ERF 'European' (1975)

3300John:
Hiya…someone must have liked the 7mw erf this must be the most in one place at the same time.

i found this photo on flikka its on the bath and west site and possibly belongs to E-R-F wow this copy rights
a mither. anyhow a good photo who ever owns it and thanks
John

Is that part of the Read Brother’s fleet from Longhope, Gloucester?

Hiy

3300John:
Hiya .no i don’t think so, i think the ERF’s was a dutch company. i think the trucks may have been
yellow with red chassis. the sign on the end of the garage say’s Krupp. maybe i should have said Belgium
i’ve just looked at the number plates, dutch would have been yellow and longer than the ones you can see.
John

Hi John, Looking at it closer you got it mate, I was looking at the B-Series motors, didn’t look close enough to see they were left hookers too :blush: Been up since half 3 this morn’ so visions a bit blurred now :laughing: :laughing:
Chris

Hi John, if you look on page 2 of this thread i put a picture of one of the Van Steenbergen of Arendonk 7mw’s on. cheers, Colin

adr:

3300John:
Hiya .no i don’t think so, i think the ERF’s was a dutch company. i think the trucks may have been
yellow with red chassis. the sign on the end of the garage say’s Krupp. maybe i should have said Belgium
i’ve just looked at the number plates, dutch would have been yellow and longer than the ones you can see.
John

Hi John, Looking at it closer you got it mate, I was looking at the B-Series motors, didn’t look close enough to see they were left hookers too :blush: Been up since half 3 this morn’ so visions a bit blurred now :laughing: :laughing:
Chris

Dear all, so short before X-mas

To my humble knowledge the ERF MW5 had a fixed cab, whereas the MW7 had a tilt

The courtyard shows 8 ERF’s in line and picture must have been taken around/after 1977
as the two B-series (both ■■■■■■■ NTC290) were bought in 1977. The six other
ERF’s are NGC420 (NGC stands for New Generation ■■■■■■■■ and had ■■■■■■■ NTC335
which was quite spectacular compared to other Continental in that time

As promissed here some pictures:

Abusively I inputted B-series, not belonging to this thread, sorry

ERF-Continental:
And here some more recent pictures however time flies…

Hey Continental, I think they even have built in lots of ■■■■■■■ engines for customers of other marques. Especially those who drove Krupp’s. Nowadays I think they only have MB’s or maybe still some Scania’s too. But once I have been told that there was a link between the company and Mercedes but■■?
White/■■■■■■■ has been very sold over here in the '50’s,then moved mostly to Scania because of the dealership Denonville White/Scania.
Some bought them for forestery work as 6*4 or heavy construction work.

Bye Eric,

Eric,

Thank you for jumping in and confirming! Indeed ■■■■■■■ was well-known in Belgium, due to ‘excellent’ performance
with the ex-army-surplus after WW2 and Denonville servicing with parts and support. Van Steenbergen diversificated
their transport, after 1997 only with emphasis on MB after severe troubles with Scania (at a time the fleet consisted
of roughly 60 Scania’s and some 10 Volvo’s) so the Stutgart-star jumped into a nice spread bed…with spin-off to the
many other Scania-users in that region abandoning Scania after a long time.

Krupp had standard V6- or V8- ■■■■■■■ installed, as Krupp and ■■■■■■■ agreed upon a license to manufacture these
engines out of Germany. By the way, there is a unique “Denonville” existing out of the 150 produced during 1937-1940
and with a ■■■■■■■ under the hood. It’s located at Scania-Denonville in Couvin, a grandson of the founder is director.

You being out of West-Flandres will no doubt remember Gruwez of Bruges with ERF B-series as well as Autocar-tractor
also delivered by ■■■■■■■ Distributor Belgium. Also De Meulemeester drove ERF as well as White Road Commander.

Well, have a nice X-mas and to be continued! Don’t hesitate in case you need something or want to share

A-J

Eric,

A quick search with a ERF indeed for forestry…Eyckmans!

Also Thibaut of Strée and Delsaert where regular customers
but then for their agricultural (tippers) section.

A-J

HST6 ERF Eyckmans.jpg

A cherry on your X-mas-cake: White Road Commander type 1 with ■■■■■■■ E290 I guess
some in the West Flandres…region Ardooie…picture made by Walter Ceulemans of Halle

X-mas was good till now to gather quantities on the European…just the NGC 420 and 380,
some 250 Europeans were assembled and sold

Here are the two Eric Vick trucks taken from elsewhere on this forum so I hope the copyright owner does not mind me sharing them. :blush:

Ted,

Your contribution (when not legal) still is very much appreciated!!!

Would like to activate ERF-knowledgengineers (how many points at scrabble)
contribute to enrich this site on MW5, MW7 and NGC!!!

Cheers

A-J

I don’t know much of the teknikanal stuff about them but do remember they were 335’s and looking at the photo again I would say it was taken in the Eric Vick yard, I recognised the dust bin and the pear trees in the background.

After falling out with ■■■■■■■ over a liner or follower problem that the fitter discovered but ■■■■■■■ didn’t admit to until years later EV’s moved over to Gardner power, not the best thing you’d think for repairs when running in Europe but:

1. They rarely broke down
    and
  2. If they did we could usually get them to a bus/coach firm, which ran Gardner powered coaches, located somewhere in the Belgium Triangle near Willibroek if I remember rightly (but don’t quote me on that) The owner was a great Gardner fan and became good friends with Eric, we’d often have a box of bits to deliver there ‘on our way’.
    It’s annoying me now because I cannot think of where it was let alone his name. More red wine and it’ll come to me.

Abusively inputted

Input was not intended/approved here

ERF-Continental:
A quick search harvested a Beresford 5MW but I guess it’s (well-)known with you all?

Please add on engine, year and destination…

Is that a beetle with a white wheel arch and a Marina van in the pic?

Any one remember Redcap Transport from Newport ? They had a MW cab ERF ex Partrick Wellingborough ? regards Keith .

Thnak you Keith for adding and I hope this forum will soon lead to a nice register of European-users

Cheers,

A-J