LEZ loophole?

Did anyone read the letter in CM from a chap that claims to have found a slight loophole in the Euro 4 debacle.

Iirc, 56 plate Euro 3 motors may be ok and he advises operators to try their 56 reg’s on the TFL web site to check compliance.

Anybody done so? What was the outcome? :arrow_right:

It’s to do with the date of registration, some 56 plates will be ok if they were registered later in the cycle, not sure of the exact cut off date though.

ive just purchased a 56 plate daf rigid with euro three engine to go into london, it was registrated in november 06, if it was registeredi august 06 it would not be able to enter london,cut of date 1st september.

DAF DAVE:
ive just purchased a 56 plate daf rigid with euro three engine to go into london, it was registrated in november 06, if it was registeredi august 06 it would not be able to enter london,cut of date 1st september.

Sounds like a cheaper option than the over priced Euro 4/5 motors that are currently being pedalled by the usual suspects in the trade press! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

the 56 plate euro 3 daf was half the price for a same model with a euro 4 engine, have another one coming next week, still need to find 2 more !!! bloody boris

I’ve missed by 8 weeks, how lucky am I…

Me by 1 month :unamused:

Not sure how true this one is. Just checked my 56 plate volvo that was registered 24/9/06, 6 days before EU4 came out, but even that one isn’t covered.
Good job I don’t go into London, really…

If this is true surely it will be possible to challenge the whole thing as it’s an emissions based scheme not an age related scheme and a euro 3 truck fails to meet the standard whenever it was registered.

My thoughts exactly.

Has anybody had any joy yet?

checked my R470 ,it was registered 18/09/06,its only compliant till 01/01/2012 :frowning: :frowning:

I think we should build a big wall round the inside of the M25 with places to drop off goods and leave Boris and his ■■■■■■■■ london to it, not been in for years and quite frankly wouldn’t bat an eyelid if never weny there again

I’m ■■■■■■ off with it all, an 06 lorry & it can’t go into the capital in 2012, its hardly like a Foden with a 150 Gardener in is it FFS…

You will probably find that the dates for affected vehicles are a guideline even though most people are not aware of this, I was told by a lady on the phone at TFL that they arranged with DVLA for them to contact everyone who may be affected, But what they didnt tell anyone was, To contact their manufacturers of their vehicles to check if their vehicle is already fitted with the correct Euro rated engine. I have a van that is 18 months older than the required date and i got it accepted within 3 days.

You will probably find that the dates for affected vehicles are a guideline even though most people are not aware of this, I was told by a lady on the phone at TFL that they arranged with DVLA for them to contact everyone who may be affected, But what they didnt tell anyone was, To contact their manufacturers of their vehicles to check if their vehicle is already fitted with the correct Euro rated engine. I have a van that is 18 months older than the required date and i got it accepted within 3 days.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
I think we should build a big wall round the inside of the M25 with places to drop off goods and leave Boris and his [zb] london to it, not been in for years and quite frankly wouldn’t bat an eyelid if never weny there again

Sounds like a plan to me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: