Filthy wagon

If I’m agency day shift,I’ll do the run,and return the motor in a slightly worse state than when I picked it up.
If it’s a ■■■■ heap

On a day shift I’d drive any old heap of ■■■■ (remember Iceland Enfields F10’s?!) but trapping in a ■■■■ tip is a no from me to be honest. Doesn’t need to be sparkling just generally tidy. Though I did do a night out in one of the aforementioned F10’s once

It never ceases to amaze me how many drivers turn up to cover my company vehicle when I’m on Holiday and actually spend a week in it. Not only that it’s spotless when I get back.

Not even my trademark ■■■■ on the steering wheel party peice puts these buggers off.
It’s now becoming a bit of a challenge but I reckon cooking a ■■■ in the microwave should be a game changer.

Mine goes out every week end so you sort of just expect it to be honest , but I still think out of the 4/5 drivers the t/ o say have been in it , one of them could have given it a wipe over etc , it’s spotless when I leave it on a Friday afternoon so it shouldn’t take much to keep it like that over the weekend , but 75 % of the time it’s a tip by Monday & I just get on and clean and t up , defeats you a bit but as I say you just become accustomed to it

Personally I think if a company knows your starting as a tramper they should atleast give you a tidy wagon to start with. You don’t expect to get Buckingham palace but I don’t think it’s alot to ask for it to be fuelled up and free of rubbish. It’s not a good first impression really is it. Each to there own but I’m not cleaning up some skip rats filth.

I don’t believe I’ve seen so many manginas in one place since Mumsnet had a ‘bring you boyfriend to the forum’ day… :wink:

It’s very sad indeed that grown men feel the need to pick their nose and wipe the contents on the side of a drivers seat. It’s equally sad when they leave/hide apple cores, stuff rubbish into any recess available and manage to get their fat sweaty arses onto a bunk without the effort of removing dirty work boots.

Many, many unhygienic fat tools driving trucks in my opinion with no pride in themselves or their working practices. No wonder the public don’t like us…

DaveyCrocket:

steviespain:

DaveyCrocket:
I’d tell them I’m happy to clean it on paid time or else walk away.

No. Effin. way.

I just think that it’s not necessarily the company’s fault if a truck is a tip so why not compromise & get paid to clean it? But if that’s beneath you, princess, that’s your choice :sunglasses:

Ex army,mate. Been around the world and cleaned most of it. Getting my mitts dirty isn´t the problem.

Dusty, a few Worthers Originals papers on the floor, crisp packets, sure I can do those.
But the greasy wheel, food stains, bottles of ■■■■, old takeaway cartons? Nope, not a hope in hell of me clearing that ■■■■ up.

No, the most I would do is, as has been suggested, grab a shiny 25 pound coin from petty cash and eff off to the ■■■■■■■ washdown/valet mob.

BTW, I loved the “Princess”, made my day. Thanks :smiley:

eagerbeaver:
It’s very sad indeed that grown men feel the need to pick their nose and wipe the contents on the side of a drivers seat. It’s equally sad when they leave/hide apple cores, stuff rubbish into any recess available and manage to get their fat sweaty arses onto a bunk without the effort of removing dirty work boots.

Many, many unhygienic fat tools driving trucks in my opinion with no pride in themselves or their working practices. No wonder the public don’t like us…

At least they make those of us with a bit of pride and no fear of cleaning look good.

I hate dirty trucks and try to keep mine spotless inside and out and the company know it. My truck is in the shop having repairs to the emissions system and yesterday as I was waiting at the dealership I was told the parts had not arrived, any other driver whould have taken a spare truck as there was one sitting there empty, I carry so much valuable equipment with me that it can take a couple of hours to change trucks and the boss knows that, I opened the door to the spare and saw how filthy it was and said f**k that, I refused to even think about putting my bedding in that filthy tip. I was told that I could take it home to spend the night with my missus and return it this morning, which I did. Sitting all day at the dealers today and they tell me at 2.00pm “Your parts have still no arrived”
I called the manager and told him, he sent a guy to collect me and they gave me a new company pick up truck to come home again.

Any other company in the USA would insist I either take the spare truck or leave, they understand that I will not use a dirty truck.

It’s basic common decency i would have thought to provide trampers with a tidy motor. It’s a sad indictment of working conditions in this industry that drivers out there might be getting grief / labelled a trouble caused for not wanting to live in a hovel.

On day work, I would wipe the bits I’m going to touch with a wet wipe and bring it back as I found it, if I’ve got to sleep in it, then it will be spotless before I put my gear in it, I’ve got no problem doing it myself, as long as I’m reimbursed for time and materials. An hour with a brush and a bottle of bathroom cleaner will get even the grubbiest interior clean, a towel over a dirty seat will stop the transfer of imbedded dirt to your clothes and an extra quilt to lay on will keep your body off the bunk surfaces, it’ll all go in the wash at the end of the week and be clean again, so it’s no big deal, I wouldn’t walk off the job unless they insisted I leave before giving it a scrub or paying me for the time to do said scrubbing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last company i drove with used to valet the truck when a driver left, as it’s all tramping work.
This was regardless of whether it was clean or not, it just creates a good atmosphere for a new driver getting in the cab.
However if it was left in a bad way the money was deducted for cleaning from the final pay packet, and yes this was explained when starting work there.
Mind you this didn’t happen often as the boss checked, you got one warning to tidy your cab. Second time it was see you later.
If they’re a cab rat and take no pride his argument was well how do they treat my customers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk