First time over to Ireland tonight

peirre:
There’s enough (exchange) fee free credit cards available (such as the Halifax clarity, Santander Zero) without the need to get a pre pay card

You’re right there are but you need to pass a credit check and as soon as you withdraw cash out of a cash machine you’re paying interest on that at a higher rate than normal credit card spending regardless of whether or not you clear the bill in full at the end of the month.

switchlogic:

mrginge:

bossman:
We are based in the port and always go through tunnel and M50 ,

Really? Im off to Ireland Thursday afternoon to go to Leapardstown Park Hospital with a new medical trailer and assumed I would just come out the port and turn left. Surely it’s a trek going up and around the M50.

Trucks are banned through Dublin during day, ever since they opened tunnel.

It all depends on what time its not a 24 hour ban

Well we sailed out on the Epsilon and it was a nice crossing got our cabin and then went down for our meal then went back had a shower and had about an hour and half kip. The steady rocking of the ship actually helped me get to sleep quicker :smiley:
When we got off the ferry we saw a bloke stood in the trailer park and he said we was ok to park up there for the night at the side of the drivers lounge and Irish Ferries offices so that was good we weren’t having to drive around running out of time trying to find somewhere to park.
Nice and steady run down to Wicklow through the tunnel and come off by the Airport and run down the M50 which took about just over an hour. We pulled in to a nice little services on the N11 at Cullenmore better than any of the toss we have to put up with food wise, took an hour to tip then shot back up to Dublin, had 30 mins in Topaz truckstop and had a lovely hotdog and a drink for 5€ and now in the port waiting for our ferry back which is the Ulysses which I understand is about 3 times the size of the Epsilon.
Where we delivered to was another freight company who split the loads down and deliver it to the Tescos themselves and they said there were another 10 deliveries to come over in the next 2 week so hopefully it’ll be a regular thing now. I might suggest to them to start booking us on the overnight P&O crossing from Liverpool. That way we can have our 9 hours off on the boat and not have to worry about finding anywhere to park with little time left.

I haven’t been on the P&O Liverpool/Dublin but hear it’s an absolute aul tub!! !!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
I haven’t been on the P&O Liverpool/Dublin but hear it’s an absolute aul tub!! !!!

apparantly well worse than the belfast/birkenhead which iis basically 8 hours in prison with the option of drowning.
i kip below decks in the truck constantly on that boat for a decent kip,and never eat on it,but the dublin crew come round as it sails and swing on the mirrors looking in the cab as they batter lumps out of the door to see if your hiding.if your on that boat and cabing it,make sure you dont react as they try to catch you.

Big Truck:

I was on the P&O Norbank on Friday night and the Norbay on Saturday night and they leave a lot to be desired cabin wise. Very dated and old fashioned but the grub is pretty good on it if nothing else

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:
the dublin crew come round as it sails and swing on the mirrors looking in the cab as they batter lumps out of the door to see if your hiding.if your on that boat and cabing it,make sure you dont react as they try to catch you.

This! You need to get comfy fast and have middle curtain drawn and whatever you do don’t jump when they bang! I’ve slept downstairs in trucks for years and only ever got caught once!

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
We pulled in to a nice little services on the N11 at Cullenmore better than any of the toss we have to put up with food wise.

That’s something I miss about Ireland, the deli in every service station and the breakfast rolls, oh how I miss the breakfast rolls.

switchlogic:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
We pulled in to a nice little services on the N11 at Cullenmore better than any of the toss we have to put up with food wise.

That’s something I miss about Ireland, the deli in every service station and the breakfast rolls, oh how I miss the breakfast rolls.

I’m guessing you don’t get over to Ireland with Wykes then pal?

I assume you mean Whites?! No, they don’t do Ireland

switchlogic:

Would you never consider coming back over to work for the likes of Hannon/Dixon/McArdle/Tarrant?

It right Dixon and O’Toole are paying £150day gross for tramping frigo work■■?!!!

Big Truck:
It right Dixon and O’Toole are paying £150day gross for tramping frigo work■■?!!!

If that’s true I’m at the wrong place lol

Big Truck:

I think 130 euro is closer to the mark, Dixon’s about 880 for 7 days O’Toole is not far off the same have heard between 130 to 145 euro per day depending on who you talk to but would guess it is closer to the 130

hammertothefloor:

switchlogic:

Would you never consider coming back over to work for the likes of Hannon/Dixon/McArdle/Tarrant?

Never say never but probably not to be honest

switchlogic:
…Never say never but probably not to be honest…

You should consider it, we need more videos man!! More LDD videos! :smiley: :wink:

Big Truck:

£ sign was meant to be € sign!!![emoji52]

McCulla are paying €130gross/day plus potential €10day fuel bonus outta Ballymount J10 M50 depot.
Would that make them one of the higher payers but they still can’t get drivers!!!
Maybe due to “Postman” groupage work??

Big Truck:

Big Truck:

McCulla are paying €130gross/day plus potential €10day fuel bonus outta Ballymount J10 M50 depot.
Would that make them one of the higher payers but they still can’t get drivers!!!

€130 gross a day is nothing to get excited about even with the bonus. I get €155 before tax frigo tramping where I’m at

hammertothefloor:

Big Truck:

Big Truck:

€130 gross a day is nothing to get excited about even with the bonus. I get €155 before tax frigo tramping where I’m at

The figures I quoted are after tax

Mazzer2:

hammertothefloor:

Big Truck:

Big Truck:

The figures I quoted are after tax

I’ve heard O’Toole are on good money alright Mazzer2. Dixon isn’t meant to be bad either. But I’ve learnt very quickly to take anything I’m told on a boat with a pinch of salt though lol