foden

is there anyone owning and running fodens if so whats the parts back up like and which main dealers are new parts going through

DAF would be the main dealer for original parts, Foden is/was part of PACCAR which own DAF

The late alphas were a very under rated motor imho. The engines and boxes were always reliable, but those tipper/fairground cabs were bad. But when they put the running gear in the daf, they came up with a very good all rounder. If you can find a late one it would be a wise choice on s budget. They are quite a bit cheaper than the equivalent daf cf. Did see a 54 plate in valley trucks in hoddesdon for 5k last year

Most Daf dealers will source the parts,and a lot of it is Daf anyway. I run 1 and she dont need a lot,last thing was a the air pressure switch, the dealer just got the Daf part out and we comparered it and hey presto

OVLOV JAY:
They are quite a bit cheaper than the equivalent daf cf. Did see a 54 plate in valley trucks in hoddesdon for 5k last year

Only cheaper till you pull up to the fuel pump, until last year we ran both ■■■■■■■ M11 & Cat C12 engined versions and without exception all were thirsty, especially compared to a similar Daf.

Ross.

Been to look at one on a 55 plate and quiet like it got talking to him and he said parts back up would be daf and man for the ■■■■■■■ engine ie erf would that be true would daf not be the best to take it to for engine related problems

■■■■■■■ and cat have service centres to helP engine wise

It might be wrong BUT didn’t companies running Cat plant also use Fodens with Cat engines so the fitters and mechanics would be able to fix them?

When they finally got them right production finished!!,the last of them were a very reliable lorry capable of hard work & high mileage,true they could be thirsty but a sympathetic driver could make quite a difference.I know guys who are crying like babies cause their Fodens are due for replacement with Scan/Volv/Merc etc :astonished: :astonished:

I thought the alpha especially the second generation one was a way superior product than it’s daf stablemate.

we are still running a 51 plate my dad get good mpg 10s n 12s on tnt parcel work its just gone round the clock and still as sweet as a nut …turbo went abt 12 months ago .and all hubs have been replaced but i belive thats a common prob on dafs too