Fire extinguisher in trucks

steviespain:
New guys who don´t care what the modules are, just want the intital CPC are looking at cost, not content, I reckon.

< snip >

Personally, I think that intitial CPC should include First Aid and Fire stuff as mandatory with 7 hours of each per 5 years.

The rules for the initial DCPC and the periodic DCPC are quite different.

Drivers who were already ‘in the system’ by September 2009 were exempt from having to do the initial DCPC, so they just needed the periodic DCPC, which needed to be completed by September 2014. (That’s the one we’re discussing here.)
The reason for this is that a driver who’d passed their car driving test before 01/01/97 already had C1 because it came for free with a car licence.

If somebody passed their car driving test after 01/01/97, they only got a B licence (C1 was not automatically included after that date) and didn’t do at least C1 before September 9th 2009, they’d need the initial DCPC, followed by the 35hrs periodic DCPC within 5yrs of passing their Mod 4 test if they want continuous DCPC entitlement.

scottie0011:
Yes thats how it’s done up here as standard, class 1 and 7 are added for the benefit of the oil industry to cover any eventuality, as for whats written for the last 7 hours, I don’t have a clue but I think I will be doing the course in the near future so I will try and find out and let you know :wink:

That would be great scottie0011, I’d be really interested to see how they do that.

My guess is that it’s the first 3.5hrs of each of the two classes put together to make one 7hr ‘chunk,’ which is pretty much how some providers work it for the ADR tanker module.