Fed up of some of you truckers

Ok felt i had to sign up for this site as i am sick to death of other truckers trying to overtake me when they are going at the same speed.
You know what i mean, those PRATTS that sit at the side of you holding all the traffic up without a care for anybody else because it means they have a clear road in front of them. They rely on the fact you will either slow down on a hill, or somebody will need to come on to the motorway before you.
Why cant you just back off a little? And if your the one keeping that person at the side of you, why not be the better man/woman and let the PRATT past.
I have to use the motorway to get to work and travel at least 20 miles down the M6 doing 55/60 mph in the outside lane because every car is trying to get past the PRATT in the middle lane.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, AND YOU DO MY HEAD IN.
Before you say i am just a car driver and you are a big tough trucker that owns the road(you dont) i am a class 1 driver with a bit of road sense that sees these things from both angles.
I look forward to the day we can only use the inside lane and it will be the PRATTS you have to thank for it.
Have a nice day.

Welcome Happy Chappy.

Hope you find somethings that are OK with your fellow truckers.

I do overtake if I am faster than the guy in front, even if only marginally at times when the roads aren’t as busy.

I do slow down if something is passing me just to let him/her in a bit quicker. I usually find that if I lift off the throttle or knock off the cruise and count to ten then carry on as before that is enough to speed up the process of their pass.

Hope to see you making contributions on other topics.

geez, fair point but is it worth getting so worked up about?

in the highway code it actually says to ease off to let trucks pass you if they’re struggling - and why not? I’m sure we’ve all missjudged it at times and ended up stuck in the middle lane :unamused:

One of the things that attracted me to driving as a career was the companionship that truckers seem to have, even to complete strangers - like the friendly flash to say it’s ok to move into the lane in front of them and the thing with the indicators to say thanks. It’s nice to see people (truckers) sticking together, especially with the way the industry is nowerdays.

Yes, you’ve got a fair point and there are idiots out there but calm down - getting arsey on here’s not going to change things, I doubt anything will.

Live and let live

Chill man.

OK ,
I know wot your saying ,nothing worse when your a 1 or 2 mph faster than than another truck ,and the driver wont drop back a few mph just to let you get the overtaking manover done fast and not to hold anyone up any longer than possible

HappyChappy:
Ok felt i had to sign up for this site as i am sick to death of other truckers trying to overtake me when they are going at the same speed.
You know what i mean, those PRATTS that sit at the side of you holding all the traffic up without a care for anybody else because it means they have a clear road in front of them. They rely on the fact you will either slow down on a hill, or somebody will need to come on to the motorway before you.
Why cant you just back off a little? And if your the one keeping that person at the side of you, why not be the better man/woman and let the PRATT past.
I have to use the motorway to get to work and travel at least 20 miles down the M6 doing 55/60 mph in the outside lane because every car is trying to get past the PRATT in the middle lane.
Before you say i am just a car driver and you are a big tough trucker that owns the road(you dont) i am a class 1 driver with a bit of road sense that sees these things from both angles.
I look forward to the day we can only use the inside lane and it will be the PRATTS you have to thank for it.
Have a nice day.

surely the problem is with the car holding up traffic in the outside lane doing 55-60 overtaking the trucks

I am not that worked up about, just wanted the people concerned to know what i think of them.
Would like it if i didn’t have to give myself an extra ten minutes to get to work because the PRATTS are out in force.
Like i said this isn’t aimed at everybody, Just the PRATTS.

hankthejeweller:

HappyChappy:
Have a nice day.

surely the problem is with the car holding up traffic in the outside lane doing 55-60 overtaking the trucks

How did i know somebody would be so stupid to write that.
The traffic in the outside lane is slowing down to let the cars out stuck in the middle lane.

you’re not doing your blood pressure any good :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

As frustrating as it is to sit behind a truck only marginally going faster than the truck on the inside, it’s EVERYONES ‘right’ to overtake the vehicle in front if that vehicle is going slower than you and of course as long as you do not exceed the speed limit when overtaking

I think the day car drivers stick to the 70 mph speed limit (indeed speed limits in general) and start to show truck drivers some respect and actually switch on when you are in your cars, then maybe we will think of you a bit more.

