Eu referendum whats your vote

Now

Now then I see Leo Varadkar has resigned as no agreement can be reached on a collision government as yet as no one wants to get into bed with Sinn Fein, maybe Macron can send in a substitute puppet and carry on as normal orchestrating as he likes to do as he thinks he is top dog, don’t think he will be there much longer either IMHO, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Now then I see Leo Varadkar has resigned as no agreement can be reached on a collision government as yet as no one wants to get into bed with Sinn Fein, maybe Macron can send in a substitute puppet and carry on as normal orchestrating as he likes to do as he thinks he is top dog, don’t think he will be there much longer either IMHO, Buzzer.

If it hadn’t been for Brexit Varadkar would have been toast long ago, he used Brexit as a distraction to his complete inability to deal with domestic problems, the problems in the Irish health service make the NHS look like a well funded utopian health service. Macron is doing the same lecturing the World while failing to deal with his problems at home and more than unlikely will join Varadkar in the dole office at the next election.

Mazzer2:

Buzzer:

If it hadn’t been for Brexit Varadkar would have been toast long ago, he used Brexit as a distraction to his complete inability to deal with domestic problems, the problems in the Irish health service make the NHS look like a well funded utopian health service. Macron is doing the same lecturing the World while failing to deal with his problems at home and more than unlikely will join Varadkar in the dole office at the next election.

Don’t be too sure Mazzer, you may know more about Veradkar than me (in fact I’m sure you do), but don’t judge the silent majority who approve of Macron’s attempts here. A crowd of larrikins stopping people going about their business are not the majority, only the ones you can see on your tv screen. :slight_smile:

He may not succeed, he is trying to do something sensible that all other presidents since Mitterand have tried, and failed, to do. And he might join them, there are some cracks in his resolve, but it isn’t a done deal and if he comes up against Le Pen again Frenchmen and women may well again shy away from the extreme option. They like the EU and, even though Le Pen has toned down her opposition to it, may not be ready to step into a, possibly violent, unknown. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget, our Presidentials are in the end a 2 way choice with every citizen having a vote. If Johnson had been against a single Remain politician in the UK last December in a similar vote, he would have lost. :slight_smile:

Spardo:

Mazzer2:

Buzzer:

Don’t be too sure Mazzer, you may know more about Veradkar than me (in fact I’m sure you do), but don’t judge the silent majority who approve of Macron’s attempts here. A crowd of larrikins stopping people going about their business are not the majority, only the ones you can see on your tv screen. :slight_smile:

He may not succeed, he is trying to do something sensible that all other presidents since Mitterand have tried, and failed, to do. And he might join them, there are some cracks in his resolve, but it isn’t a done deal and if he comes up against Le Pen again Frenchmen and women may well again shy away from the extreme option. They like the EU and, even though Le Pen has toned down her opposition to it, may not be ready to step into a, possibly violent, unknown. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget, our Presidentials are in the end a 2 way choice with every citizen having a vote. If Johnson had been against a single Remain politician in the UK last December in a similar vote, he would have lost. :slight_smile:

Fair point but the reforms France needs have been kicked down the road for so long that drastic action is now needed rather than gradual reforms that could have been brought in had previous presidents had more resolve, it will be interesting to see what happens I agree that given the choice between Macron and Le Pen than Macron should win, but that will be a bit like the choice the UK had at the last election picking the best of a bad bunch rather than a true choice

I see that the eu infighting has begun.

aol.co.uk/news/2020/02/21/n … id=webmail

You could well be right. the public sector here is very powerful, we shall see.

Can’t read you link Cav, I thought AOL was history, but whether it is or not, it won’t let me in. :slight_smile:

Spardo:
Can’t read you link Cav, I thought AOL was history, but whether it is or not, it won’t let me in.

The EU are trying to set the budget for the next 6 or so years. Not surprisingly, they dont all agree on it. Heres the BBC on it:
bbc.com/news/world-europe-51594002

Franglais:

Spardo:
Can’t read you link Cav, I thought AOL was history, but whether it is or not, it won’t let me in.

The EU are trying to set the budget for the next 6 or so years. Not surprisingly, they dont all agree on it. Heres the BBC on it:
bbc.com/news/world-europe-51594002

Thanks Franglais, a storm in a teacup, they’ll get it sorted. If there is one upside to Brexit it is that the remaining 27 are reinforced in their view that the EU is something really worthwhile preserving.

Britain may well be missed, but some things will not change. As Macron hinted, ‘we don’t need Britain to have a disagreement’ . :laughing: :laughing:

Disappointed and think that it is a disgrace that this thread has been moved from the front page of TNUK where it was rarely off page one since its inception and I have a funny feeling that the powers to be don’t like real interactive discussion from both sides of the argument on this subject especially as Brexit is no where near completion, I would like to see it reinstated to its original place on TNUK to carry on our spats on the subject or is it just me who thinks like this, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Disappointed and think that it is a disgrace that this thread has been moved from the front page of TNUK where it was rarely off page one since its inception and I have a funny feeling that the powers to be don’t like real interactive discussion from both sides of the argument on this subject especially as Brexit is no where near completion, I would like to see it reinstated to its original place on TNUK to carry on our spats on the subject or is it just me who thinks like this, Buzzer.

