EURO 5s with ULEZ exemption

Sorry if this has been discussed previously…I am the market for a 26t’r that will avoid the new ULEZ fees and I have noticed that some 2014 Euro 5s come up as “NO ULEZ/LEZ DUE FOR THIS VEHICLE” on the TFL site (tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check- … icle-35896)

For example:
HN63 XWB (DAF CF 75.310 Euro 5)
HX14 VYZ (2014 DAF CF75 310 Euro 5)

Anybody know why as the guidelines clearly state Euro 6 are exempt only…

I think euro 6 was introduced on 31 December 13, but euro 5s built before then but not registered had 12months grace to be registered.
Tfl site properly uses any thing after 31/12/13 as compliant with euro6, I also think there was some thing similar with late euro 2`s when the LEZ first came in with euro 3.

interesting, lets hope seller doesnt know about it or will price truck dear…

Having looked around there is quite a few 2014 EURO5s I can find that dont trigger the ULEZ/LEZ charge so I think you must be right Pig Pen.

Of course I dont know if these will cheat the ULEZ zone fees in the new counties like Manchester etc

Can someone please explain to me how an old cancer producing Merc (814/1314) can be ULEZ compliant E767KPV ?

dave docwra:
Can someone please explain to me how an old cancer producing Merc (814/1314) can be ULEZ compliant E767KPV ?

Probably similar ‘reasons’ as to why an existing registered Euro 4 diesel is ok by TFL for private taxi work but no way will they provide a new registration for a Euro 5 petrol.IE don’t want to upset a certain demographic.

dave docwra:

1987 E reg?
Possibly classed as a classic vehicle?

dave docwra:

It can’t be ,it can be euro 4 but nothing more.

"You confirmed your vehicle as:

E 767 KPV
White MERCEDES
You are subject to the ULEZ. If you drive within the zone you need to pay the daily ULEZ charge. This is because your vehicle does not meet the ULEZ standards."
tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra- … rm-checker

Franglais:

E 767 KPV
White MERCEDES
You are subject to the ULEZ. If you drive within the zone you need to pay the daily ULEZ charge. This is because your vehicle does not meet the ULEZ standards."

Try this one,

tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check- … icle-35896

Punchy Dan:

dave docwra:

1988 would it be any euro at all?

dave docwra:

Punchy Dan:

dave docwra:

1988 would it be any euro at all?

You can put an exhaust filter on anything more or less to meet euro 4

dave docwra:

Franglais:

E 767 KPV
White MERCEDES

Try this one,

tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check- … icle-35896

Truly bizarre.
The TFL website contradicts itself.

The owner purchased this vehicle just before the ULEZ come into force to replace his 61 plate Atego which was not compliant, and has been using this old Merc in central London since with no issues.