Exeter or Taunton Deane?

Exeter inn Update it’s now £25 inc vat which is parking ,shower main meal ( not inc pudding ) and a pint of your choice , log burner and 2 tv screens ,probably worth avoiding when football is on :laughing: ,muddy pot holed parking area ,showers stinks very mouldy but very hot and powerful ,freindly enough bloke ,better than msa !

Exeter services can be crowded
Normally there’s plenty of room in Taunton Dean

Punchy Dan:
Exeter inn Update it’s now £25 inc vat which is parking ,shower main meal ( not inc pudding ) and a pint of your choice , log burner and 2 tv screens ,probably worth avoiding when football is on :laughing: ,muddy pot holed parking area ,showers stinks very mouldy but very hot and powerful ,freindly enough bloke ,better than msa !

When did it go up Dan?
I was there just before Christmas and it was 20 quid.
If it is 25 I won’t be there again. :neutral_face:
What about the pub next door up with the park on opp side of road…how much is that?

Looks like recent the sign on the bar looked freshly smudged and a 5 penned on ,did see a lorry on the duke car park may be ill try it next time ,I’d tipped right by on the road closure twice last week and thought I’d be down Camborne but found enough time to get to Exeter (9:59:59 ) :laughing: so gave it a try .

Punchy Dan:
Looks like recent the sign on the bar looked freshly smudged and a 5 penned on ,did see a lorry on the duke car park may be ill try it next time ,I’d tipped right by on the road closure twice last week and thought I’d be down Camborne but found enough time to get to Exeter (9:59:59 ) :laughing: so gave it a try .

I was in The Duke a few weeks ago watching the football they have Sky Sports unlike the other one. They charge you to park on their bit opposite for whatever the value of your meal and drink is (if you see what I mean :wink: ) I think.
It looks a better lit up park as well, so maybe safer.

Let me know what it’s like bud,…and if you are there anytime I’ll.even let you buy me a pint :sunglasses: . :smiley:

Ye ok ,it will be a while before you get me one back ,I am ■■■■■■ on one :laughing:

Drive down to Exmouth. Free lorry park on the estuary (directly behind the train station) with spectacular views. Pubs, shops takeaways less than 5 mins walk.

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

I was in The Duke a few weeks ago watching the football they have Sky Sports unlike the other one. They charge you to park on their bit opposite for whatever the value of your meal and drink is (if you see what I mean :wink: ) I think.
It looks a better lit up park as well, so maybe safer.

Let me know what it’s like bud,…and if you are there anytime I’ll.even let you buy me a pint :sunglasses: . :smiley:

Yes tried the Duke last night just as you said :smiley: ,don’t expect to be watching sky sports though I’ve cut the ZB plug off ! :wink:

Deleted.
PM.d you Dan.

Update…
Went past ‘The Exeter Inn’ the other day, looks like it’s closed down.
Talked to a driver a few months ago, he said it had gone down the nick a bit, showers dodgy and dirty etc. :unamused:

‘Duke of York’ stil not doing meals since lockdown either. :unamused:

Heard The Exeter is going to be re opening, but not sure when.
Hoping they are still going to use the land as a truck park, and also hoping they will have Snap this time.
Anybody who hears anything…keep us posted. :bulb:
Cheers.

Have you tried Junction 24 truck stop M5?

Got 1 to 2 nights out down Devon tomorrow/Weds, seems a bit thin on the ground for overnight parking.
Which is better Exeter Services or up the road to Taunton Deane Services or is there anywhere else
recommended around Torquay/Exeter area??
Sorry double post

Got 1 to 2 nights out down Devon tomorrow/Weds, seems a bit thin on the ground for overnight parking.
Which is better Exeter Services or up the road to Taunton Deane Services or is there anywhere else

I was in Exeter 2 weeks ago, and the showers were knackered, so be warned as they may not be repaired, although they said it was a temporary problem…

There’s the Albion TS just off J23 towards Glastonbury in Zomerzet, (About 2/3 miles.) as I was going to stop there instead, but a friend of mine nighted out in Exeter as well, so I stayed there. Big mistake.

transportcafe.co.uk/albion_l … _stop.html

Ken.

Avoid the services personally,although I do drop in them for showers etc. You have a lorry park in Torquay (follow signs for the coach park) the same goes for Exmouth (town centre by the railway station) & my personal favourite at Clyst Honiton, off the M5 onto the A30 nthbound,1st slip road off into village,past 1st pub on the left & after about 300 yds there’s a lay by on the right with some truck parking behind it too (bit muddy) park up & go into the pub next door,order your meal & you’ll get a parking receipt for £15 foc :wink: ,= boss pays your parking & in doing so buys you a nice dinner & a coupla pints (everyone’s happy) :laughing:

Quinny:
I was in Exeter 2 weeks ago, and the showers were knackered, so be warned as they may not be repaired, although they said it was a temporary problem…

hopeful it’s temporary, they only refurbished them last year , you could actually turn round in them last time I was in there !!!

I occasionally shower there while on a 45 !!!

Antos:

I’ve never stopped there but there always seems to be several trucks parked in a muddy layby behind this pub

exeterinndevon.com/

you might need to get there early

I’ve merged the two posts into one so we can get all the replies in one place ! I hadn’t seen Flip’s post on the other thread before I posted the Exeter Inn link :blush:

Denis F:

Quinny:

hopeful it’s temporary, they only refurbished them last year , you could actually turn round in them last time I was in there !!!

I occasionally shower there while on a 45 !!!

And then I saw you the following morning Denis.

Ken.