Pandemic [Merged]

Just a question.
I’m on furlough.trying to find out if service stations etc are open or
Selling food
Or even if drivers are finding problems getting coffee or toilets

I’m hanging on for dear life here as I don’t know if I’m going to
get paid…
So it would be nice to know what’s going on.
I’m thinking I could do agency driving instead.

Is there food?
Is there toilets?
Is there even coffee?
I’m Furloughed off and need info I might go agency
driving. :frowning:

As I understand it the rules say if you’re furloughed you can’t go work somewhere else at the same time.

nomiS36:
As I understand it the rules say if you’re furloughed you can’t go work somewhere else at the same time.

Also check your works contract or you could be out of a job(gross misconduct ) if it says you can’t do work for any one else (My boss told us that as ours dose say that , )

nomiS36:

Actually the rules don’t say you can’t and kts even been encouraged to go work in some other industries…

However its dependent on what your current contract says. Mine said no, even though it wasn’t HGV driving I was going into and was just temporary Tesco van driver so that was stopped.

Plenty cash in hand gigs floating around though it seems…

Hi. You might do better in the Pro Driver’s Forum as they are out and about more probably. As for why you shouldn’t be paid, I dont understand. The employer gets money from the government and pays it to you. Otherwise, it’s fraud.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

nomiS36:

It’s been in place almost a month and a half and people still get this wrong. You CAN work somewhere else as long as your employer doesn’t prevent you from doing it.

Yes there is food although in MSAs it’ll be cold or whatever you can put in a WH Smiths microwave.

Yes there are toilets

Yes there is coffee.

Pete2:
Just a question.
I’m on furlough.trying to find out if service stations etc are open or
Selling food
Or even if drivers are finding problems getting coffee or toilets

I’m hanging on for dear life here as I don’t know if I’m going to
get paid…
So it would be nice to know what’s going on.
I’m thinking I could do agency driving instead.

I can’t answer the question about service stations ec’t but if you’ve been furloughed you should get paid.

By the way, there’s no law against doing another job while on furlough so you can legally do agency work even though you’ve been furloughed :slight_smile:

edit: I see this is a duplicate thread, maybe the mods could merge the two threads :exclamation:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165015

Conor:

nomiS36:

It’s been in place almost a month and a half and people still get this wrong. You CAN work somewhere else as long as your employer doesn’t prevent you from doing it.

Yes there is food although in MSAs it’ll be cold or whatever you can put in a WH Smiths microwave.

Yes there are toilets

Yes there is coffee.

Yes you can work elsewhere, plus, you only work for your usual company, they do not own you, all this stuff about ‘it says in my contract’ etc, why are you telling them what you’re doing when you are not physically at work?

There is a case for timing here…
Not knowing what’s going on it’s nice to get some sort of
picture
Thanks for the info on food etc
I haven’t even a back garden to sit in just going on what traffic
goes past…and it’s getting busier.
Timing just to see if I do get 80% of what I’m supposed to get
then I’ll ring the agency

Again thanks and don’t work too hard.

i’m thinking of doing a spot of fruit picking whilst i’m on furlough :wink:

I bet a cauliflower there is no one can produce a dated employment contract with the word Furlough in it that was agreed before October 2019.

There was a guy on the news driving a Tesco delivery van because his job was not available and he was on Furlough

I had to sign a paper to say that whilst on furlough I would not work for anybody else.
Obviously if I went driving for some other firm it would show up on my digi card.
I could understand this if the firm were making up the other 20% of my wage, as some are.

If I wanted to do non driving work, cash in hand I would, as somebody said they don’t own you…but I don’t

toonsy:

nomiS36:

Actually the rules don’t say you can’t and kts even been encouraged to go work in some other industries…

However its dependent on what your current contract says. Mine said no, even though it wasn’t HGV driving I was going into and was just temporary Tesco van driver so that was stopped.

Plenty cash in hand gigs floating around though it seems…

Aye make the most of that circumstanc.One of our freedoms in the ptb crosshairs if they roll out digi currency en masse as has been long in the planning.

Wheel Nut:
I bet a cauliflower there is no one can produce a dated employment contract with the word Furlough in it that was agreed before October 2019.

There doesn’t have to be, furlough is enshrined in British law which supersedes any employment contract. Another legal term is "forbearance " , that one will be raising its head soon enough.

tachograph:
By the way, there’s no law against doing another job while on furlough so you can legally do agency work even though you’ve been furloughed :slight_smile:

Not entirely correct, it depends on your employment contract whether or not your employer will allow you to do other work. They are still your employers and could ask you to do or be available for other work along with undertake any additional training etc, especially if you are receiving 100% of your wages. It is down to your employer under the furlough scheme even if you are only receiving the 80% although most employers will allow it but you must be available to return to work if required.

Under the furlough scheme you need to obtain permission from your current employer if you want to do other work for another company. It all depends on your employment contract, you could be asked to return to work or you may need to undertake additional training in which case you need to be available. If you break your furlough contract then you would lose your furlough pay & even your job. Best way s to get the permission from your employer to be sure. Some employers will only allow voluntary work to be undertaken for the likes of the NHS etc.

Only petrol stations open where you can get the usual sandwiches and that but coffee machines are off, you can still get served coffee behind the counter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silver_Surfer:
Only petrol stations open where you can get the usual sandwiches and that but coffee machines are off, you can still get served coffee behind the counter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Service station coffee machines are operating normally round here…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

take a kettle or a flask?