Feeling abandoned (furlough) any one else

cgscott:
If you want to work that much volunteer to drive for say home deliveries. Dont take a wage as your getting paid anyway. Or is it the being saluted as you leave the yard in the mornin you miss and serneaded when you get back in at night?

Just buy your burgers and baps and enjoy the sun. I havent had a day off at all since lockdown.

I dont envy the furlough peeps but i wouldnt mind being in that situation. Free money?

Another bitter one.

R420:

Juddian:
I also don’t get why those being called back into work are automatically brown nosing either, presumably the company have called people back in who are the most reliable/productive/economical workers they have or maybe their particular speciality is of the most benefit to the company at the time, maybe those called back in are more likely to be retained permanently, assuming the company can keep trading.

Agreed. Those called back in to work as the ones seen as being assets to the company and would want to retain them. Those left on furlough are useless ones and troublecausers who are first in line when the inevitable redundancies are announced.

Edit: should have read post properly to start with.

■■■■■■■■

R420:

Juddian:
I also don’t get why those being called back into work are automatically brown nosing either, presumably the company have called people back in who are the most reliable/productive/economical workers they have or maybe their particular speciality is of the most benefit to the company at the time, maybe those called back in are more likely to be retained permanently, assuming the company can keep trading.

Agreed. Those called back in to work as the ones seen as being assets to the company and would want to retain them. Those left on furlough are useless ones and troublecausers who are first in line when the inevitable redundancies are announced.

Edit: should have read post properly to start with.

This ones a troll anyway,to be ignored

It’s the very early stages of mild panic starting to set in, that’s the real reason drivers are throwing brown. Nose jibes That 80% furlough will end soon, then what? At some point the banks and finance company’s are gonna have to start looking for repayments, all those flash Harry’s living beyond there means, I don’t think a lot of people on here realise just how messy this could get. The government have already realised, hence there going against the advice of scientists and trying to get the ball rolling, we as people can’t be scared forever. As for foreign holidays, stay home spend your money here, save your own economy.

bobbya:

cgscott:
If you want to work that much volunteer to drive for say home deliveries. Dont take a wage as your getting paid anyway. Or is it the being saluted as you leave the yard in the mornin you miss and serneaded when you get back in at night?

Just buy your burgers and baps and enjoy the sun. I havent had a day off at all since lockdown.

I dont envy the furlough peeps but i wouldnt mind being in that situation. Free money?

Another bitter one.

No bitterness here. Ive worked straight through.

You think because you have sat in big seats for £9 an hour your king of the road. Bigger the truck smaller the ■■■■■ type. Hand on to your free money. We will pay in the end but by this time all the old timers will be pushing up daisies. Leave it to the young snowflakes now. No need to rope and sheet now or chalk wheels with big timbers. Its 2020.

Worked straight through myself, the way I see it if you’re doing the job you’re in a better position than those that aren’t. No brown nosing involved as the ones put on furlough were those most at risk.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’ve been furloughed for nearly 10 weeks now! Well, I think I have! It’s 9 or 10, totally lost track of time but it was mid March when I last worked.
I can’t decide whether I’ll be glad to get my arse back in the saddle or not. Just when I start feeling like I’m getting bored I suddenly think of the alternative and think, hmmm, maybe I’m alright after all.
I’ve kept myself busy doing stuff to my car like a full suspension and steering overhaul.
I had the monthly email from the boss yesterday saying not much had changed so stay as you are. TBH, I’m ok with keeping mr. Fosters in business and having regular afternoon siestas but when all this is over it’s going to be tough getting back into it.

ezydriver:
Mk3? Please let it be! :laughing: They’re all but impossible to find nowadays.

I wish :laughing: i got a mk4, but a very early one, on a c plate. That was rare enough to find, last time i seen a mk3 for sale it was hanging and demanding crazy money :open_mouth:

cgscott:

bobbya:

cgscott:

Another bitter one.

No bitterness here. Ive worked straight through.

You think because you have sat in big seats for £9 an hour your king of the road. Bigger the truck smaller the ■■■■■ type. Hand on to your free money. We will pay in the end but by this time all the old timers will be pushing up daisies. Leave it to the young snowflakes now. No need to rope and sheet now or chalk wheels with big timbers. Its 2020.

??that’s just weird

My Son in Law has been furloughed since the start of lockdown,not by choice but being a gas service engineer with asthma the Company stood him down,as being vulnerable.
He has said with all the things he has been doing,at his leisure, he does not know how he has found time to work,and is beginning to like being at home.
Think he`s a bit jealous and wants to be a Professional Pensioner like me.

My theory is that the furlough scheme (or CJRS) is like a life support machine. When it gets switched off is when the real fight begins, and the redundancies will happen. Firms will have to pay their workers again, from their much shallower pockets. Which many places won’t be able to afford due to slower upturn in work, so redundancies will be the only option.

Nevertheless, I don’t think the amount of redundancies will be anywhere near the number that people imagined in March and April. But it will still get messy when the furlough umbilical cord is cut. If you’re still on furlough when this happens, good luck. The earlier you are back at work, the safer you are.

I can’t imagine Stobarts needing to make redundancies. When I was there 5 years ago, the rumour was the management wanted a manning level of 20% employed drivers, and 80% agency. So when times get tough and work dries up, they just knock the agencies on the head. I’m not sure if that happened, but they have a massive reliance on agencies. They’ll get rid of all the Logistics People and other full time employed agency drivers first, before touching their green shirts.