Although i do agree, it dunnarf get on your nerves don’t it

Oh and i overtake ALL the time, don’t call me a pratt

u should be doin 60+ on a motorway in a car at least if not your just making more hassel on roads.

How long you been doing this job happy chap ?

HappyChappy:

I’m sick of having to set off 2 hours earlier a day just to get to places cos of selfish people like you who could use public transport.

Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

haha happy chappy it must be me you are talking about i was going north on the m6 this morning and moved over to lane 2 to let a truck exit the services, as i am limited to 56mph the pratt that i pulled over to let on the motorway put his foot down and wouldnt let me back in. And by this time another truck was on his barn doors so that meant i would have to drop back the length of two trucks just for being a kind and considerate driver. im not sure people what should i have done? dropped back two trucks or not moved over in the first place■■? answers on a postcard please :confused: btw the first truck was johnny foreigner. :unamused:

HappyChappy:
How did i know somebody would be so stupid to write that.
The traffic in the outside lane is slowing down to let the cars out stuck in the middle lane.

Not in my experience. If that were so, why do they not move over when there’s no trucks in L2?

In fact, it’s been proiven in studies that IF CAR DRIVERS USED PROPER LANE DISCIPLINE ON MOTORWAYS THE EFFECT WOULD BE THE EQUIVALENT OF BUILDING AN ADDITIONAL 800 MILES.

HappyChappy:
I am not that worked up about, just wanted the people concerned to know what i think of them.
Would like it if i didn’t have to give myself an extra ten minutes to get to work because the PRATTS are out in force.
Like i said this isn’t aimed at everybody, Just the PRATTS.

We already know what the public think of us, thankyou.

I would like it if I didn’t have to give myself an extra hour to get to deliveries because selfish car drivers like you do single occupancy commutes where you could car share or use public transport.

HappyChappy:

Why are you driving at 56MPH on a motorway? If you want to dawdle along at 56, use the A roads and leave the motorways for those who want to get to places quickly.

I look forward to the day where cars doing 56MPH would get prosecuted for DWDCA

I’m a bit confused with this one, maybe im having a dizzy moment :blush:

First you say this,…

HappyChappy:
I am sick to death of other truckers trying to overtake me when they are going at the same speed.

Then you go on to say this

HappyChappy:
I have to use the motorway to get to work and travel at least 20 miles down the M6 doing 55/60 mph in the outside lane because every car is trying to get past .

So are you a trucker saying about people overtaking you, or are you on about being a car driver stuck in the outside lane?

HappyChappy:
Have a nice day.

so happy chappy when you get to work (eventually) :unamused: and drive your truck ,do you sit behind a big queue of trucks on the motorway or do you overtake in lane 2 at a fraction of the speed of the other truck. be nice to hear what you do so others can learn a bit of road sense

jon

And what about the prats in cars that pull out into lane 3 whilst overtaking trucks and cause me to brake heavily.

Every ilk of road user has a gripe with just about every other and I’m finding the common denominator is everybody wanted to be at their destination an hour ago and it’s the truck/bus/learner/cyclists fault for slowing them down. What I’ve also found is the habitual complainers have a real problem with their own driving of which they are in denial (I’m not saying this is the case here, HappyChappy), If peeps left there departure point 10 minutes earlier, I dare say a lot more peeps would be arriving at there destinations a lot more relaxed.

I’ve tried this in my working day, 33miles with 39 drops on a friday thrashing around takes me 3hours 20 minutes, but driving calmly I have more time to plan ahead and believe it or not the same journey takes 3 hours 30 minutes!!!

On motorways forward planning is key to making good progress, if a truck is coming up to the arse end of another you know he’s gonna want to pull out, so why stay in lane 2? find a gap and move over using the gas pedal to keep with the flow, move back in when past him. DONT sit in lane 2 whilst he pulls out cos your gonna have to slow down to his speed and wait till he’s back in lane 1 or your gonna have to mix it with BMW/Maxus drivers in lane 3 at mismatched speeds, and thats when I get ■■■■■■ off.