Keeping your wagon clean

Right, so a couple of months ago, I starting working for an agency driving bin wagons, and so far, the only gripe I have, is that nobody seems to give two hoots about the cleanliness of the interior of their vehicles! Every one seems to be filthy! dashboards covered in dust and splashes of soda, you name it, it seems to be there… the only clean thing inside those wagons is the seats! Either way, on my break, I spend 10 minutes or so using the wetwipes to clean off the dash and controls to a reasonable standard, and every morning I clean the windows and mirrors so I can see where I’m going (and reversing into)… I don’t know if I’m just a picky old cow, or if this is normal for the waste relocation industry, but so far, it’s the only thing that’s ‘‘doing my head in’’… apart from the inability of my colleagues to construct coherent sentences… but I expected that…

So is it normal for this industry to be happy driving around in a bin (pun intended) or is it just me?

No I like the inside also the outside of my wagon to be clean

u aint the only one to feel like that. when i started my job a month ago i was given a daf cf75 56 plate mixer it is a mess inside and out old concrete on the drum and on the back end the shutes. the owner of the truck thinks thats ok but id rather the customers see a clean truck than dirty. lol best part im off up the midlands end of the week to have a new drum put on i hope.

Same here my friend I like it clean and shiny.

Most double shifted motors are filthy! The only way to have a clean truck is to have your “own”.

it’s always the same in the refuse industry. I done 4 months driving bin lorries and each one of them was always filthy.

I use a different motor most days i use wet wipes at the start of my shift to clean all the controls i find most are kept clean untill an agency driver as been at the helm . then :! its your place of work at the end of the day , hate to see inside some of there homes .

blindspot:
I use a different motor most days i use wet wipes at the start of my shift to clean all the controls i find most are kept clean untill an agency driver as been at the helm . then :! its your place of work at the end of the day , hate to see inside some of there homes .

Would agree on the homes part but dont alway blame the agency driver as I have done that & left a motor cleaner than when I got in it after regular driver

Saaamon:
Most double shifted motors are filthy! The only way to have a clean truck is to have your “own”.

Not so. For a couple of years I drove an ERF on nights and another lad had it on days. We both kept it tidy, always dieseled up at the end of the shift, looked out for oil and water and washed down if we could. It worked - until he left and I came off the road. Within months that vehicle was the yard shunter - filthy, windows left open in the rain, cannibalised by fitters, it was heartbreaking to see.

animal:

blindspot:

Would agree on the homes part but dont alway blame the agency driver as I have done that & left a motor cleaner than when I got in it after regular driver

Doesn’t matter.

If you’re agency… you will always be the one responsible for anything that is later found wrong with the vehicle. Or any discrepancies that pop up with deliveries, etc, etc… That’s just the way it is… part & parcel of being an agency driver. You’re disposable, and much easier to blame without repercussion

(This is regardless of how well you actually do happen to do your job - which very seldom will get recognised or acknowledged if you did, in fact, do it well)

Not having a dig , but if ur only in a truck one night or day u tend not to be as careful as you would if you were out in it all week ,

Leave it as you find i say… if its clean and tidy i allways made sure i didnt leave anything behind , ive had bad wagons when theres been a months worth of chip wrapers chrisp packets mouldy sarnys… shares in empty coke cans and i thought this bloke was doing his bit for recycling… how they live like it is beyond me.