First lesson with Twinway

Crack on mate, sounds as if you’re getting there now, I passed not long ago and one thing that really helped me was getting out of the drivers seat for 10 minutes and watching the instructor drive. That was on test day as well, really gave me a good understanding of just how slow and cautious to approach various situations because I’d be approaching them in a speed slow for a car, but no where near slow enough for a loaded class 2 vehicle.

All the best

I’ll mention doing that on Sunday, sounds like a good idea.

Been out again with Dan from Twinway and it’s all coming together now. Reverse procedure all good, Q n A all good and did a decent drive today. Did mess up once though. So, it looks like I just needed a bit more time for the penny to start dropping.

I did get him to drive for a few miles and I feel it did help. Seeing just how smooth you can drive if you read the road ahead was a great help.

Anyway, another couple of hours tomorrow to iron out any issues then in for my test at 1.30. So, if you live around Darlington, keep off the roads tomorrow :wink:

Yesterday felt like some sort of surreal dream.

Started the day at 11.30 with a final drive before the test at 1.30. Cocked up once or twice but better to do it now rather than on my test.

Got back to the test station and as another vehicle was in doing it’s reverse, we just went straight out. A chap called Trevor was my test examiner, seemed an alright kind of bloke. Had a very easy drive taking in a few of the major roads around Darlington before heading to a stint on some back roads. I wasn’t looking forward to this part as I know these roads are very tight and always have other HGV’s running along them. We then headed onto the A1M South for 8 miles before turning off for some more minor roads. Coming down a hill I spotted a car parked half way on my side of the road and noticed another car approaching but in the time it took me to think should I go or stop I was already at the parked car. I decided I wouldn’t be able able to make it passed the car without slowing the oncoming so did a bit of hard breaking. I figured I’d thrown my test at that point - no mirror checks either. Anyway, the rest of the drive was decent. Got back to the test center and did my reverse. Almost cocked it up as it felt a lot tighter than at the yard. Managed to slow myself down to think for a second then carried on the reverse. Got it in the bay with no shunts.

Trevor thanked me for a good drive and told me I’d passed with three minors. These were all to do with the hard breaking incident, so not a bad result at all!

Just my CPC practical to do now on the 17th then I can call myself a professional driver!

Congrats fella

:smiley: :smiley: