Fly By Nite

toby1234abc:
Their logo on the side of the trailer , looks like it was painted on by a dyslexic five year old.
It looks naff.
Brian Yeardley concert trucks look stunning.

Your right they do, there like the stobarts of event trucking.

Im sure ex drivers published there pay, £85 a day, maxed out, with adr. Oooh where do i sign up

Wonder how many will be at Manchester tonight for John Bishop?..

I will let you know tomorrow.

Ken.

According to their website they are at the moment recruiting drivers…A chance of something a bit different from the norm if anyone is interested.

According to their website they are at the moment recruiting drivers…A chance of something a bit different from the norm if anyone is interested.

I’m doubly interested. :wink:

grumpyken52:

andy187:

mrginge:
A member on here called ‘shade’ works for Fly By Nite and when I asked him about any extra work on top of driving e.g Spots he said:

shade:
No , thats incorrect . We are truck drivers .

Also one driver i met at a festival said “if we help out and hurt ourselves… who drives the truck back?”

When I have run stuff into shows it’s always crew that unloads or loads , they just check that you are happy with what they are doing as the driver is ultimately responsible.
I always had a tail lift which was offered to help with heavy units at venues without docks or forks .
We ran only 7.5t or 18t for the extras , replacement equipment or merchandise.
Usually very good communication with heads of crews and they kept you informed of changes and the order of delivery .
Bumping into familiar faces all over the UK and Europe was always good and most places looked after the truckies and crews as they did work hard to make things work .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I never in 5 years saw an arctic with a tail lift, all came down a ramp that was stored under the trailer. That includes the bloody mixing desks, usually only one in a venue at front of house, festivals have several. they are extremely heavy and the worst place We had to put one was the shepards bush empire. that was a ball ache for the front of house mixing desk, the astoria was the worst for everything, used to be the royal Albert hall but they spent money getting rid of the very dangerous load in/out ramp and built a loading dock under the place with a lift to bring the equipment up to stage level.

Any ideas what these guys are earning on these tours?

Did a stint for KB Events a while back, if Fly By Night work the same way you can earn decent money when the tours are taking place, the kick in the nads is it’s a zero hour contract, could unload at the NEC and run back to the yard waiting for another run and while you’re in there you don’t get paid, not even night out money, started my second day with no chance of a run out, emptied my truck and went home.

I work in events and I do nicely thank you very much. Brand new kit and great customers. I drive the truck and nothing else. That’s what crew are for…And I’m full time hence never on here much. In fact I’m off to Sweden next week via Paris and Hamburg. :smiley:

How do I get involved in that? I have background in TV broadcasting thanks to my time at uni.

Radar19:
How do I get involved in that? I have background in TV broadcasting thanks to my time at uni.

Apply to the companies, be willing to spend long periods away. :smiley:
I don’t know if you background in TV Broadcasting would make much difference though. :wink:

Grumpy Dad:
Did a stint for KB Events a while back, if Fly By Night work the same way you can earn decent money when the tours are taking place, the kick in the nads is it’s a zero hour contract, could unload at the NEC and run back to the yard waiting for another run and while you’re in there you don’t get paid, not even night out money, started my second day with no chance of a run out, emptied my truck and went home.

Then you were in the wrong company! :wink:

Radar19:

Companies to try are :-
Fly by Night
Transam
KB Events
Stagetruck
Stardes
Brian Yeardley

Grumpy Dad:

Radar19:

Companies to try are :-
Fly by Night
Transam
KB Events
Stagetruck
Stardes
Brian Yeardley

Also Wicked they mainly do theatre tours

Est as well. Dont bother with paul matthews. Theyre all ■■■■■

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Radar19:

What about companies that operate Outside Broadcasting Units or the Big screens they use at sporting venues and concerts, they might want somebody with a HGV licence and some technical ability for setting up and breaking down.

Luckings,think based Twickenham way do tv and theatre stuff.Had a short stint with them doing Red Dwarf series props from Shepperton studios if memory serves.Can’t really say i enjoyed it much but i appreciate the attractions for other; less idle than myself types.

The Bournmouth production of Paddington Bear did for me,hellish truck manoueverings and unloaded the bugger by myself as i recall.I’m sticking with boxes in the absence of top-dollar showbizzy type remuneration.

i saw about 15 of there motors on the last foo fighters tour at manchester just before dave fell of stage and broke his leg.posted on one of the truckers forum how jealous i was as foo fighters are one of my fav bands i go and see as soon as they tour.well one of the drivers pm and siad if i was interested i should contact the office as they always looking for driver.he said young one sign up then realise after a few weeks they never home and pack it in.he alos told they could be quiet after xmas couple of uk/euro jobs.then in mid march or end u set off on a tour and never see home again till september october due to all the festivals and big summer tours bands do in europe and uk.
was tempted to give it a go but it was when all the trouble at calais with people where trying to get on trailer to uk.my mother was worried and rather i stayed in uk plus i could see here every 3 weeks as shes in her late 70s now.she knows i do it at a drop of a hat as im single and got the bug from when i went with my dad all over europe in school holidays with him.plus my holiday time is always in feb of every year when i take 4 weeks off and leave for far east.

muckles:

Radar19:

What about companies that operate Outside Broadcasting Units or the Big screens they use at sporting venues and concerts, they might want somebody with a HGV licence and some technical ability for setting up and breaking down.

I’ll have a look on some websites. Only problem being is that most aren’t anywhere near Lincolnshire. The nearest company would be Stardis in Sheffield.

Radar19:

muckles:

Radar19:

I’ll have a look on some websites. Only problem being is that most aren’t anywhere near Lincolnshire. The nearest company would be Stardis in Sheffield.

Most of the jobs will probably require to be away for lengthy periods, so distance doesn’t matter that much.