ESSEX BOYS

lets get home from Dover :laughing:
these were loads for ALLPORTS -

other P&O - PLAIN BUT EFFECTIVE

Then you had P&O’s Competition BRAIN’S :laughing:
This firm with thier gucci drivers - gold bracelets were some outfit.
loadsa 110 / 111’s

Only thing i didnt like was when Brains refurbed a scania they made thier own grill badges - urghh :confused:

Now time to pull in the CABIN AT GRAYS FOR A NIGHTOUT - SEE YOU TOMORROW - TAKE CARE ALL.

Had these piccies for some years Chalkey don’t even know where
they came from
Photobucket

Now that is a proper looking set-up. I was never a full on Scania supporter but that 143 with a step frame on the back definatly looks the dogs whats-its!! :wink:

Very nice and it knocks spots off some of todays all auto-boxed, computer controlled, enviromentally friendly machines:wink: :wink:

Would take that down to Spain, Greece or where ever any day, rather than a modern day Scania, Volvo etc.

good speech bullitt… :smiley:

chalkey:
Glad you are enjoying these pics.

Now we move onto P&O ROADWAYS - ESSEX DEPOT
Orsett to be precise.
This pics are for Bert - My dad worked here for many years on contract to FRANS MAAS - running mainly hazardous cargo to Italy.
Into Somasi - Milan then onward collection and deliveries.
Here is one of the new MAN home for Co driver and legend ALEX ■■■■■■■■
(THE COMB) RIP - Whom sadly died last year in a road accident in the Ardennes ,he was my dads closest friend.

Thanks Chalkey, for the pictures. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Special the Scania 143 is a nice combination off tractor and trailer. Good pimpt for those days.
Can you make the pics off the MAN wat bigger foor me? :question: :question: :question:

Regards, Bert Wolters

Chalkey Did you know much about the P&O Roadways Barking I think Ian Lindsay was the manager then and the yard was down near Barking power station as when I was a Russell Davies we had a joint venture going working out of the Comtainerbase Baking for OCL.We also had some trucks based at Orsett on the containers before it closed down.Remember Trevor Starkes very well that 141 was his pride and joy I only ever see it as 4 wheeler though.

Nice Thread Chalkey and in case there are some who haven’t seen it there’s another Essex Int thread here
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

Evening :laughing:

Thats rite RD had some Iveco’s on ocl parked at top of Orsett yard on “boot hill”

P&O had 1 x F88 here she is new on the A127.
Driver: Alex the comb

Heres my dad on a mission out of Dover in his 5 speed 111 back from Germany.
Later Bobby Stafford had it- Think he ended up onMckellars?

RGV 611W - “CHRISTINE” lIKE THE FILM - SHE SMOKED SO MUCH BUT NO PUMP PLACE IN THE LAND COULD FIX HER - BUT WHAT A PULLER

VGV 589X - HARRY HODGES.

a break from P&O for a mom, heres some other Essex boy’s.

My Grandad owned a company buying and selling trucks = KERBEY MOTORS.

Originally from Kerbey street - Poplar (hence the name).

He had a yard at Boreham - funny enough next door to Essex - small world.
Then on the arterial road - after owned by Willhire - now flats.

Heres his wrecker.

The next pic you can see a blue Scania with a “de beers” cab - this truck is now laying with another in rushgreen - not looking to good.
After my grandad died Rush green bought most of the stock.

Next pic is my uncle Bim - who on a visit to the Earls court motorshow with my grandad - recvd a 18th birthday present in the shape of this 140. :stuck_out_tongue:
Later this truck was sold to GEORGE COOPER TSPT and registered as KVX 850P
ANY ONE GOT PICS OR INFO ■■?

Hers a pic of my uncle - just painted my dads Merc on EASTERN TRANSPORT.

Leave you tonight with some of “THE CHAPS”

ERNIE

FOO Later owned by Winner - remember them ■■

Any one got any Armour pics ■■?

RAY PHILLIPS - SUBBIE FOR ESSEX

ESSEX SHOW

Also subbed for Essex - DRIVER BOB GOWER - COLCHESTER

A.DOWELL & SONS.

This was the first 111 and first nightout with my dad - in this truck…

ex RUSSELL DAVIES - Driven by Albert Dowell.

CHARLIE NORTON

CONTAINER BOYS

WHO WAS BERGAMA ■■

WHO WAS SURREY WHARF ■■?

chalkey:
Leave you tonight with some of “THE CHAPS”

ERNIE

ajn419x that must have had a tag axle added :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The OCL 112 was ernies and the 142 was Bobby Littles a ex Felgate driver who the subbed for Ernie for many years

chalkey:
WHO WAS BERGAMA ■■

There used to be a Turkish firm by the name of Bergama.
I notice the Transcon has a Stoke on Trent reg.

mrken:
The OCL 112 was ernies and the 142 was Bobby Littles a ex Felgate driver who the subbed for Ernie for many years

me dad drove that lorry for a london firm and it was still in the yellow rd colours and it was a six wheeler :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

would that be a byron shipping d series ford behind the wrecker ?