Eu referendum whats your vote

5thwheel:
Spardo,

The U.K. is leaving the EU,not Europe,the UK inhabitants are European citizens as long as the UK is part of Europe.

David

You do know that Spardo is obviously referring to EU citizenship and passport according to the conditions of the Maastricht Treaty which means the proto Nation of the USE/EUSSR which supersedes the old now redundant non sovereign European states as part of that.

While it’s obviously impossible to be a ‘citizen’ of a country which doesn’t exist in the form of the pre Maastricht EC member states let alone the whole of the Eurasian continent stretching for the Pacific to the Atlantic.Nor a citizen of the EU in a supposed hopefully soon to be non EU member sovereign Britain.That’s what Spardo and his loyalist EU rabble here are ■■■■■■ off about.As also shown by their clinging on to their zb EU flag.

It’s also proof of exactly what the stakes are in losing our country to a bunch of treasonous loons who want to give it away to a foreign power because they view themselves as EU citizens who owe their allegiance to the the EU/USE/EUSSR not Britain and they view Britain as a subservient non sovereign state of the EU. :imp: :unamused:

Carryfast:
So are you saying that you’d like to see road trains banned there and only uk type dimensions and gross weights allowed and the pump price of diesel increased to around 2.5-3 dollars a litre to incentivise growth in rail transport ?. :confused: Truck net by train drivers for train drivers or is it turkeys voting for Christmas.:unamused: :laughing:

I’m saying that neglecting rail transport and infrastructure - as is the case here and believe me, the rail “network” is in an appalling state - is short-sighted at best. That’s all.

5thwheel:
Spardo,

The U.K. is leaving the EU,not Europe,the UK inhabitants are European citizens as long as the UK is part of Europe.

David

Not so David. British citizens are only citizens of the EU as long as Britain remains an EU member state. Once that position changes next March we no longer have the right to free travel or residence in the EU. Or maybe to work here, unless some agreement is reached beforehand.

In practice of course, because of Schengen, nothing much will change as there are no or very little checks on internal borders, but the fact remains we will be truly foreigners in the countries we have called home for many years. We may be tolerated, that is up to each individual country, but the only safe way to remain is to either seek citizenship or a permanent residence, but both involve mountains of paperwork and, in the case of the former, going back perhaps a hundred years.

Otherwise we may be turned out, to return to Blighty, if enough of us are forced to do that, and by that time in a parlous financial state because of Brexit, a massive burden on the British state and its NHS and social services. What a wonderful laugh on all those who brought all this about in order to ‘control their borders’ and prevent dependant immigration. :laughing: :laughing:

Just this morning I listened to 2 extremely interesting podcasts on the BBC documentary series.
The first is called “Brexit;The shipping forecast” 4th March 2016.
the second “Brexit;What happens to Scotland” 7th March 2016.
They are now,in hindsight,articles looking into the future,that have become a bit more clear with the passage of time.If that makes sense.If that is possible!
Both sides are put in fair,impartial ways I feel.The first,maybe more factual than the second,where it deals with hard facts and figures.While the second is opinions across the divide.
No doubt some members on here may differ and say its all propaganda,but,if you have a spare half hour each,they are worthwhile listening to.

Spardo:

5thwheel:
Spardo,

David

Not so David. British citizens are only citizens of the EU as long as Britain remains an EU member state. Once that position changes next March we no longer have the right to free travel or residence in the EU. Or maybe to work here, unless some agreement is reached beforehand.

In practice of course, because of Schengen, nothing much will change as there are no or very little checks on internal borders, but the fact remains we will be truly foreigners in the countries we have called home for many years. We may be tolerated, that is up to each individual country, but the only safe way to remain is to either seek citizenship or a permanent residence, but both involve mountains of paperwork and, in the case of the former, going back perhaps a hundred years.

Otherwise we may be turned out, to return to Blighty, if enough of us are forced to do that, and by that time in a parlous financial state because of Brexit, a massive burden on the British state and its NHS and social services. What a wonderful laugh on all those who brought all this about in order to ‘control their borders’ and prevent dependant immigration. :laughing: :laughing:

Spardo:

5thwheel:
Spardo,

David

Spardo,

As long as the UK remains part of Europe(not the EU),its inhabitants are obviously European citizens,they cannot be anything else,they are citizens(people) that abide within Europe,NOT WITHIN THE EU,to further clarify.

David

5thwheel:
Spardo,

As long as the UK remains part of Europe(not the EU),its inhabitants are obviously European citizens,they cannot be anything else,they are citizens(people) that abide within Europe,NOT WITHIN THE EU,to further clarify.

David

Sorry David, you are wrong. Do you think that you are a citizen of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or even Russia then? All in Europe but not the EU.

Certainly Britons will be citizens of Britain and in the European continent, but not European Union Citizens. Try renewing your British passport after Brexit, you won’t see the words ‘European Union’, above the UK print.

If it were not so, why do you think there is a rush amongst some people to apply for nationality in the countries where they live now?

Spardo:

5thwheel:
Spardo,

David

Sorry David, you are wrong. Do you think that you are a citizen of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or even Russia then? All in Europe but not the EU.

Certainly Britons will be citizens of Britain and in the European continent, but not European Union Citizens. Try renewing your British passport after Brexit, you won’t see the words ‘European Union’, above the UK print.

If it were not so, why do you think there is a rush amongst some people to apply for nationality in the countries where they live now?

Spardo,

Exactly what I said,not European Union citizens,but European citizens,a critical difference.

David

ParkRoyal2100:

Carryfast:
So are you saying that you’d like to see road trains banned there and only uk type dimensions and gross weights allowed and the pump price of diesel increased to around 2.5-3 dollars a litre to incentivise growth in rail transport ?. :confused: Truck net by train drivers for train drivers or is it turkeys voting for Christmas.:unamused: :laughing:

I’m saying that neglecting rail transport and infrastructure - as is the case here and believe me, the rail “network” is in an appalling state - is short-sighted at best. That’s all.

I’d guess that the fact that road transport can do the job more efficiently when the UK type rail protectionist shackles are removed inevitably means that the smart money goes into road transport not pointless rail.Why is that bad from the point of vie of those employed in the road transport industry ?.Bearing in mind the industry can support far more jobs than rail.

Spardo:

5thwheel:
Spardo,

David

Certainly Britons will be citizens of Britain and in the European continent, but not European Union Citizens. Try renewing your British passport after Brexit, you won’t see the words

‘European Union’, above the UK print.

Great Britain would still come under the 'land mass of Europe ’ albeit no longer in the EU.

Geoffo:

Spardo:

5thwheel:
Spardo,

David

Certainly Britons will be citizens of Britain and in the European continent, but not European Union Citizens. Try renewing your British passport after Brexit, you won’t see the words

‘European Union’, above the UK print.

Great Britain would still come under the 'land mass of Europe ’ albeit no longer in the EU.

Thanks Geoffo!

David

Well, what’s the point of that? I could have said we were all citizens of the world, but what has that got to do with Brexit. :unamused:

5thwheel:
Exactly what I said,not European Union citizens,but European citizens,a critical difference.

David

Citizenship is directly linked to Nationality and the Nation State you can’t possibly be a ‘citizen’ of the geographic area of ‘Europe’.

This is all about the return of Britain’s sovereignty as a nation state not to be a subservient state of the Nation State of the EU/USE/EUSSR.If that means Spardo is a Brit citizen but wants to be an EU citizen but can’t that’s his problem.We can’t end up in a situation of handing over our country to a foreign power just to appease those with his selfish silly ideas.

Spardo:
Well, what’s the point of that? I could have said we were all citizens of the world, but what has that got to do with Brexit. :unamused:

Yeah right no borders citizens of the world which means they can cherry pick exactly which part of the world they want to be in.Meanwhile in the real world it’s all about the luck of the draw as to which country ( nation state ) we are born into and Britain ain’t exactly one of the worst.

