Clean Motors. Inside and out

Says you have a pride in the job you do, but if most of the drivers in your fleet (bar one having the odd bad day here and their) keep theirs clean, then I think it says a lot for the moral of the fleet.

Similarly, if a large portion of the vehicles are not cleaned/kept tidy by the drivers, then it would say to me, morale is down for some reason and something needs doing about it.

Personally, I’m lucky, because no one wants to drive the wagon & drags, each driver has their own vehicle. This goes a long way towards me not thinking [zb] it, the last driver left it in a mess, so I’m not clearing up. Moral down.

When I was doing agency work, I used to leave the vehicle as I found it. I still think the moral thing rings true though. Opinions anyone?

When I was an agency driver, which was only four days ago :p, I found that I usually ended up leaving the motor cleaner than I found it.

I now have my own, permanent motor, which is pretty darn clean on the inside. Unfortunately, I can’t keep the footwells clean as I’m on and off building sites a lot, but the upper half of the cab is spiffy. I decided to spend a bit of money on a fancy air freshener instead of one of those cheap trees and it smells gorgeous.

I was going to ask - does anyone know f it is possible to buy and fit sme sort of shelf? It’d be hand to have some books with me.

I agree with that, Liberace.

Where I used to work, i didn’t like the management (or the job much, for that matter) so at the end of the day I couldn’t be bothered to clean down my wagon, I just wanted to go home. As for the inside, I was delivering to building sites all day so it got really muddy & dusty. Horrible on a night out. I kept it as clean as I could but the minute I had a day off and someone else used my wagon, it just got muddied up again :angry:

I drive any one of a dozen units but will always clean it when I’ve finished with it, and I have to say so do all the other Hanley’s drivers, so you are pretty much assured of getting a clean unit.

Only the Trampers get their own unit.

If you do get a unit that’s not very clean, I’m sorry to say its usually after an Agy driver, chances are there’s no diesel in it either. :unamused:

I alway’s like to keep it clean.But when i go on holiday and on my return i find it in zb state,it really annoy’s me. And i start to think that some of these agency driver’s :open_mouth: are dirty git’s,i wouldn’t like to see the state of their house’s. :wink:

I share the unit with a night driver. the driver thats just left used to keep the inside clean (he had the time he was parked up 2-3 hours every night) and I kept the outside clean. Got a new night driver and I think he’ll do the same. but we both leave it tidy so it dosen’t really get in a mess.
On the subject of airfreshners the other night driver has one that lets off a squirt of airfreshner every so often. Used his unit a couple of times took me ages to work out where the smell was coming from. works well though.
New night driver smokes which is a pain.

im on agency and i leave every lorry as i found it if its empty when i get it i will leave it empty if its dirty it stays dirty but i will always tell mangement that its filthy.
if the lorry is clean i will have a look for some polish and give it a clean before i leave sometimes i get a chance il will wash it off.
i agree with scavenger i dont fuss to much over the driver footwell il just sweep it out cos that would be a never ending job.

so all off you just think on dont be always blaming the agency driver.
1, did you leave it with a full tank
2, is your lorry clean to start with.

Dapper Scavenger:
I was going to ask - does anyone know if it’s possible to buy and fit some sort of shelf? It’d be hand to have some books with me.

Depends on where you want the shelf Dapper. Most of the truck accessory dealers do shelves to sit on top of the dash-board, but if you want it for books one of those wouldn’t really be much good. You would obscure your vision too much, the shelves can be bad enough, without books stood on top of them. They can be anything from £10 (maybe) to £50.

An alternative to buying a dash top shelf is making one. Borrow a bought one off a workmate or someone else who uses the same make of wagon. Use that to make a template of the ends (where they are shaped to sit on the dash), and you (or another mate, handy with woodworking tools) could knock one up in a weekend. For a proper job, finish it off the next W/E. That might cost £5, including some trim and paint, and you coud probably put that fake walnut veneer on it for that price too.

P.S. No I’m not volunteering :stuck_out_tongue: .

i have just taken over a motor as well, unfortunatly it has been drivern by no end of agy drivers and she was minging inside and out :imp: :imp: :imp:
before i started the clean up operation i got my boss to come and have a look and she was discusted at the state it was in. she told me i couldnt live and work with it in that state and take as much time as i needed to make it habitable.
i have just spend 2.5 hours washing it this afternoon, it took this long as it was covered in bug splats and crap.
she is now gleaming inside and out, and if it rains on monday i ant going out :laughing: :laughing:
chris

Oh dear!

My truck is kinda a bit manky.

(Just me, myself and i using it.)

:smiley: Smells gorgeous tho!

:open_mouth: What’s that? You’ll take my word for it…

eh jaqi you mean to say you havent got a whole host of cleaning products in the bottomless hand bag, with the steamcleaner, dust pan and brush and the kitchen sink :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
the amount of stuff a woman can fit in her handbag, putting 150m3 on a 100m3 trailor should be no problem at all :wink: :wink:
chris

i’m on my 3rd new truck in 3 years and the only reason i always get the new truck on the fleet is because i keep them immaculate inside and out as best as i possibly can.
this will be the last new truck i have for a while because my boss has bought it whereas before every truck was leased, he still leases 2 other trucks and one of them used to be my last truck, the other truck has just been replaced with a new r series but the old truck that it replaced was my first new truck, although i had it only 7 months before passing it down to the other driver it was spotless which is more than i can say for when he passed it on to the new driver.
i even polish then up when they’re new because they don’t come clean enough.
when i used to do agency work i always carried my own polishing/cleaning gear and cleaned every truck before i finished with it - there was one exception which the employer had told me not to clean after i made a complaint about the condition of it’s interior - he gave it back to the driver (also from the same agency) who had had it from collection at the hire company, he gave me one of the regular drivers trucks - which was quite clean.