First days training -Class 2

had my first lesson with 1st Class Truckin this morning .Up with the birds for a 8 a.m start .
Told them when booking up that I was going to go for the Class 1 after…all being well . They recommended using their range box truck (or whatever the technical term is ) 4 over 4 ?

Had a few hairy moments .Pulled away in third, flick switch and into fifth. Crunched the gears a couple of times ,but on the whole not too bad, though must remember to flick down when sitting at the lighta .

Few times ,tried to pull off in 7th?? Could never remember what gear was where :blush: .

Straight up to the car park for the reversing exercise.No problems ,couple of times I went in not totally straight, and a couple of times I just nudged the barrier.once I realised you really needed to put your foot down on the brake I was OK .

After half a dozen or so goes it was out onto the country roads .Must admit I dont like driving on country roads in me car , I dont have a lot of need to use them to be honest. Clipped a couple of kerbs but on the whole a reasonable drive for first time in such a large vehicle with a strange gearbox.

Few little things to iron out ,basically all my bad habits , but feeling pretty confident that I can do it .Test is on Friday morning :open_mouth:

You will find that what was difficult today will be much easier tomorrow. Try and get some good rest so that you are clear and fresh for the next onslaught of tuition. Some of the time when I was learning I was out on my own with the instructor other times with another learner, I found that watching the other guy really helped, as you could see his mistakes and learn from them. Also if he ■■■■■ up a manouevre it makes you feel better.

Well ,the vehicle I am using only has two seats. So its going to be one to one all week.

Good luck SaltheWop.
Keep us posted :smiley:

2nd Day .
Late start today .11.30 am -5 pm . Nice having a lie in :laughing:

Went out for a drive round some of the test routes . Nice ,smooth drive for about an hour , then it all went to pot for 10 minutes .Wrong gears ,forgetting to switch between high and low range ,not leaving enough space between vehicle in front .

Positioning is better at approach to roundabouts now .Uphill and downhill starts no problem . Controlled Stop , no problem .Then came the gear changing exercise.First go was fine ,second not so good .Need to slow down a bit .Have a tendancy to rush everything . Sure it will come good in the end . Still need to use my mirrors a bit more ,and indicating when crossing the centre line needs to be a bit more consistant.When things go wrong I know exactly what I am doing wrong ,and what I should have done .Its just putting it all into practice .

smooth drive for about an hour , then it all went to pot for 10 minutes

I’m sure we all still have days like these.

stick with it sal - it will all come together