Truck tracking?

Normal? to track a drivers proggression or whereabouts , silly qustuon really , but feels weird! . And annoying when shipping phone and inform you that you gone a longer route by few .Or are they taking the ■■■■ ?.

Companies want to know where their truck is, most large fleets are tracked for planning etc

Yeah i mean i would track truck too a lot of money im sure , but to phone and inform you 10secs after a wrong turn its only adding to driver stress when he knows already ! .

And is there anyway out of ■■■■■■■■ monday morning lol. :frowning:

I would respond, quite calmly, that if they want me to take a particular route they should give it to me at the outset.

But then our lot (DHL) couldn’t plan the proverbial p-up in a brewery anyway.

exactly these guys need satnav to go to toilet , i am based in edinburgh leaving from grangemouth ask me if i could do load on my way back to Edinburgh , to camelon ! , lol .

One company I used to drive for installed trackers a couple of years ago, and started calling drivers if they took a longer route than expected or stopped unexpectedly. One time they called me when I was in the loo, and when I explained that, they said, “well, you won’t do it again?”. I said “I won’t if I don’t need the loo”. Another time a female office worker called me and I gave her the same reason, and she acted as if I’d offered her too much info, like ladies don’t have the same natural functions as men (and more). Haven’t worked there for a few months now, and won’t again.

I got pulled up on a Tuesday morning for missing my turning off the motorway and have to drive 13+ miles to double back to the previous. The gaffer said I was off the “prescribed route”. WTF is a “prescribed route”? I wasn’t told that I was only required to take certain roads…

Radar19:
I got pulled up on a Tuesday morning for missing my turning off the motorway and have to drive 13+ miles to double back to the previous. The gaffer said I was off the “prescribed route”. WTF is a “prescribed route”? I wasn’t told that I was only required to take certain roads…

A “prescribed route” is one that you are given before you set off (it’s what the words mean). If they haven’t told you the route to take in advance, it’s not “prescribed”. Just make a point of asking them, every day, for details of the “prescribed route” they want you to take. Ask them to write it down or give you a printed copy if they’ve generated it from some computer program. Then when it all goes ■■■■-up it won’t be your problem :slight_smile:

But when you are sat for hours in a hold up on the motorway and they say why didn’t you come of before and you say couldn’t because it’s not on the prescribed route they tend not to give you one again.

mac12:
But when you are sat for hours in a hold up on the motorway and they say why didn’t you come of before and you say couldn’t because it’s not on the prescribed route they tend not to give you one again.

That was pretty much the point I was making - Play them at their own game!

Sometimes I took a non-motorway route with the company I mentioned earlier, and I said I was aware of delays on the motorway and they’d say they knew where the jams were and that one wasn’t mentioned on whatever website they used. I said I saw it with my own eyes, or it was on the BBC news or my satnav. They really thought they knew it all.