I heard from another driver that a Danish fridge haulier, shipping & logistics firm are making UK redundancies. A Somerset-based curtainsider firm with a fleet of blue Mercs has a depot near me, and dozens of it’s trucks have been parked up since March and literally haven’t moved an inch. Same with a local tipper company. Entire fleet not moved in over 2 months. Tomorrow morning will be an interesting drive to work, seeing if June 1st was what they were waiting for. I can’t help but think that if some firms aren’t on the road tomorrow, then they are in serious trouble.

The lockdown is inevitably having a big financial impact. Furloughing, although expensive, seems a good way to mitigate damage.
The sooner lockdown is over the better for the economy.
But.
The R number is only just below 1.
The tracking and tracing system is not yet fit for use. The phone app part of this isnt yet working. Testing figures are being routinely spun and lied about. . If we go back now will there be a sharp rise in infections again? Will there be a need to lockdown again, because it was let off too soon? . It is a question of balancing risk of higher death statistics against financial harm. It is, and always was, a political choice, in spite of the Gov suggesting otherwise. . I for one, aint confident the right choices are being made.
Yes we do need to get working again, but I wonder if we are jumping the gun here? If we get a new wave of infection because of systems not being in place then the lockdown will have achieved nothing substantial, except a delay in high infection rates.

Lockdown be damned. Everyone dies sometime. Nobody will ever know if lockdown helped or if it didn’t, but the question of whether or not the benefits of crashing a world economy outweighed the potential pandemic effects will be asked for many years to come.

Franglais:
The lockdown is inevitably having a big financial impact. Furloughing, although expensive, seems a good way to mitigate damage.
The sooner lockdown is over the better for the economy.
But.
The R number is only just below 1.
The tracking and tracing system is not yet fit for use. The phone app part of this isnt yet working. Testing figures are being routinely spun and lied about. . If we go back now will there be a sharp rise in infections again? Will there be a need to lockdown again, because it was let off too soon? . It is a question of balancing risk of higher death statistics against financial harm. It is, and always was, a political choice, in spite of the Gov suggesting otherwise. . I for one, aint confident the right choices are being made.
Yes we do need to get working again, but I wonder if we are jumping the gun here? If we get a new wave of infection because of systems not being in place then the lockdown will have achieved nothing substantial, except a delay in high infection rates.

I agree with that entirely.
Ok we have the different theories doing the rounds of conspiracy, hidden agenda, and false truths, which may or may not be accurate.
So everybody has to choose which one they subscribe to and how they deal with this as an unprecedented unknown quantity.
Me? I just keep an open mind, and err on the side of caution, and do my usual code of 'Keeping my head down and looking after no.1 and my family best I can.
I have not gone down the route of wearing masks, (military gas mask like one or two :laughing: ) or face covering, but I’ve washed and sanitized my hands more than I ever have, and tried to keep a distance when doing drops, but tbh I do tend to forget sometimes. :blush:

I reckon this easing lockdown is the herd immunity experiment through the back door, they know many people will interpret this as a ‘back to normal’ situation, so it’s an unofficial ‘Let’s sit back and see what happens’ stance from the Govt I reckon, because in real terms ■■■■ all has changed since the furlough scheme kicked off.

blue estate:

robroy:

blue estate:
The ones that have gone back or stayed working are
1 new guy who’s long term mates with TM

Really?
I reckon if I was the TM, and that guy was MY mate, I’d have HIM on furlough, BECAUSE he was my mate, and you working, (if that’s what you wanted.)
(Not being arsey towards you here btw mate :wink: :smiley: , just making a point.)

What makes me laugh the most Rob is that the boss paid for my class 1 and my 3 year retainer is not up till November so ultimately it’s he’s money he’s wasting

Or maybe he’s realised that he wasted that money already.

Its all free money until taxes rise to pay for it. Oh wait the politicians said that wint happen. Guess it must be true then?

Many measures put in place should be applauded but again there’s always the other side of the coin. Have a break from paying the mortgage/loan/card/car is all well and good, it wint impact your credit rating, but what about the other side like myself who has continued to pay everything, because I don’t need a break because I’ve not overextended myself in the first place. Will there be a positive added to my credit rating? After all my finances, and others in similar boats, must be fairly financially nukeproof to carry on as normal in a recession “the likes of which has never been seen before”

toonsy:
Its all free money until taxes rise to pay for it. Oh wait the politicians said that wint happen. Guess it must be true then?

Many measures put in place should be applauded but again there’s always the other side of the coin. Have a break from paying the mortgage/loan/card/car is all well and good, it wint impact your credit rating, but what about the other side like myself who has continued to pay everything, because I don’t need a break because I’ve not overextended myself in the first place. Will there be a positive added to my credit rating? After all my finances, and others in similar boats, must be fairly financially nukeproof to carry on as normal in a recession “the likes of which has never been seen before”

even with my total out goings I’ve still got at least £500 spare from furlough money

blue estate:

toonsy:

even with my total out goings I’ve still got at least £500 spare from furlough money

Geez a tap. Im a key worker. You greedy non working getting paid leech of society.

cgscott:

blue estate:

toonsy:

Geez a tap. Im a key worker. You greedy non working getting paid leech of society.

What about all the over time you’re getting then ■■?
I didn’t set the average wage criteria Mr Sunak did :unamused: :unamused:
This is the only the second time in 29 years I’ve got government hand outs

I had no conscience about Govt 80% handouts, under no illusions that it will need to be paid back sooner or later in one way or another either.
I’ve worked all of my adult life, (and even during the last year at school) so I’ve paid my fair share of contributions into the system.
The way I see it is,… I’d rather some of it came back to me than the usual, ie.it going to subsidise workshy deadlegs, and dregs of society to keep them in the lifestyle they’ve become accustomed to… whilst they are the only ones who can stay safe in total lockdown for as long as they want, while I’m back out on the road facing whatever the hell we could be facing.:imp: