ERF beautys

Bringing this one back to life

Toddy2:

Good for you “Toddy2”, ERF,s were a great bit of gear, I drove a few but only owned one which was a great motor to drive good on fuel with its 375 RR Perkins engine & a Eaton Twin Splitter 12 speed box, It earned me a good living as an owner driver, It could hold its own with anything running at 40 Tonnes Gross, In those good old days, Regards Larry.

Fresh paint on the chassis, get some more bits back on, then off for a cab paint :sunglasses:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Toddy2:

Good for you “Toddy2”, ERF,s were a great bit of gear, I drove a few but only owned one which was a great motor to drive good on fuel with its 375 RR Perkins engine & a Eaton Twin Splitter 12 speed box, It earned me a good living as an owner driver, It could hold its own with anything running at 40 Tonnes Gross, In those good old days, Regards Larry.

Thanks Larry - a bit of encouragement is most welcome - it has been a bit of a slog so far

Toddy2:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Toddy2:

Thanks Larry - a bit of encouragement is most welcome - it has been a bit of a slog so far

Before & After.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Red Chassis - Yep, can’t beat it :smiley: :smiley:

pete smith:

Now that is one rare shot of a Suttons motor Pete, great ! now I could just set about that load and make a reet good job of sheeting and roping it, but no better than those Suttons Lads would have done, I wonder if it pulled a trailer ? Cheers Bewick.

pete smith:

Hi Pete this is a cracking photo, Its a Glasgow Reg , Early 40s??, But it looks a bit modern, for that era, having flashing indicators , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

pete smith:

Hi Pete this is a cracking photo, Its a Glasgow Reg , Early 40s??, But it looks a bit modern, for that era, having flashing indicators , Regards Larry.

This one of Smiles for Miles is an early 40s, A lot different in style, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

pete smith:

This one of Smiles for Miles is an early 40s, A lot different in style, Regards Larry.

Dennis/Larry,
The cab design is what stood out with the old style badge, had it been smashed up and a more modern cab fitted? I would have thought it would have pulled a trailer also, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

pete smith:

Dennis/Larry,
The cab design is what stood out with the old style badge, had it been smashed up and a more modern cab fitted? I would have thought it would have pulled a trailer also, Cheer’s Pete

Pete, this is undoubtedly one of many, many rebuilds completed by Suttons themselves. There were a few stand-out wagons in the fleet which were ‘refreshed’ such as flat-front six-wheel Atkinsons which re-emerged as bow-fronts (with additional axles) and saw service for over twenty years in some cases. Latterly, there were a number of Mk 1 & Mk 2 Atkinsons which were given new leases of life in the workshops (and new cabs, among other things). Such was the extent of some of these refurbishments, that the vehicles required re-registration, which led to more confusion as to their origins.

In the case of this ERF, it seems to be sporting a cab very similar to those used on some of the TVW chassis which Alf Sutton ran, due to the fact that he partially funded the TVW operation.

Thank you for the info Marky,

pete smith:

Might that be perishables in those cardboard trays? And how do you copy the picture please? Suttons chinese six.

cav551:

pete smith:

Might that be perishables in those cardboard trays? And how do you copy the picture please? Suttons chinese six.

Right-click on picture and a list will come up. Click on ‘Save picture as’ and it will save it to your pictures in your computer (it lets you select exactly where you want to save it to). Robert

^^

Thanks. Sorry, I meant how to quote from a post and include the picture.

cav551:
^^

Thanks. Sorry, I meant how to quote from a post and include the picture.

The picture used to come automatically with the quote but people got fed up with the same batch of pictures continually being repeated down the page, so TNUK changed the system to stop including the picture. Actually, it’s much better. However, if you do want to include the picture, simply download the picture (the right-click thing) and upload it again into your reply before pressing ‘submit’. Hope that helps. Someone may know a more streamlined way, but that’s what I do. Cheers, Robert

There doesn’t seem to be much evidence on here of the cat powered Ec 's ?