Another furlough question

just looking for views and opinions on this , My Brother has been on the phone and is raging. His employer told him he was on furlough as no work and he would put in a claim for the 80% ,that was mid march, so far no money, and last night an email from his employer saying he is still waiting to hear back about the furlough wages. I thought the wages were paid 6 days after application. So far He’s not had any money for the last 7 weeks and I’m lending him some dosh , And I’m out of work, got the dunt when I had to shield and no income either.
opinions please

teatime:
just looking for views and opinions on this , My Brother has been on the phone and is raging. His employer told him he was on furlough as no work and he would put in a claim for the 80% ,that was mid march, so far no money, and last night an email from his employer saying he is still waiting to hear back about the furlough wages. I thought the wages were paid 6 days after application. So far He’s not had any money for the last 7 weeks and I’m lending him some dosh , And I’m out of work, got the dunt when I had to shield and no income either.
opinions please

When did he get put on furlough?

UKtramp:

teatime:
opinions please

When did he get put on furlough?

He was sent home on the 20th march and told the application would be put in on the 20th april when it was operational, not even had his owing wages

If he was put on furlough on 20th March then his company would indeed have received his furlough pay through HMRC, they obviously haven’t paid this money him which is totally illegal. He needs to report them to HMRC as this is fraudulent. HMRC will investigate it as they take a very dim view of this. Sounds like his company have used the money on other things.

If he was put on furlough on 20th March then his company would indeed have received his furlough pay through HMRC, they obviously haven’t paid this money him which is totally illegal. He needs to report them to HMRC as this is fraudulent. HMRC will investigate it as they take a very dim view of this. Sounds like his company have used the money on other things.

is he working for a cowboy outfit? i was furloughed 1st April,and received my 80% pay on the usual date,the 25th.

I was furloughed 6weeks ago on Monday past and have been paid my 80% on the same day every week as normal. Looks like we’re gonna find out who the decent employers are because of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be getting out when possible. Sounds like there has been an issue, but it also sounds like the firm hasn’t got a pot to pee in and that spells trouble for the future.

My lot paid us every Friday at 80% even though the scheme hadn’t opened.

Going to sort some bad eggs out this is hopefully.

Thanks for the replies , I have told Brother to look at this post, (any one got the number for the Samaritans :smiley: ) seriously I think a few phone calls on Monday , if any one answerers the phone , the dwp just rings out so I havent signed on, I hope HMRC are a bit better to get hold of .
Of maybe an “essential” visit to the office…

I was put on it about a month ago .company said at time once they receive it from govemnet they will forward it on to us.
I was unsure about it all really

but be fair had to wait a few weeks but it all came through. 1st payment was backdated 3 weeks and ever since being paid weekly now.

If i was him i would be on the phone to the Union legal team to find out. Our lot have been paying everyone on time.

carryfast-yeti:
is he working for a cowboy outfit? i was furloughed 1st April,and received my 80% pay on the usual date,the 25th.

My boss has paid me the 80% weekly from 1st April out of his own pocket till he’d got Gov cash

teatime:
Thanks for the replies , I have told Brother to look at this post, (any one got the number for the Samaritans :smiley: ) seriously I think a few phone calls on Monday , if any one answerers the phone , the dwp just rings out so I havent signed on, I hope HMRC are a bit better to get hold of .
Of maybe an “essential” visit to the office…

I would check the London gazette as well , just encase :imp:

blue estate:
I would check the London gazette as well , just encase :imp:

In such situations I gather you should be covered by Govt scheme. How the furlough spell is regarded as unpaid wages as you were not actually working might be a grey area though.

gov.uk/your-rights-if-your- … -insolvent

Been furloughed for 6 weeks and I’ve been paid my 80% every week from week 1.

Even my agency furloughed me in the first week and paid me. They’ve lost the money because they had me back in the following week so can’t claim but that’s their problem.

By way of an update , Brother went in to see his boss, the office locked but some of the vehicles are out on work, but no reply from the mobiles. So he calls the DWP and explains the situation ie no wage, short on money for house keeping etc etc , a long call and he is told to sign on to start the ball rolling and they will look into the furlough thing and to call citizens advice as well, in the mean time they said they will make an advance payment of bru money, should hit bank Wednesday, bet I dont see my tenner back !

Its clear hes being avoided by the Boss, but if I was your brother Id spend a couple of hours parked close to the yard and wait for the Boss to show up then confront him, maybe then theres a chance to get the cash in his hand, or transferred to his account before he leaves the yard.

We went down to the office this afternoon and he was in but wouldn’t open the door or answer the phone to talk to us. so we emailed him for some answers, I doubt that would happen so on the bru its is , I’ve signed on too as basicly my situation is the same but I have some savings . Some of the trucks are on the go deffo something stinks .
We’re just going to leave it with the DWP.

Stay safe