Feeling abandoned (furlough) any one else

bristolrob:

ezydriver:
Mk3? Please let it be! :laughing: They’re all but impossible to find nowadays.

I wish :laughing: i got a mk4, but a very early one, on a c plate. That was rare enough to find, last time i seen a mk3 for sale it was hanging and demanding crazy money :open_mouth:

i’ve got an ■■■■■■ van mk2 i use as my daily, non of this front wheel drive bollox
but i must admit that the mk3 vans are getting really thin on the ground

vannin:
i must admit that the mk3 vans are getting really thin on the ground

That’ll be the rusty floors, though you could go all Fred flintstone to save fuel :laughing:

blue estate:

toonsy:
Its all free money until taxes rise to pay for it. Oh wait the politicians said that wint happen. Guess it must be true then?

Many measures put in place should be applauded but again there’s always the other side of the coin. Have a break from paying the mortgage/loan/card/car is all well and good, it wint impact your credit rating, but what about the other side like myself who has continued to pay everything, because I don’t need a break because I’ve not overextended myself in the first place. Will there be a positive added to my credit rating? After all my finances, and others in similar boats, must be fairly financially nukeproof to carry on as normal in a recession “the likes of which has never been seen before”

even with my total out goings I’ve still got at least £500 spare from furlough money

Yeah I wasn’t aiming it at you, it was in general. I’ve got mates who have stopped everything, still working, just bulking the cash up for a holiday :unamused: because they can get away with it and its not costing them right this second

toonsy:

blue estate:

toonsy:
Its all free money until taxes rise to pay for it. Oh wait the politicians said that wint happen. Guess it must be true then?

Many measures put in place should be applauded but again there’s always the other side of the coin. Have a break from paying the mortgage/loan/card/car is all well and good, it wint impact your credit rating, but what about the other side like myself who has continued to pay everything, because I don’t need a break because I’ve not overextended myself in the first place. Will there be a positive added to my credit rating? After all my finances, and others in similar boats, must be fairly financially nukeproof to carry on as normal in a recession “the likes of which has never been seen before”

even with my total out goings I’ve still got at least £500 spare from furlough money

Yeah I wasn’t aiming it at you, it was in general. I’ve got mates who have stopped everything, still working, just bulking the cash up for a holiday :unamused: because they can get away with it and its not costing them right this second

That will bite them back as they’re still getting interest building up [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while in furlough

blue estate:

toonsy:

blue estate:

toonsy:

That will bite them back as they’re still getting interest building up [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while in furlough

Yeah but worry about that later. Then they’ll moan about how unfair it is too.

I’m on my 2nd week back off furlough and christ its depressing. I wish i’d have not volunteered to go in.

All anybody is talking about is mass redundancies, voluntary redundancies and what dire straits the company is in. I’m very close to handing my notice in and going back driving, cba with all the doom and gloom.

I’m back Monday after ten weeks off,first job for me is book a fortnight’s holiday then plan how many weeks off sick I can screw out of them,on wages of course,ten weeks with no communication at all,so ■■■■ em I will be skiving for the rest of the year,goes against the grain but why not.

I’ve text the team leader today to try and find out what’s going on. Nobody seems to know anything at our place. He reckons at least July before they start getting us back in!
It’s like waiting for the electric chair!

nomiS36:
I’ve text the team leader today to try and find out what’s going on. Nobody seems to know anything at our place. He reckons at least July before they start getting us back in!

Most places were back this week so if your place still doesn’t have a clue then that means they don’t have any work. You should be looking for a new job as it’s unlikely there’ll be one for you to go back to in July.

Mates I did work with were furloughed , they’ve now been given the option of comming back to work but there work place will relocate from 50-70 miles away from there present work place ( there day shift drivers ) , this will be a permanent transfer not a temporary transfer , they’ve opted to take redundancy instead

R420:

nomiS36:

Most places were back this week so if your place still doesn’t have a clue then that means they don’t have any work. You should be looking for a new job as it’s unlikely there’ll be one for you to go back to in July.

Normally I’d agree but my job is own account. In other words, I work for a company that makes products mainly for new build houses and the trucks are their own.
The factory is up and running but with a very small amount of production staff.
We will be quiet because the building sites are not fully operational but it will come back eventually.
Unless the whole company goes under I will have a job to go back to…eventually.

