Essex international

hi all

any one any stories / photos of the “essex” orange/white scania’s■■?

My dad “the blouse” drove for them

thanks
:wink:

Some of them are now on the classic scene run by a guy from Peterhead/Aberdeen look on the Toprun site and their are some pictures.

chalkey:
hi all

thanks

did the dad work for p&o orsett some time ago?

SUPERCUBE:

chalkey:
hi all

thanks

P&O Orsett,would that be the one near Brentwood?
I remember they had some motors running abroad from there at one time.

Is it the same depot that later became George Davies’s yard,then later CP Transport?

KW:

SUPERCUBE:

chalkey:
hi all

thanks

P&O Orsett,would that be the one near Brentwood?
I remember they had some motors running abroad from there at one time.

Is it the same depot that later became George Davies’s yard,then later CP Transport?

as i remember it was originally henry smithers depot, not sure about g davies though. and yes p&o did go abroad from there ,i used to see them in como most weeks/

yeah drove for P&o orsett mainly on italy.
mitchell cotts/ frans maas
along with alex ■■■■■■■■ (the comb) who terribly was killed in belgium a few months ago. :cry:

as you posted the info about the comb i was at the same time talking to the mayor of canvey and he was just telling me about alec, terrible news ,i did not know.

I worked with Alex and Mick at Orsett be for the shutdown most of us went to Como,Milian(page 26 only)or anywhere we were sent.Just to add to the list we have also lost Albert and Roy.I to spoke to the mayor who told me I missed saying farwell to the Alex but I have seen chicken bone to say sorry. Hope to go to the christmas reunion in Avley and take my brother (Colin he worked for Dons donkeys)to as well.

some of the restored motors

not a f7 to be seen carl, must be a huge dissapointment :frowning: :frowning: :unamused:

no but the f88 made up for it

essex 111 in the desert

The restored Scanias and the F88 are owned by Kerbey International of Aberdeen who runs a modern fleet of extremely smart Scanias in the same livery of the Essex International motors. Would post some pictures but not sure of how to do it.

Rich

Rich,
You have a PM.

Here’s a few more photo’s courtesy of JJ who drove for Essex way back then. By his own admission he’s no David Bailey
but I think they’re worth a look.

[/img]

Good to see a few photos of Essex motors, how is JJ keeping these days? and I’m trying to pick up the thread of these mesages. A different thread it would seem but, What has happened to Alec ?

JJs fine Archie, he had a heart transplant about 14 or 15 years ago but he’s still going strong, still as much of a rascal as he ever was.
He’s not online but I’ll tell him you asked after him next time I see him.

Archie Paice:
Good to see a few photos of Essex motors, how is JJ keeping these days? and I’m trying to pick up the thread of these mesages. A different thread it would seem but, What has happened to Alec ?

Archie do you mean Alec ■■■■■■■■■■

From the web.

Salut, Oldtimer Trucker

Hi Bob, hope you had a good weekend. No I was asking about JJ, that was Johnny Jenkinson, another real good bloke. Alec ■■■■■■■ (the Comb) was the last time I saw him, working for Frans Maas as an OD from the Brownhills depot to Italy, he was doing well and had just got hisself a brand new top of the range Scania 143.