Can’t see what difference it makes, I have always been able to find it, in fact I didn’t even know it wasn’t in Bully’s until it was moved there the other day. Where was it before? I have no idea. :confused:

Buzzer:

Being on the front page doesn’t matter Buzzer.
There’s no conspiracy here, the Mods explained why it was moved and it kind of made sense.

Carry on with your views and opinions. We’re still here, on the edge of our seats, awaiting your valuable insight.

Latest exciting news on the trade talks. :smiley:

"Trade talks, a prediction:

UK - We don’t like our deal
EU - Why not?
UK - We only get 95% of what we want
EU - It only gives us 95% too
UK - We want a new deal that gives us 100% of what we want
EU - But that means we only get 90% of what we want
UK - Yes, but we don’t care. We hate you.
EU - Bit rude
UK - We elected people to go to your meetings specifically to say we hate you
EU - We noticed
UK - So we want a new deal, and we want the deal in 11 months or we cancel our existing deal
EU - Wait… what?
UK - We’ve put it into law: you give us 100% of what we want in 11 months, or we walk away with 0% of what we want
EU - Erm… suits us!
UK - Wait, what?
EU - Perfect, do it. Walk away
UK - No, hold on, wait: you have to negotiate, so Boris can win
EU - Why? Right now you have 95% of perfect and we have 95% of perfect. If we negotiate, you get 100% and we get 90%.
UK - That’s right
EU - But if we don’t negotiate, we still have 95%… and you have 0%
UK - But… no, you’re not meant to say that
EU - And if we don’t have a deal, we don’t have to put up with you sending people to our meetings to say you hate us
UK - The Daily Mail made us do it and then ran away!
EU - So we’ll just sit it out for 11 months
UK - Fine, we’ll go and make a great deal with the US
US - Yo suckers
UK - Could we have a trade deal please, sir?
US - Sure thing. We want 100% of everything, plus 51% controlling share in the NHS, and you get, let’s see… 60% of what you have now
UK - Not good enough
US - Bye
UK - What?
US - Bye. Talks are over. Bye
UK - But we haven’t got a deal!
US - We are 26% of world trade, making deals with EU (20%) and China (17%). We don’t need your 1.8%.
UK - But we really need a deal, the EU outsmarted us
US - We know. Some of us can read. Not Trump, obviously, but the rest of us. Try India
UK - Hi India, remember us?
India - Oh ■■■■, these guys again
UK - We want a trade deal
India - And we want to vastly increase the number of Indians who can live in the UK
UK - We can’t do that. Turns out we’re, like, properly racist
India - That is brand new information!!
UK - So can we have a deal?
India - Sure. Join the queue
UK - Who’s in the queue?
India - USA, China, Brazil, EU, Korea, Canada, Australia… basically everybody. We’re kind of a big deal now.
UK - So you’ll be ready to negotiate in, what: 11 months?
India - ha ha ha ha ha
UK - What did we say?
India - 11 months? Try 11 years. This ■■■■ takes ages, bro
UK - But we had a timetable of 11 months with the EU
India - And how did that work out?
UK - erm…
India - Try China
UK - Can we please have a trade deal?
China - Sorry, who are you?
UK - We’re Great Britain
China - Great, you say?
UK - Well… once
China - And what do you want?
UK - A trade deal worthy of our status
China - You’ve got one
UK - No we haven’t
China - Yes you have. With the EU. You don’t need to renegotiate your trade deals: you need to reassess your status. Cos you’re not a mighty nation, you’re a small, wet, heavily indebted island on the edge of a globally important trading bloc… which you left, you goons
UK - So, what do you suggest?
China - You already know

EU - Hello again. Here to rejoin?
UK - Yes, on the same terms as before.
EU - Oh, I don’t think so. Say goodbye to your rebate, hello to the Euro, and bonjour to the Schengen area. You are so dumb.
UK - We hate you!"

…by Alvin Armstrong

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent

Very funny Spardo, but according to most on here we’ll get whatever deal we want, on OUR terms, because we’re Great Britain.
And the world needs us more than we need them.
I’m confused. Who’s right?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Who thinks we should extend the Brexit transition period until after we have dealt with the CFVirus??

Do we risk most Brexiteers dying out and handing over ‘God Save The Queen Land’ to remainers

Or do we self isolate for 3 months & hope the remainers (most of whom are not on pensions & still have to work) get killed off first.

Then do we answer the call to go out & deliver the goods, once they have requisitioned enough classic motors with constant mesh boxes that we know how to drive??

Wow. Enshrined in European law. Permission needed.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-51809318

cav551:
Wow. Enshrined in European law. Permission needed.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-51809318

International flights are part of an International agreement! Wow!
And furthermore, no one party can disobey said agreement without the permission of others in that agreement!

A bit like the old transport permit system that the EU did away with then, but may well be re-imposed on journeys in and out of the UK.

But as with that system there were ways round it and no doubt this will be done with the planes, but legally this time. :laughing: