ESSEX BOYS

Great pics chalkey, i always did like the look of the ESSEX motors, and its
always a treat to see different pics of Astrans.
Brilliant - any more to share ?

wot a line up…

young looking Charlie - know any of the others>■■

Charlie doing his PR bit - story how dangerous middle east driving was - bloody rite :open_mouth: shame they printed Astrad…

great pics mate when did they pack up■■?

CHARLIE AND ■■?

Not a ESSEX GRILL but another Essex favourite - Brains.
On contract to M&S - These boys run Russia. …

Chris Rose - Rainham - later Rose spedition - also had a transcon - wagon&drag

TRANS ALPINE EXPRESS - Any stories on this truck??

Must be a owner driver - anyone know who?? this is like crimewatch :smiley:

this photo baffled me for years - whos truck - taken outside Boreham yard - who was it ■■

thats it for today - hope you enjoyed .thanks.

brilliant pictures chalkey, please keep them coming!

what can i say!! I’ll forward that picture onto Cathy, Dicks wife, thanks.
Brilliant pics, like the others, they look better in working life than restored. Great Pics, think you’ve just bought on the divorce as i’ve cancelled dinner at the pub, to keep looking through these.

Having grown up 8 miles form Boreham and 20 miles from Maldon, i cant help wishing i was born 20 odd years earlier, as i’m sure you do Chalkey. Keep the pics coming, i’ll send you a pm.

Wow,superb photo’s Chalky. I hope you dont mind me putting these cuttings on your thread instead of mine.

I think there was a sound reason for going to Renault,but the livery suits a Scania better.
Hope they are of interest.
Cheers Marc.

Fantastic Photos Here are a few you may like

Hello Chalkey,

Brilliant good pictures off the company Essex Int. Transport and Astran. Let them comming.

I want to ask you if it is possilble to posstid agen on the Frans Maas side the Scania’s and Volvo from Yare Transport driving for Frans Maas. You possid it before but there now a way from the side. Yanks.

Regards, Bert Wolters

Amazing set of pics chalkey, many thanks for sharing them with us on here
great to see the stuff from the good old days, please keep em coming :smiley:
Cheers

Hello Chalkey,

Brilliant good pictures off the company Essex Int. Transport and Astran. Let them comming.

Chalkey Great pictures mate as already mentioned showing them during their working life is so much better keep this going Please

Glad you are enjoying these pics.

Now we move onto P&O ROADWAYS - ESSEX DEPOT
Orsett to be precise.
This pics are for Bert - My dad worked here for many years on contract to FRANS MAAS - running mainly hazardous cargo to Italy.
Into Somasi - Milan then onward collection and deliveries.
Here is one of the new MAN home for Co driver and legend ALEX ■■■■■■■■
(THE COMB) RIP - Whom sadly died last year in a road accident in the Ardennes ,he was my dads closest friend.

P&O - ORSETT

This was the only depot to have striped bumpers.

When P&O closed the doors at Orsett - Alex and my dad had the option to continue doing the work - direct - ALEX bought his first truck below

My dad decided to go to a haulier next door to Frans Maas - ROADWAY international and drove first a SCANIA 141 - GEO 1X , Then a new 113m - F270 YOM.

P&O - ORSETT

LBJ - Here on contract to Anglo Overseas - running Milano.

Trevor Starkes - subby for Orsett - wot a 141 this was swedish scania tag

top man!thanks for findin the time to post the pics! i started 20yrs too late methinks :cry: