Foden Alpha ~ Past & Present

I took this at Holme Hall Quarry Stainton on the 19th March 2014,regards Paul.

paul motyka:
I took this at Holme Hall Quarry Stainton on the 19th March 2014,regards Paul.0

Pretty sure that’s been working out of Earthline at Shipton Quarry recently.

Since Hope tookover HHQ from Tarmac loads of different companies working out of quarry,trying to find time to go and take pics is proving a bit difficult at the moment.Went for a paper yesterday and a 6 wheeler ERF went past F920 PVC ? guessing last three letters and I did not have my camera with me,bugger.

image.jpg

hpt:
Anyone anymore pictures of this 8 wheeler W262 jbu former transload and rl noble lorry

Hi, I’m Mark Noble, as in the “Son” of RL Noble. Good to see W262 JBU still looking so well! It was a great lorry that - We wish we hadn’t sold it, but work was on it’s @rse back then!

We were working on the M1 with that lorry early last year between Jn 28 & 31 (for West Coast Haulage). Looks like that’s where your pic was taken. I’ve got more pics of W262 somewhere. I’ll shove them up if I can find them.

:smiley: :smiley:

Foden450:

hpt:
Anyone anymore pictures of this 8 wheeler W262 jbu former transload and rl noble lorry

Hi, I’m Mark Noble, as in the “Son” of RL Noble. Good to see W262 JBU still looking so well! It was a great lorry that - We wish we hadn’t sold it, but work was on it’s @rse back then!

We were working on the M1 with that lorry early last year between Jn 28 & 31 (for West Coast Haulage). Looks like that’s where your pic was taken. I’ve got more pics of W262 somewhere. I’ll shove them up if I can find them.

:smiley: :smiley:

Here’s a few I’ve found - some of these are already on this site but in other threads…

fodens.jpg

W262 green.jpg

W262 RLN.jpg

Sadly somebody else liked her aswell. Somebody tried stealing her about a month ago thankfully he didn’t get very far as he had a few mishaps. First when he tried horwiring her he blew a fuse and had no positive power going to ignition, so he stripped wore from a brand new scania parked beside him and ran it up from the batteries into the cab. When he eventually managed to get her started he was unable to clutch in the pto and could not tip the load out of the back of her so he just opened the back door and took off down the road letting the load pour out. And finally it’s hard to get her into high gear when she’s cold so he was unable to get into high gear and panicked and didn’t give her time to warm up. So he just abandoned her on the side of the road 200 yards from where she was stolen.

Screenshot_2015-07-03-00-02-59.png

Screenshot_2015-07-03-00-02-51.png

Screenshot_2015-07-03-00-02-45.png

Screenshot_2015-07-03-00-02-40.png

Screenshot_2015-07-03-00-01-54.png

hpt:
Sadly somebody else liked her aswell. Somebody tried stealing her about a month ago thankfully he didn’t get very far as he had a few mishaps. First when he tried horwiring her he blew a fuse and had no positive power going to ignition, so he stripped wore from a brand new scania parked beside him and ran it up from the batteries into the cab. When he eventually managed to get her started he was unable to clutch in the pto and could not tip the load out of the back of her so he just opened the back door and took off down the road letting the load pour out. And finally it’s hard to get her into high gear when she’s cold so he was unable to get into high gear and panicked and didn’t give her time to warm up. So he just abandoned her on the side of the road 200 yards from where she was stolen.

What a set of utter utter B******s!!!

Looks like they were looking for a tracker in the roof lining. Glad you got her back in (almost) one piece.

hpt:

Glad they abandoned her and you got her back with little damage, smart truck Did this happen overnight?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes happened about 3-4 o clock on a Monday morning

DX06 DZM - Brown’s Recycling, Stoke-on-Trent:
(Lymm Truckstop - 05.08.15.).

Still working in cheshire

Off to Mozambique

I’d have her back tomorrow

Is that the company that’s in hull docks

lee mat:
Is that the company that’s in hull docks

L j brumptons are from North Lincolnshire, and they also own omega haulage which do shunting on the docks, got 3 fodens on hull dock… Good kit for shunting work!!

Thought it was makes me laugh you say they are shunters they are cleaner than what I drive across the 62 in every day are they the ones in Immingham docks as well.

lee mat:
Thought it was makes me laugh you say they are shunters they are cleaner than what I drive across the 62 in every day are they the ones in Immingham docks as well.

Is yours silver ?

I wish it was I see a silver one almost daily with a dsv trailer behind it looks mint.mines been bumped n knocked more times than I can remember spent a lot of money on it all underneath but sadly looks pig ugly parked my man up for a while and am driving it for next month or so to see what its like if it doesn’t start behaving its gone