ERF 'European' (1975)

marky:

Me.Paul.101:
Cadwallader’s had this one…
This isn’t my picture…

It was built as LHD and converted to RHD.

jimbotruck:

marky:

Me.Paul.101:
Cadwallader’s had this one…
This isn’t my picture…

It was built as LHD and converted to RHD.

I very much doubt that the Cadwalladder wagon in the pic was LHD and converted to right hand drive, that wagon is an Australian / New Zealand export model, they are all Right Hand Drive anyway.

I suspect a spot more reading is required because you’re wrong on several points there.

I won’t argue them with you, but I suspect there are several more learned ERF aficionados on here who probably will…

[qhn

Was the “round front” Motor Panels ERF a 5MW, and the European a 7MW? ERF experts may confirm (or deny) this. The European cab seemed to be mounted a good 6" higher than the 5MW(?)- did this give it a lower engine hump/ flatter floor? Are there any interior shots of the round-front MW, for comparison?

[quote="[zb]
n

Thanks John. Your work at Jennings must have been fun. I always thought the MW was the best-looking of the Motor Panels cabs, but the Scania-copy front end spoiled it. Dodgy Permit’s comments about the policy of extending the front panel reminded me of the Foden S41. With Jennings’ expertise, surely the extra length could have been added to the rear of the cab, to the benefit of interior space (OK, the engine would have to be moved back a bit in the frame, but that would be easy enough). ERF would have had a bit more to offer Europe then. Hindsight and speculation…

Were the panels welded together at Jennings?

Saw a picture on the internet somewhere of the red and yellow “Transport Arendonk ERF’s.” The picture was in their yard and the company name is Van Steenbergen i think. There was at least six 7mw’s and 2 B series.These must have been the biggest users of 7mw’s i would think.

Limey:

This one belonged to a company from Belgium.

colinwallace1:

marky:

Suedehead:

fryske:
A survivor

Tadge of photoshop going on there imo?

If this is the same wagon I’m thinking of, it came from Belgium and was sat in a plant hire place in Burscough for a while.

Is this the same lorry?

It is the very same lorry. I bought it off the first owner in Belgium. Due to loss of space I had to sell it. I sold it through Ebay to a chap in Burscough who sold it to Mr. Corbishley. He eventually finished the restoration of this unique vehicle.
This ERF started its life as a 4x2 tractor unit. Then is was converted into a 6x4 unit and then stretched to its current wheelbase.

Renay.

It all makes sense now. Thanks for updating us.

Around the same time the ERF was in Burscough, the same chap had a Park Royal-cabbed AEC Mercury parked up next to it. I wonder where that went?

[quote="

Not sure whether it was the same wagon John. I think the one you’re referring to was Geoff Brandon’s from Haigh, near Wigan. I know it was on eBay about six months ago and it was sold to a chap in Yorkshire who has now had the signwriting re-done.

hiya .

f88 or one of these things

keith 2:

I found this pic in my collection…

Taken at the ERF gathering at Bloxham in '91.

As found in France, two months ago.

Is it going to be restored? If so,in France or returning to the UK

Leyland_marathon2:
As found in France, two months ago.

if you mask of the bottom of that truck, i.e from just below the windscreen / grill down , what truck from that era does it look like?

Hiya.