Eu referendum whats your vote

Buzzer:
And dear old Boris wants to build a bridge over the channel FFS, this country and its elected government are a laughing stock and I voted Conservative. How long is this charade going to be tolerated why is there no positive action, if this was a threat of war we would have to act a bloody site quicker than we are now, worried Buzzer.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: brill picture and very apt caption
Oily

Buzzer:
And dear old Boris wants to build a bridge over the channel FFS, this country and its elected government are a laughing stock and I voted Conservative. How long is this charade going to be tolerated

Look on the bright side I voted UKIP. :frowning:

Which means that unfortunately when Mayā€™s treacherous rabble inevitably commit political suicide itā€™ll be Corbyn and Cable who take over not Farage and Hoey. :open_mouth:

Brexit was probably never going to happen with too many wanting to hand the place over to the EUSSR.Also with a massive majority for that at parliamentary level and a country that doesnā€™t really like the idea of National/Local/Direct democracy anyway,at least unless it goes the Federalistsā€™ way,having been conditioned to the idea of foreign federal dictatorship since 1066. :frowning:

Just came accross this and thought it was fit for this site. Harvey

image010.jpg

Just reading about Italyā€™s hung parliament could produce a nightmare for the EU. Italy faces a hung parliament with no party or coalition gaining a majority in Sundayā€™s election.
The Five Star Movement has emerged as the party with most votes and it could form a coalition with the Northern League. Together, they will be one of the most Eurosceptic,
anti-immigrant, and anti-establishment governments in Europe. So watch this develop it could be very interesting if the Germans and the French have another anti EU member, hereā€™s hoping Buzzer.

Spot on Buzzer,
Greece is allways looking at what italy does, how long before they join in ā– ā– ?
I have friends in Greece who are very excited about what is hapening over the water. Harvey

The domino effect is under way ,after Italy grew some balls :sunglasses:

Is it just me being being cynical, or does anyone else suspect that some nice sweeteners will be heading Italyā€™s way soon to persuade them of the ā€˜benefitsā€™ of staying in the Euroclub? Or that more obstacles will be placed in our way, to show the Italians and others what happens after a ā€˜Neverendumā€™?

Good morning Fodenway,
Cany see sweetners working with that lot, they do understand threats though, bit the same as us by the looks of it. Harvey

I get so wound up by the TV media (BBC/ITV brekkie progs NOT Channel 4 news at 7pm). The significant Italian vote result for a Eurosceptic Govt. got barely a mention but the Oscars were all over each AM program. The ā€œLuvviesā€ promoting themselves rather than mentioning factors that can have a great effect on the Brexit outcome. David Davis doing his European tour bumping up his airmiles and sounding out the waverers in the club of 27.

gazzer:
I get so wound up by the TV media (BBC/ITV brekkie progs NOT Channel 4 news at 7pm). The significant Italian vote result for a Eurosceptic Govt. got barely a mention but the Oscars were all over each AM program. The ā€œLuvviesā€ promoting themselves rather than mentioning factors that can have a great effect on the Brexit outcome. David Davis doing his European tour bumping up his airmiles and sounding out the waverers in the club of 27.

Right then Gazzer what side of the channel are you on this week I have forgotten which way you favoured, Holland would come out also but got the wrong people in at the moment but if and when we eventually get out and start doing spiffingly well on our todd how long before some other member state wants out very interesting to see that. When all said and done as with anything you have to have a leader and at the moment that is supposed to be us so in a way I would like to fast forward a couple years as I aint getting any younger and would like to know the eventual outcome.
On your other point you are right about the news ont telly, just look at Salisbury as every one in the world knows where that place is after last weeks events but bet half had no idea where it was before, Oscars is just a gimmick of self applauding and any one can do that, its all about money generated from the end result and advertising its existence.
On another note I have got a Billy goat but mine is a little different to yours, mine has four wheels and doesā€™nt eat much and is cheep to run and has a fair old ā– ā– ā– ā–  on it very effective with the leaves etc but you have to be careful not to overfeed it as it gets too heavy to empty out, bbfn Buzzer.

Photo0970.jpg

Thought it was time to revive this thread, how long ago did we vote to leave and we are still there, Buzzer.

32925674_1986637761409390_7143096784426893312_n.jpg

Buzzer and me should be appointed negotiators with the EU ! And if things got a bit ā€œTastyā€ we could always let ā€œCFā€ out of the poxy van and turn him loose on them while Buzzer and me went for a liquid lunch in the Bar/Rest next door ! On Exces of course ! Another bottle of Bollinger Gaston ā€œif you pleaseā€ :wink: :smiley: ( canā€™t spell it in French of Belgiqe or German) :blush: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer:
Thought it was time to revive this thread, how long ago did we vote to leave and we are still there, Buzzer.

The word is May is going to pull another dodgy election stunt in the hope that this time the LabLibDemSNP will get a majority to reverse it as she tried before.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3Q7hG4OYHk

youtube.com/watch?v=uduaDZJVPCI

youtube.com/watch?v=pvh5iV_V2IY

It always tickled me that David Cameron said ā€˜We Britons are not quitters.ā€™ Errā€¦ that would be apart from you David?

I know how every right thinking person hates the Daily Mail, but the Saturday article about how a container ship from outside the EU into Felixstowe, was putting containers on the road within an hour of the ship arriving rather negates the current ā€˜stumbling blockā€™ of the Irish ā€˜problem.ā€™ Iā€™ve been in haulage all my life. Even I could solve this ā€˜problemā€™. Itā€™s simple. The export information is fed into the central computer at the time of loading. Inspection (even from outside the EU) levels are actually tiny (less than 1%) and could take place at any place, up to and including the delivery point. Tne Irish problem is a made up ā€˜problemā€™, opened by a Taoiseach who wishes to further his own personal cause in Europe.

Iā€™m rereading a book I loved about 50 years ago, which was turned into a great TV series 'A horseman Riding by ā€™ by RF Delderfield. It is set in the early years of the 20th century. Iā€™m just at the part where the Nigel Havers character, Paul, is supporting a liberal to beat the conservative who has been an entrenched MP for years, however Paul worries that ā€˜once Grenfell is translated from candidate to member he will take on the pedagoguery of schoolmasters unable to distinguish between children and adultsā€™.

It seems that even over 100 years ago once you joined that well paid club you left the real world behind and suddenly knew so much more than the idiots who elected you. The condescension these people show now is obviously part of the received wisdom of becoming an MP.

John.

Iā€™ve heard it all now ! and I certainly donā€™t believe it for one moment ! JW is trying to have us believe he is not a Daily Mail reader Oh! really ! and pigs might" ! Heā€™ll have us believing that he buys the SUN or the Daily Star! Anyway enough of the Hands Andersens ! I always bought the Daily Express for years when I was up and down the road, never the Mail but in later years the Express went right off so I migrated to the Mail and stuck with it ever since, great paper IMHO, but I stopped buying the Mail on Sunday because it started supporting the Remainers argument before and since the referendum ! The Mail is the only sensible paper available nowadays, but as and when I want to find out what is occurring in White vanman world I buy The Sun ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
Iā€™ve heard it all now ! and I certainly donā€™t believe it for one moment ! JW is trying to have us believe he is not a Daily Mail reader Oh! really ! and pigs might" ! Heā€™ll have us believing that he buys the SUN or the Daily Star! Anyway enough of the Hands Andersens ! I always bought the Daily Express for years when I was up and down the road, never the Mail but in later years the Express went right off so I migrated to the Mail and stuck with it ever since, great paper IMHO, but I stopped buying the Mail on Sunday because it started supporting the Remainers argument before and since the referendum ! The Mail is the only sensible paper available nowadays, but as and when I want to find out what is occurring in White vanman world I buy The Sun ! Cheers Bewick.

Yes, I read the Mail Dennis. I should perhaps have put quotation marks around ā€˜right thinkingā€™.

John.

Bewick:

Well said Dennis,
On a more ā€œearthyā€ level re the Sunday paper, it is to dear for all the rubbish they pack into the plastic bags inside. save the world people take note. Harvey

Buzzer:
Does this mean that when Labour if they ever should win a general election and the Conservatives donā€™t like it we have a rerun till we get the result they want. What ever happened to democracy in this country, we voted to leave so lets get on with it.

Thatā€™s what democracy means, isnā€™t it? Or do you think that once you have a general election, thatā€™s it, no need for another 5 years later? Changing your mind is forbidden in that brave new world. Sadly it has already been invented, and it never ends well. Unless of course you would like to live in China where a thread like this would leave about 90% of the contributors in gaol.

I didnā€™t have the right to a vote myself, but this thread reminds me sadly of a very apt quote. ā€˜Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make madā€™ ā€¦Madness rules. :laughing:

Spardo:

Buzzer:
Does this mean that when Labour if they ever should win a general election and the Conservatives donā€™t like it we have a rerun till we get the result they want. What ever happened to democracy in this country, we voted to leave so lets get on with it.

Thatā€™s what democracy means, isnā€™t it? Or do you think that once you have a general election, thatā€™s it, no need for another 5 years later? Changing your mind is forbidden in that brave new world. Sadly it has already been invented, and it never ends well. Unless of course you would like to live in China where a thread like this would leave about 90% of the contributors in gaol.

I didnā€™t have the right to a vote myself, but this thread reminds me sadly of a very apt quote. ā€˜Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make madā€™ ā€¦Madness rules. :laughing:

So where would it all end ? If Labour god forbid ever get in again could we have a rerun i dont think so .The simple fact is that the majority of people who voted wanted out so thatā€™s where weā€™re at .We donā€™t need another vote because most people in this country are sick to the back teeth of Europe and its ridiculous laws being forced upon us .How do i know this ā– ā– ? because the majority voted out

ramone:

Spardo:

Buzzer:

So where would it all end ? If Labour god forbid ever get in again could we have a rerun i dont think so .The simple fact is that the majority of people who voted wanted out so thatā€™s where weā€™re at .We donā€™t need another vote because most people in this country are sick to the back teeth of Europe and its ridiculous laws being forced upon us .How do i know this ā– ā– ? because the majority voted out

True, but you could say that about any vote. Following that reasoning you will have a Conservative government till the end of time, because you will never be given another vote. I donā€™t know if that is what you want, but it certainly isnā€™t my choice.

This isnā€™t the first referendum on the matter, again, by that reasoning the one in 2016 should never have happened either.