Now getting txts offering £200 for recommending a driver , this is on top of a o/t weekend rate rise , so I’d not listen to the doom & gloom , there is work out there if you get finished after furlough

Rinse and repeat , as you were

dozy:
Now getting txts offering £200 for recommending a driver , this is on top of a o/t weekend rate rise , so I’d not listen to the doom & gloom , there is work out there if you get finished after furlough

Did you ever see someone show you that £200 on a payslip?

…Or is it always just an empty promise to get people onto their books, which they are not then obliged to “deliver on the promise”, until “That person has done 100 hours of work for said agency” for instance?

Having been through a large number of agencies, there were only about four that ever gave me over 100 hours ever - with two of those four taking over a year to get me to that point.

“Driver who recommended you” will likely be LONG gone by the time they qualify for that payment, and are thus unlikely to still be there to actually know when to CLAIM it.

“£200 to a driver you can recommend that we’ll let you train up how to do your job, and then sack you, giving them your old job” - is another way of putting it.
Divide and Conquer.

In a Deflationary Economy - the best players of the “Race to the Bottom” game - WINS.

“Just In TIme” probably won’t work any more, and the Gig Economy will likely soon be brought down by people having their houses re-possesed that used to make up the bulk of “Shift Chasers” on agency.
Even Bank Lenders look more kindly on those who manage to get a new full time job at a lower rate, than someone holding out for higher rates like I used to - only to be the first thrown under the bus come “Black Swan” day…

I wonder who the first large firm that offers a whole block of full time contracts out directly to new drivers will be?

…If PAYE drivers get their pay uplifted to that of Self-Employed Contractos… Guess which firms are going to only take on “Contractors” IF they are “Self-Employed” in future? :neutral_face:

dozy:
Mates I did work with were furloughed , they’ve now been given the option of comming back to work but there work place will relocate from 50-70 miles away from there present work place ( there day shift drivers ) , this will be a permanent transfer not a temporary transfer , they’ve opted to take redundancy instead

That sounds like the deal at Brakes I got offered - Transfer to artic work out of Harlow, Stay at Aylesford - but on C2 work early doors - or take Redundancy.

I took the Redundancy. No way I could make it pay crossing the river and a 100mile around trip every day, “five day week” as well.
That was over £100 per week in petrol alone at the time, plus 10 dartford crossing tolls, not to mention 15 hours of my time wasted commuting - for the same money?
No thanks.

The C2 job locally - dropped by £5kpa the following year, so I didn’t take that neither.

A couple of the other guys expressed an interest, so then the firm had to admit that there was only actually TWO artic jobs being kept (there were nine of us) meaning that we had been invited to backstab each other in order to get that job, you know - grass each other up, refer to “incidents” the firm might not know about, etc.

I’d already walked by that point, so that didn’t affect me.

They laid me off just before my third anniversary there as well, to presumably try and get out of paying me an extra year’s worth of redundancy money… Shot themselves in the foot there though, because the serverance payment I was then entitled to for leaving “suddenly”, ended up being more than the single month’s redundancy “extra” that I now didn’t qualify for… :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :grimacing:
…I dropped into Staffline on the way home that day, and was thus “employed” within 90 minutes of walking out of Brakes Yard for the last time… But of course, I came a cropper there eventually, thanks to this lockdown that rumbles on…

Went in this morning to sort out cab and bring bedding home for a wash and got chatting to TM and now I’m back at work from Tuesday

Sent while in furlough

blue estate:
Went in this morning to sort out cab and bring bedding home for a wash and got chatting to TM and now I’m back at work from Tuesday

Sent while in furlough

Do you judge that to be a good thing or a bad thing? Not having a pop, just curious. Myself I’ve not been furloughed, part of me is quite envious towards those that have.

blue estate:

Sent while in furlough

That’ll teach ya. :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

blue estate:

Sent while in furlough

That’ll teach ya. :laughing: :laughing:

It did help that he was looking at the loads and the drivers and the drivers he wanted to use for X load had to be in Y place the next day so it wasn’t adding up
So he popped the question and I said yep

Sent while in furlough

robroy:

blue estate:
The ones that have gone back or stayed working are
1 new guy who’s long term mates with TM

Really?
I reckon if I was the TM, and that guy was MY mate, I’d have HIM on furlough, BECAUSE he was my mate, and you working, (if that’s what you wanted.)
(Not being arsey towards you here btw mate :wink: :smiley: , just making a point.)

+1