule, reasoned challenge or counter-argument.

The solution is simple - just use the facilities available to you to scroll on by his/their posts, flag him/them to be ignored and leave them to their games.

Roymondo:

robroy:

newmercman:

But it doesn’t do that, does it? The authors of these trolling posts crave only one thing - a reaction. Any reaction will do, much along the lines of a mischievous schoolboy who clatters the fence as he walks by simply to trigger a response from the dogs in the yard. Each time they yap and bark impotently from behind that fence, he gets a little satisfaction. He/they is/are playing with you, and you and all the others are almost lining up to respond - even the sock business is still a reaction and satisfies the troll’s appetite for mischief just as surely as if you’d responded with a seemingly genuine “reply”, a verbal put-down, ridicule, reasoned challenge or counter-argument.

The solution is simple - just use the facilities available to you to scroll on by his/their posts, flag him/them to be ignored and leave them to their games.

I take on board what you say mate, but you’ve got your opinions on this, and I have mine,.and they appear to differ
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but if you don’t like reading responses to him, you should maybe take your own advice and just ignore the content of the thread. :wink:

Where did I say I don’t like reading them? I actually find the whole thing mildly amusing, watching a couple of thrushes repeatedly pulling the chains of the assembled throng, who appear unable to resist the pavlovian urge to react and do so again and again and again.

:smiley:

Roymondo:
Where did I say I don’t like reading them? I actually find the whole thing mildly amusing, watching a couple of thrushes repeatedly pulling the chains of the assembled throng, who appear unable to resist the pavlovian urge to react and do so again and again and again.

:open_mouth: So wtf are you complaining about then, if you enjoy reading them. :neutral_face:
:laughing: