Fly by nite

Just wondered about all the Fly by Nite trucks in Stockyard. Went past on M18 at about 4.30 and seemed like there were about 15 plus parked up in there.

Probably waiting to cut the rates on a job that way :smiley: just like normal :frowning:

topdog1606:
Just wondered about all the Fly by Nite trucks in Stockyard. Went past on M18 at about 4.30 and seemed like there were about 15 plus parked up in there.

Whats on at sheffield arena :question: thats only 10 mins away from the stockyard …is it the strictly come dancing tour or summat like that :confused:

seth 70:

topdog1606:

Whats on at sheffield arena :question: thats only 10 mins away from the stockyard …is it the strictly come dancing tour or summat like that :confused:

SEVERRRRN!!! :wink: :wink:

tango boy:

seth 70:

topdog1606:

SEVERRRRN!!! :wink: :wink:

DAAAAAAAARLINGS :wink:

thats the lads who r doing queen. strictly come dancing is a trans am job

We had Trans Am over here in Belfast at the Oddysey for something or other. What I can’t understand is these two firms clearly own the show/events/film scene transport wise so why do they have such low key and dated an image?

Trans Am trucking. Sounds like something from the 70s film convoy and their type face they use looks as such. And also why the name? It doesn’t seem to go with what they do. The only thing I can think of is it’s deliberate. They’ve kind of become unique because their trailers look so dated, understated and out of place, yet stand out and the 70s convoy trans am logo has become sort of “ironic” given what they actually do and how prevalent they are.

Well Kevin hopper of brown yeardley dame is attempting to Burt the bubble and break into that market by all accounts

That post was such a predictive text fail. *Brian yeardley *fame *burst

Spacemonkeypg:
That post was such a predictive text fail. *Brian yeardley *fame *burst

It was written like Morph was actually saying it :smiley:

What I can’t understand is these two firms clearly own the show/events/film scene transport wise so why do they have such low key and dated an image?

Trans Am trucking. Sounds like something from the 70s film convoy and their type face they use looks as such. And also why the name? It doesn’t seem to go with what they do. The only thing I can think of is it’s deliberate. They’ve kind of become unique because their trailers look so dated, understated and out of place, yet stand out and the 70s convoy trans am logo has become sort of “ironic” given what they actually do and how prevalent they are.

This is true, Trans Am certainly. I guess the answer is ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ - I think their black livery is great, as it’s understated but still looks good. They still livery some of their new trucks in EST colours, which I think is the best livery anybody has ever put on a truck.

They do not even have a company website - I expect Euromat or one of the other people who know Transam well can expand on this, but I guess that the industry is based on word of mouth and recommendation, and Transam have a pretty good pedigree as they’ve been hauling band equipment since the 70s. It seems they don’t need any of the modern vinyl wrapping and corporate bull that is the fashion these days, and good for them I say.

Plus of course, if you know your Spinal Tap quotes, “how much more black could the trucks be? None…none more black!” :smiley:

Except for the silly white bumper spoilers…

seth 70:

Its the young voices concert 5 nights 19th - 23rd Jan motorpointarenasheffield.co. … ionWrapper

Acceptme is 100% correct , we were waiting to load into Leeds and there is no room for us to park there .

" wing and a prayer " seems bitter ■■ LOL

shade:
Acceptme is 100% correct , we were waiting to load into Leeds and there is no room for us to park there .

" wing and a prayer " seems bitter ■■ LOL

you will be in manchester tonight then il see you there as im goin to see my mates brian and roger for a knees up :laughing:

I’m going Saturday to Nottingham. Really looking forward to it. That’s seems a large amount of kit to set up.

went for an interview some years ago for stagetruck,the bossman interviewed me and basically tried to convert me to cycling as he is a very keen cyclist apparently,when I said I was not into cycling,it was the end of the interview,never heard no more,bloke was a bit strange as well

I think trans am problem is no really big bands left as in rock sabbath are finished can’t see motorhead doing much

In 5 years don’t think you will see them our est

And Brian yeardly trying to get in noooo