As for what that has to do with Brexit.This is what happens when your idea of Federalism meets the legitimate right to Nation State self determination and local democracy head on.Just transpose the Slovenians with Nationalist Brits and the JNA tanks as EU Federal forces trying to impose EU rule on the Brit ‘rebels’.

youtube.com/watch?v=RoXq3kXP0dw

Is that what you want to condemn future generations of Brits and naive brainwashed future European generations to.IE one side fighting for their legitimate right to self determination and the return of their nation state and the other side fighting to impose zb dictatorial Federal rule by unelected remote elites.So you’d rather put the eventual risk if not inevitable certainty of all that onto future generations just for your own selfish aims. :imp: :unamused:

Carryfast:
Citizenship is directly linked to Nationality and the Nation State you can’t possibly be a ‘citizen’ of the geographic area of ‘Europe’.

Well you got that bit right, but:

…Spardo is a Brit citizen but wants to be an EU citizen but can’t that’s his problem.

On the contrary I am an EU citizen, fully legal and able to wander anywhere within it. It’s losing that privilege that I object to.

Spardo:

Carryfast:

Well you got that bit right, but:

…Spardo is a Brit citizen but wants to be an EU citizen but can’t that’s his problem.

On the contrary I am an EU citizen, fully legal and able to wander anywhere within it. It’s losing that privilege that I object to.

No if you’re a Brit you’re only an EU citizen so long as Britain remains a subservient non sovereign state of the EU/USE/EUSSR which we don’t want to be.Or if you ask your EU host and ex Nation to have ‘dual’ citizenship.Which still means that you can’t mix and match those two different governments’ respective rule across the different respective national borders of the two different states that you’re a citizen of.IE you’re an EU citizen under EU rule there but we are under sovereign Brit rule here and you then fit the definition of an ex pat with dual nationality and citizenship.Of which there are obviously many involving numerous countries like Canada not just the EU as in the case of the head of the bank of England.So maybe you should get on with your application for EU citizenship.Instead of trying to make this country a subservient state of the EU because you think it’s easier and fits your own selfish purposes better.Bearing in mind that the zb EU has already said that it intends to maintain its rule over the UK based on the excuse of defending the interests of its EU loyalist immigrant communities here.Which is exactly the same excuse that Hitler used to impose ■■■■ rule on Czechoslovakia.That’s the type of treasonous zb that you obviously support and it’s one of the reasons why we shouldn’t enter into any deals with the EU,concerning the status of its existing immigrant community here,until it drops that sinister intention and categorically recognises UK sovereignty over all those living here.While it’s obvious that you and those like you will also get caught up in the fallout of that argument as obvious pawns of the EU.Tough. :imp: :unamused:

All this talk of European Citizenship makes me want to puke - I was born, raised, live and work in ENGLAND, so I consider myself to be ENGLISH, and proud of that fact too. I don’t care how the establishment wishes to classify my nationality. I don’t even class myself as “British” because “Britain” is not in itself a Country, it’s the shortened version of the title “the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”, a group of four separate Nations with their own identities, heritage and loyalties. Just saying…

fodenway:
All this talk of European Citizenship makes me want to puke - I was born, raised, live and work in ENGLAND, so I consider myself to be ENGLISH, and proud of that fact too. I don’t care how the establishment wishes to classify my nationality. I don’t even class myself as “British” because “Britain” is not in itself a Country, it’s the shortened version of the title “the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”, a group of four separate Nations with their own identities, heritage and loyalties. Just saying…

It doesn’t matter what you consider yourself if we’re lumbered with the situation of Scottish etc MP’s deciding what happens in England and English MP’s deciding what happens in Scotland etc.

On that note I also agree with the idea of a Confederal UK for the same reasons that I want out of the EU Federation.Which returns the sovereignty of the states which make up the British Isles and which were all taken out by the Franco Norman/Plantagenet invasion and its 1,000 year and counting Reich.

Which leaves the question why is the Queen trying to pretend that we have to have a Federal UK for her to be head of state when she’s been the head of state of independent Australia and Canada for decades. :unamused:

Oh Gawd, this thread just gets dafter.

Spardo:
Oh gawd, this thread just gets dafter.

Always a good read though!
Sometimes I feel like laughing at loud at the internal contradictions and naive thinking in some of the arguments* used, but then get worried that these are genuinely held beliefs.

*I’m sure many think that of MY opinions too.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk